Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

New user looking for help with items

Discussion in 'Single Player' started by Boonsong, Feb 28, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 837

1. Boonsong

Boonsong IncGamers Member

Hi there.

I have just installed Diablo 2 for the 4th time over 15 years or something. I have always had a barbarian, but the last time I also had an assassin too. I've never been on these fora.

The barb is frenzy/conc hybrid with war cry and a point on every skill; the assassin is a dragon claw Phoenix Striker.

These characters had quite a lot of nice stuff. What's more I have only just downloaded GoMule for the first time, so having kept these items before for so long without 'muling' them I feel somewhat harshed out that I now find myself looking for them again.

Anyway, I'd be super grateful if someone can help me out with the following list, or any part of it. These are all items that I've had before.

- Arreat's Face
    - Pierre Tombale Couant
    - Thundergod's Vigor
    - Venom Grip
    - Waterwalk
    - Arkaine's Valor
    - Highlord's Wrath
    - Raven Frost
    - Raven Frost
    - Stone of Jordan
    - Bartuc's Cut-Throat
    - Natalya's Totem
    - Natalya's Soul
    - Que-Hegan's Wisdom
    - Stormchaser
    - Lidless Wall

This is a little bit cheeky, but I've never found these items and would like them a lot ;)
    - Arachnid Mesh
    - Stormshield
    - Nightwing's Veil
    - Natalya's Mark
    - Natalya's Shadow

I'm not sure how trading works exactly as I've never done it - but I did read something on another thread that suggested emailing each other d2s files with stuff that might be of interest.

I don't have much but am getting new stuff every day. I have a Cham rune, other runes, loads of gems some not-so-special uniques & sets... open to suggestion really.

Can anyone help me?
  2. Jocular

Jocular IncGamers Member

Well first I'm going to direct you to this link .

And then you should definitely read through this thread as well. You're breaking quite a few rules, and you should fix that before Thyiad (the mod of this forum) fixes you :nod:

Also...it's best not to just beg on these forums. Once you've been here awhile people may give you things willingly, but all items are self-found, and thus relatively precious.

It's very easy to make a sorc, take her through hell, and then kill Hell Pindle, or NM/Hell Meph ungodly amounts of time to get some items fairly quickly. Also, I would look up Travincal running or LK running if you're interested in trying to find some HR's on your own.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  3. Boonsong

Boonsong IncGamers Member

OK, thanks Jocular - I've read through those threads. Can't see however where I should create my Trader Profile Template (some help?) and I see my original post doesn't have things like screenshots/histories for the Cham etc (I can do the screenshot if entirely necessary but can't tell you more than Corpsefire dropped it in Den of Evil on Hell). I'm playing it on SC single player, v1.13 (can't tell you the 'c' or 'd' bit though? - whatever the latest patch was around Christmas last year. I don't know what FAM/Vanilla means.

I suppose the highest-calibre item I have is Blood Raven's Charge (185% damage, 285% attack) which Blood Raven gave me - no plans to make a Bowazon at present so if anyone's interested, there it is... also Laying of Hands, Gheed's Fortune...
  4. Jocular

Jocular IncGamers Member

This is the correct place to create your trader profile. Just make a new post with all the necessary information.

The latest patch was 1.13d.

As for the Cham, I think that's for Thyiad to decide if it's kosher or not to be traded in this forum. Just send Thyiad a PM about it. He/she(?) usually is quick in response. In my opinion it should be fine considering you found it before you knew of the rules on this site. (Nice find too, that's the highest rune he can drop). However, the mods decide strictly, but fairly. It's the only way to keep our single player existence legitimate.

As for rules, I meant having a trader profile, linking to it in your original post, and the fact that you're technically not allowed to trade yet.

For me linking to my trade profile, I would write: {url=whatever url it is} 1.13d SC FAM FTS {/url} but replace "{" with "[" and "}" with "]", and "whatever url it is" with an actual url.

Also, since your account is still under a week, you're prohibited from trading unfortunately. But you can still make a trader profile! Read up on this here .

As for Vanilla/FAM. Vanilla means that you play sans mods. What mods? Here are the mods that are allowed on this site . FAM are Forum Accepted Mods. You'll find the necessary information in that link.

RuneWord Mod (RWM) is especially useful because it allows you to make ladder only runewords, consequently making many more character builds possible. The others have been made redundent because one of the more recent blizz patches made runes their lovely orange color.

If all this sounds overly bureaucratic, it isn't really. It feels like a lot to deal with at the start, but once you've got the hang of it it becomes second nature. I've found all of the resources on this site extremely helpful, especially the stash programs, and RWM. Not to mention the other members on the site.

If you have any questions that I or other members can't answer (like the Cham), I would PM Thyiad.

P.S. Also, I'm guessing you must've already looked through this post to have GoMule set up...but I though I might as well link it anyways just in case.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013