Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New player - Necromancer

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by BigDon, Jan 19, 2013. | Replies: 4 | Views: 1633

1. BigDon

BigDon IncGamers Member

I'm pretty new to Diablo 2. I have had a few characters and this is my first Necromancer. I have been following a build I found...

[h=1]Summoner/Magic Find Necromancer by lMarcusl
    [/h] http://www.diablowiki.com/Summoner/Magic_Find_Necromancer_by_lMarcusl

I would like to ask a question about Magic find. This build says that "incredibly high" magic find will help you find gear that could boost strength enough to equip desired items. My question is... How do I begin finding MF items early on? Any tips? Do I need to farm certain areas? Or proceed through game?

Thanks for help. I appreciate the help.
  2. Ladvarian

Ladvarian IncGamers Member

Not sure about that version of the Necro summoner, but I know this one is tried and trusted by many. NightFish's Fishymancer. The main difference is that he maxes Corpse Explosion. Edit: Sorry saw Revive at first then realized that it was Fire Golem. This might work as the Fire Golem would draw attention to him instead of you. The only problem is if he draws attention from off the screen to more mobs than your minions can handle. Good luck with which ever guide you choose to use.

As for where to start MF I suggest progressing through the game until you get to Nightmare Mephisto. That is where a lot of characters stop, run him for a while then move onto Hell Mephisto. You might also want to stop at Nightmare Baal if you still need a few levels before Hell. Good luck.
  3. BigDon

BigDon IncGamers Member

Thank you for recommending that build. I may start again as I'm not too far into it, Only level 15 or so.

Is there a limted amount of times you can respec stats?
  4. Ladvarian

Ladvarian IncGamers Member

Please see my edit from above. ;)

You are given one 'free' respec for each of the difficulties, Normal, Nightmare and Hell. It is from the same quest Act I Quest I. The others must be earned or traded for from other players. Hell Act Bosses drop essences, one of each combined creates a token of absolution which allows for respecilization.

Also depending on your computer and internet connection having that many minions at one time might cause a lot of lag.
  5. Black Lotus

Black Lotus IncGamers Member

I'd recommend running normal baal, nm mephisto/baal and finally hell Cows/Diablo/Baal/other 85lvl areas.

Magic find mods on your gear just improve the rate you get unique and rare items, but not too much.

Everyone's ladder summoner build is:

1pt into amplify damage, decrepify and summoning skills
    max raise skeleton, then
    max corpse explosion, then
    max golem mastery/skeleton mastery and rest in mages if you like them.

If you like mages even more, max it before golem mastery.