Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Next week will be the last beta patch

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Beta Forum' started by Rooks, Apr 6, 2012. | Replies: 32 | Views: 3332

1. Rooks

Rooks IncGamers Member

Next week will be the last beta patch

Next week will likely be the last major beta patch before the game goes gold. This patch will be very important as it is Blizzards last attempt through the beta to help ease concerns about ongoing issues.

Specifically, it will be interesting to see if they make any adjustments to:

1.) Skill / Rune UI - Many people still do not like it, or find it clunky.
    2.) Auction House - I personally feel that this should be accessible in game. The UI and menu options for it still feel very clunky and "betaish".
    3.) Performance Issues - I am personally still experiencing rubber-banding. I know many on the b.net forums are complaining about lag and various other issues.
    4.) Will they change the skills progression yet again? 30 something days before the game drops, do they feel that changes still need to be made in this area?

I suppose the list could go on, however I am fairly confidant looking at their patch cycle times that this next patch will be their last major one. I assume the beta servers will go down 2-3 weeks before the game launches as this is usually common practice.

The game feels smooth, in its limited capacity, however there is always room for improvement!
  2. Chaboi

Chaboi IncGamers Member

Re: Next week will be the last beta patch

They need to decrease the spirit costs of monk skills
  3. Rooks

Rooks IncGamers Member

I do enjoy the monk. I like the fast-paced, melee dps classes. I do believe the Barb is better tho! =]
  4. Brokenstorm

Brokenstorm IncGamers Member

It doesn't matter when the games goes gold anymore.
    If they want Blizzard could release 1 patch per week for the next month and combine them all in a Day 1 patch.

And I agree with 3. I still get major FPS drops the first time I use a skill or load an asset. The only way i managed to fix it was to play from a RamDisk.
  5. z00t

z00t IncGamers Member

Unfortunately, I think that the skills, as is, is final.

The only thing that really disappoints me is the WD's Corpse Spiders :p. I miss them being stronger and not needing so much of a time requirement standing there and spamming :p.

EDIT: Also, what makes you say next week is the last patch for beta? :O
  6. Bowzer

Bowzer <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a><br>D

If anything, the weeks leading into launch should see more frequent patching.
  7. HardRock

HardRock IncGamers Member

Source?

I sincerely hope this is true.

The functionality is there, but it still has lots of issues, especially in how information is presented to the player.

Yeah, rubberbanding got worse in the latest patches, it's annoying as hell. Also, more assets should be pre-loaded when the game loads for the first time. The first few minutes of gameplay can be a lagfest for people with slow HDDs (me :) ).

In case of the DH, I hope so. Risingred created a thread about a difficulty spike the DH may encounter early in the game: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4365748308

Changing the skill progression for the DH is one way of solving this issue, without affecting the difficulty of the game for the other classes.

8. cozuya

cozuya Diablo: IncGamers Member

I think there's still major balance issues that need to be worked out prior to release, specifically WD Soul Harvest (and general problems with the WD which makes him almost "manaless"), DH preparation+punishment (theorycrafting), lots of skills and runes that flat out will never be used in any build ever, etc.

What really concerns me is resource management in regards to runes. There are tons of runes that are like "make the cost of suchandsuch 4 less rage". WTF is the point of that if we're stacked with a bunch of +maximum rage items? Even in beta you can find things like "+1 maximum discipline" everywhere - level 60 gear is going to have tons of that stuff. In my opinion they clearly meant to make all 6 runes useful in that there's not "low level runes" that you automatically discard once you hit 60. In that case they need to be completely revamped.

Not to mention tons of bugs like music cutting out (that's been there for 2-3 patches) and some pretty bad rubberbanding still.
  9. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Site Pal

That's hard to believe.
  10. TheFarxy

TheFarxy IncGamers Member

i dont think we will se much more patches for beta in this stage maybe one more, but changes now you will see on the GAME GUIDE not beta !
  11. Gamekk

Gamekk IncGamers Member

fix public games at last maybe?
  12. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

I'm still waiting for the damn AH to be fixed. Its sorting by DPS/Armor/Price/etc has been broken for ages now.
  13. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

i am positive we wont be seeing in game AH for awhile, if ever. outside of that i really agree with 1 and 3
  14. Apocalypse

omg i read that entire thread. i am so happy i am not active on that forum you cant say anything without everyone claiming you are whining. say 1 thing they dont agree with and you are an idiot who does not know how to play the game. i actually thought his OP and follow up where very good posts

15. Praos

Praos IncGamers Member

Tbh this thing with the public games is really annoying

16. HardRock

To be honest, I don't think the official forums are that bad, but that thread and the responses there really made me scratch my head. Some people have a strange idea about what should they use their beta access for.

17. Apocalypse

well its clear to me beta test now = demo. no one actually tests the game and if you say anything about it you get called a noob. also that one guy seemed to not understand the difference between working and working right. i mean you could hit monsters for 1 damage each spell cast and they would actually be working just not right or in a fun way. but whatever screw him
  18. Rooks

Rooks IncGamers Member

I thought Bashiok tweeted, or maybe it was a blue moderator on the forums, mentioned something about the public games being fixed in this next "tools patch" being released early this week. I'll see if I can find it.
  19. z00t

z00t IncGamers Member

Blargh I just read that thread too - I honestly don't understand how people missed the point that its outside Normal difficulty where stuff gets troublesome :p.

Ive actually had similar thoughts, myself. Super-tough champion unburied who teleport to you are going to smash face on harder difficulties. Unlike other monsters in Normal, they already have built-in knockback so, if you add teleporter on top of that, its like they have two affixes :p. I got flashbacks of being stunlocked by some yeti champs in d2 haha :p.
  20. HardRock

I don't mind these Unburied in the later difficulties, but I do in the first third of Act 1 Normal. The real issue is that only the DH has problems with them, since she lacks a hard CC completely.

Anyway, we're getting kinda off-topic here.