Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

newbie druid looking for some help

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Devious Druid, May 18, 2005. | Replies: 5 | Views: 653

1. Devious Druid

Devious Druid IncGamers Member

newbie druid looking for some help

I am actually new to both the druid and D2 in general. I have read quite a bit for my questions I have but I am unfamiliar with all the shorthand stuff.

I have a level 38 druid and I am strictly PvM ladder expansion. My build is a pure fury/werewolf/lycan/oak sage build with my skills heavily in hp. I have about 1200 hps now.

So I am on the market for a new weapon. But I would obviously like to maximize my range and speed since I am pure fury. Is there any weapon, even if its a lvl 45 or 50, i can get there soon enough, that I should try to get or trade for? At my current disposal I have a 3 socketed maul that I can upgrade to 4 sockets. The great mauls are nice but too slow for my taste. Any uniques that are good. Ideally, if i had access to everything, what should I get. Also, what would some of you consider the best (my newbness is showing here) weapon and armor for a high level druid.

My last concern is armor/amies/rings... gear in general. What is good to have around my level??? Be specific please cause i am not good with all the shorthand.

Thanks!
  2. eLight

eLight IncGamers Member

Ribcracker is a damn fine weapon obtainable on lvl 31. Shael it and you have a weapon of mass destruction. When you are around lvl 60 "I think" you just upgrade it and you are ready for hell. A nice armor is either Duress or Lionheart.
    I recommend Sheal Sheal Tomb Reaver for hell since you will hit very very fast.
    If you are lucky, try to get a Eth tomb reaver and Zod it.... Err nevermind actually ;). Thats my 360 cents

Btw, collect all Perfect gems you find on your way. You will be able to get some nice startingitems for those. :thumbsup:
  3. Devious Druid

I have perfects of every kind already, either 1 or 2 of each. What kind of starting items?

Also, what do you mean by upgrade it?

4. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

Upgrading means you can take the ribcraker and using the receipy found on another part of this site or the Blizzard site you can turn it into the elite version of the item which means much more damage. Once upgrade it can be an endgame weapon.

Duriel shell can also be used until end game same the the lionheart. Duress is also something to look into. The last two are runeword armors that are fairly cheap to make.
  5. Devious Druid

So for those 2 rune word armors. Is there a specific armor you have to have before hand or will any 3 or 4 socketed or whatever armor do? I was looking and it seems that for the duress eveyone uses an acharon plate or something like that. Just curious.

6. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

The things that help me out alot when I am doing p v m are 75%resist all in hell, a really good weapon as in high damage and as fast as I can get it, Life leech, and mana leech. If I was you I would stick to trying to get a ribcracker and upgrade it and put a sheal in it.

Also to let you in on a easy to do get rich quick trick. Is doing hell forge and nightmare forges over and over again. To do this you need.

1. A friend online.
    2. A easy to level charater.
    3. Some items that will help you out. See I have been able to get.

Ok to do this you need your friend around when you need to make a new guy. What you want to do with your friend is trans your items you want to keep to your new guy. If you do not have room on that new guy, tranfer the left overs to a mule. After you are done with that you should have a level 1 chareter with items on it that should be used at high levels. Level that guy as fast as you can. Look up a guild that tells you how to do that. You can do this in 3 days time. When you are in act 4 hell or in act 4 nightmare go do hell forge asap. Do this alone. pick up the runes and gems. When this is done start over. You can get alot of good runes. That are able to be traded for easyly. Yes you can do this on as a massproduse. To do this you need a guy on ladder that isn't exp and a guy onladder that is exp that is able to do act 4. And make a acct with 8 level 1's that are on non exp ladder. Rush each mule to act 4 hell. Give each mule the last waypoint in act 4 hell. Then move those mules to exp ladder. Do hell forge and nm forge with each mule. With the second half in mind I have not been able to do but I have done my friends accts that have been given to me on ladder. The acct had 4 guys on it that where in hell act 4. I was able to get 2 um runes, 1 ist rune and 1 mal from hell forge. From nightmare forge I was able to get 2 pul runes and a 2 lem runes.

I have been able to do this with the full disciple set.

RESISTS

fire 139
    cold 83
    poison 100-115
    Lighting 65

plus 3 to all skills.

20 to str
    10 to dex

This used with jalas you can have.

fire 169
    cold 113
    poison 130-145
    lighting 95

plus 7 to wereform skills.
    5 to all other druid skills.

40 str
    10 dex
    20 energy pointless really

I was able to get the disciple full set for under 20 p gems. I do not know what the going price is for a jala's mane, at the most it will cost you a lem rune but that is only worth 20 p gems any ways. Also a ribcracker is worth at the most 1-5 p gems, I would buy 2 of these 1 for low levels and 1 for high levels that would be up graded. SO for around 41-45 p gems you can have a good druid that kicks butt. For rings you might as well use a life leech ring and a mana leech ring.

I socted my armor and helm with sheal runes. Also a tomb reaver would be a great weapon to get.

I hope this will help out, Devious Druid.