Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New Tournament: Slow and Steady.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DiamondSoul, Mar 24, 2012. | Replies: 549 | Views: 20125

1. DiamondSoul

DiamondSoul IncGamers Member

New Tournament: Slow and Steady.

Hi everyone and welcome to a Tourney that will likely last a very long time.

I wanted to create a tournament that had simple rules, yet there was something unique about it. Also, I wanted to make it so that you can spend as much time on it as you want, or the bare minimum and just "keep up" with the rest of us. Not sure if this has been done before, but here we go.

The idea is pretty simple. Each day we will "unlock" 1 quest. You may rerun the areas involved with that quest as much as you want, or just do it once, it's up to you. For example, today we are only allowed to do The Den of Evil. You are not allowed to go to Cold Plains. Tomorrow (March 24) Blood raven is unlocked and you can rerun the areas involved up to that quest (including the crypts in burial grounds). Feel free to go back and give Corpsefire a visit if you wish. On March 25 feel free to finish Search for Cain and all areas up to it. So on so forth... So in about a week's time, we will finish Act 1. :scratchchin:

This will allow people who are late to join in at any time and catch up to the rest of us. And it will allow people to run corpsefire a thousand times a day if they so wish :crazyeyes:

Tournament Rules

1. HC only, if you wish to play regular, let us know when you are dead and you are out of tourney, feel free to join in again with different character.
    2. Keep up with the dates and quests, never skip to the next quest (and its areas) until it is unlocked. Wait for my unlock for each quest so that we will try to keep up all around the same time. 12am Pacific Daylight Time every day.
    3. Use a whacky character build. This is subjective, but be as creative as you want. Single tree builds, melee necros, singer barbs, etc. are very much encouraged to keep the tourney interesting.
    4. Mule off only, never on.
    5. Solo only.
    6. Muling applications and RWM are allowed.
    7. Using /players is allowed at any moment.
    8. Please don't use save and exit, we want to eventually see some deaths here people! You are however allowed to run away using your town portal.
    9. Avoid respecing. Use it only to correct a build in case you were drunk and missclicked :guiness:

Vodka the Hardcore Melee Amazon joins the tourney, I will only be using the Passive and Magic skill tree. I will be using a Lightening Merc from Act III.

Good luck everyone, and have fun! :) :wave:
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  2. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Re: New Tournament: Slow and Steady.

The sheer slowlness of this does have a nice ring to it, as you hoped. At least to me :p. I need to think of a build to try, though. Probably a singer!
  3. DiamondSoul

Yeah, we need at least one dude who is willing to attempt singer in this Tourney :worship:
  4. darknessproz

darknessproz IncGamers Member

I'm in for this as a strafer. It isn't whacky, but i have not played it before so.. its gonna be fun ;)
  5. pharphis

Okay, TheTenorTremor is born! This will be my first singer, and I'm hoping it goes well. I'm not sure what they typically do, but I won't be using any combat skills, and only 1ish in each of the non-mastery things for the mastery tree.
    Such an ugly baby. He came out wielding an axe, shouting at his foes. Wait. No. Singing? At least his voice is beautiful!
    ARGGGGGGGGGGHHHH

Also, tomorrow when we go for blood raven, and accidentally enter the stony field first, this is allowable if we just run back or tp if necessary to avoid the monsters?
  6. DiamondSoul

Don't worry about accidentally running into stoney, just run right out, no biggie. Glad to see people joining! Lets dooo thiiiiis!
  7. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

i am on this. enter Hup, the leap barb. he leaps, he attacks, he leap attacks!
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  8. DiamondSoul

Haha, can't wait to see what builds people come up with.
  9. darknessproz

darknessproz IncGamers Member

Just a question: is there a restriction with regards to respec?
  10. DiamondSoul

Hmmm, good question darknessproz.
    Avoid respecs, use them only to correct your build if you accidentally miss clicked. Pick something whacky and stick with it for the tourney.
  11. djmbbandie

djmbbandie IncGamers Member

I'm in, say hi to Bowmaster. He will be a ranger Paladin (I've never built one of those before) with I think a barb merc from Act V (I've never used one of those either).
  12. HeadKick

HeadKick IncGamers Member

Awesome idea!!

I present to you, Slow_Poke, the Act II Mercenary..I mean Paladin. Rules are simple - I won't be able to cast spells at any point (this means no zeal, no smite, no hammers, etc), and therefore will rely solely on my trusty polearm (did I mention I can only use polearms?), and whichever aura(s) I decide. Also, I can only choose to place points in auras that are available to Act II mercs in-game.
  13. DiamondSoul

Great ideas so far guys! (except strafe dude, come oooon)
    This is gonna be fun! :thumbsup:
  14. pharphis

^Sweet idea HeadKick.
    Also, LA barbs are pretty friggin' sweet.
  15. djmbbandie

djmbbandie IncGamers Member

Do we update here then I presume?

Bowmaster has cleared the Blood Moor and Den of Evil at p8 and attained 6 levels in the process. He is now level 7. The first thing he did was to sell his short sword and buckler to Charsi for 2 gold. The first bow he found while punching a fallen was a cracked short bow:banghead:. Another fallen in the Moor dropped a short bow of measure, which was much better. He used it to clear the rest of the Moor and the Den. He's been selling most of his finds and went to Gheed to see what he could get for a bow. On his fifth try, he picked this up

Bramble Loom:yes:
    Hunter's Bow
    +11 AR
    +1-2 Damage
    +1-3 Lightning Damage
    +6 Poison Damage

He's prepared to head for the Cold Plains tomorrow to test his new bow.
  16. DiamondSoul

Yup, post your updates here!
    Vodka the Melee Amazon whacked Corpsefire 3 times and is now level 8! Made a chipped diamond all resist shield and weapon is a scepter. Even found a rare amulet! So far so good. Looking forward to bashing in Blood Raven's skull tomorrow.
    4 points Critical Strike
    3 points Dodge
    1 point Inner Sight
  17. pharphis

TheTenorTremor also killed Corpsefire 3 times, but is only level 7. Didn't find anything great, though he's now using a scepter which are alwasy OP early on.
  18. The Lord of Darkness

The Lord of Darkness IncGamers Member

I'm in and is it cool to do a roll of the dice character? Meaning roll dice for stat and skill placement? 5-point increments on stats.
  19. DiamondSoul

The Lord of Darkness, you are putting both of the tournaments I've created in one, I was wondering if there was anyone creative enough to do that. Right on! :jig:
  20. The Lord of Darkness

The Lord of Darkness IncGamers Member

Ok, I'm set. Enter Rick_Grimes Lv 7 Dice Druid. The Dice are saying he is going to be a werewolf up until this point. I'm assuming dates are local say it's March 24th here and still the 23rd on the west coast, I am free to hit up Blood Raven?