Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

New life expected in Dawnmaster's Mansion

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dawnmaster, Feb 20, 2013. | Replies: 375 | Views: 19403

1. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Hello,

in the last few years I've gotten a lot of "living things" in my house, a girlfriend, a cat, a dog, a second cat, ...
    but now, I'm proud to announce that a new person
    (as of this point yet of unknown gender and a name veiled by the utmost secrecy)
    is expected to make it's way out of the holy womb
    ("Heil baby" if anyone saw that episode from Married with Children)

We've been well on our way for 7 months now (expected date = 02/05/2013)
    and eventhough I've had tons of information and preperation,
    I recently encountered some more info I wasn't prepared for,
    and from what family and friends keep telling me, there'll always be a lot more things I wasn't aware off.

Having said so, for the people that had kids, how did your life changed the most?
    Specifically during the pregnancy, the first weeks/months after birth, and then your life ever since?
    And if possible, about as many topics: personality change, social contact, personal time off, physical appearance, ...?

Just trying to get the most ideas possible about best/worst case scenario's,
    seeing how some people try to force me into a goodie good daddy life, while others say everything will be ruined,
    some say I will be a wrack of misery while others say I will glow with happiness,
    and eventhough I'm guessing it'll be something in between, I'm kind freaked out about what will really happen to me.
  2. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Congratulations!
    (This is Phase one of the rest of your life.)
  3. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged IncGamers Member

It's going to feel like the hardest work imaginable, for both of you, but be strict with yourself and remind yourself it's a magical time.
    Before you know it, it will be behind you and you'll wonder where the time went but in May this year you're going to forget what a good night's sleep feels like.

Enjoy it! :thumbup:
  4. Solar Ice

Solar Ice IncGamers Member

Congratulations! I don't have kids so I have no idea what to expect/feel or prepare for. :p
  5. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch IncGamers Member

couldn't have said it better myself! Congrats!!
  6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Probably more like both of it at the same time. That's just my observation of the situation of my brothers, however.

Congrats!
  7. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

congratulations, I guess you'll have to be more responsible now, no more taking your life into your hands in the woodpecker infested wilderness
  8. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Congratulations! :balloons:

So glad this isn't my thread. :D
  9. stillman

stillman IncGamers Member

Dude, I wish it was my thread. It's getting late in the game for me, so I better find someone to woodpecker or I'll infiltrate a sperm bank. This hair loss isn't getting cured unless the bible stories are true, and most of the women at work make a lot more money than I do [dooooooooooooooooooooomed].
  10. Dredd

Be honest though. The only thing holding you down is your willingness to really put yourself out there and work for it. The single women aren't hiding under rocks but they also don't magically fall out of the sky and into your lap either (although I confess that would be pretty sweet). :)
  11. Dawnmaster

I'm scared to find out what the other phases are ^^ (although I'm guessing puberty will be the next biggest step?)

Yeah, guess I will have to settle down and stop being reckless and irresponsible...

Anyways, thanks for all the nice replies (and pm), be sure to keep an eye out around May 2nd, I'll post some pictures asap ;-)
  12. Vivi

Vivi IncGamers Member

Congratulations!
    I'm glad to say I'll never be a parent, that is my choice and I can rejoice for others whose choice it is and who look forward to it.

Since I don't have children myself, but I used to be one, the only important thing I can say is, let the child be who he or she wants to be. Some parents - and I'm not saying you do! - feel that the child must be brought up in ways relating to the ways they were brought up themselves.
    Let the child be who he or she is, let it embrace the things this world holds that weren't there when you were young, let him or her be different (but not in a way that damages others of course) and let him or her know that you will always be there, even when choices are made you don't agree with.
  13. Stevinator

Stevinator IncGamers Member

Congrats, I have yet to breed, but my understanding from sitcoms and others I know who have bred is that your definition of gross will become far more liberal and sleep becomes much more valuable. Also, for several months you will make sounds that are not quite words (which seems cruel since the child is attempting to learn how to talk from these sounds). Your facebook status will now act as a running documentary of everything the child does (this has probably already started with sonagram pics). You will not call your very cool friend steve to go out anymore, and when he invites you places, you will look at him oddly, like you want to go but you don't think you have the energy, and instead of answering, you'll just sigh. In a few years, the only contact with your cool friend steve will be via words with friends chat boxes.

:)
  14. Dredd

:D - Okay fellas, this is a really bad time to give the poor guy cold feet.

Gotta admit your story kinda hits home. Can't tell ya how many times I've been in "cool steve's" position over the course of the last fifteen or so years. *snicker*
  15. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Phase 2 is picking a name.

I might suggest Woody if it's a boy.

:D
  16. Dawnmaster

This is actually one of the situations I'm scared off.

I see various couples with kids in my life (around my age)
    Some I hardly see, they have almost zero time, but are very eager to get out of the house.
    Some I frequently see, they seem to be able to combine social life and raising multiple kids perfectly.

I'm hoping I'll have the time and energy for the latter, but if not,
    I'm hoping that atleast I'll have the oppertunity to combine visiting friends / kids playing with eachother.
    (eventhough this last line is what I'd expect most of them would do, has actually never happened?)

In regards to the sonagrams (in Belgium we call them Echos) I've tried scanning in a few, but it seems the scanner always tries to compensate for the dark picture by being too bright, and I've yet to find the "sweet" setting to get a nice colour, yet still clear visible picture, anyway any thoughts/ideas on this?

And lastly, I'm proud to say I never really got into facebook, I only ever posted one picture there (see tar), couldn't care less about following people's news or placing my one, infact the only thing I ever did there was try the funny games.
    (I am social, I just prefer real human contact, I don't even call peeps, only to meet up)

EDIT:
    Actually, the name picking went suprisingly well.

We already had a girl's name even before we started, it just took us a few weeks to come up with a boy's name (I'd prefer it if it will be a girl)

But at this point I'm glad we don't know the gender, people keep pestering me everyday what gender it'll be, what name we chose, etc...
  17. Dredd

Don't be. It can't be helped and it's nothing to feel guilty about. In the case of my friends, they were simply dedicating their time and energy to making their families work - which is admirable. Sure, I had my emo moments where I missed my friends, but I was never upset with them for merely having their priorities straight. :)

I got ya one-upped there, bud. I don't even have an account! :D

Butting out of the discussion. Congratulations again. Best wishes!
  18. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Soon enough your doing this phase

and then before you know it.
    It's over.
  19. Dawnmaster

Actually, I'd see me more like this:
  20. Leopold Stotch

Leopold Stotch IncGamers Member

Stillman, don't freak. My clock is in full swing and I'm freaking out that I'm running out of time too. And I'm opposite of what Dredd said. It's not my willingness holding me back... actually, it kinda is. :D I'm scared to death of falling in love again because I don't want to go through that again. Yes, it's a part of this stupid life cycle, but ya know, not ready to go through the gut-wrenching, heart-breaking, crying everyday for two to three weeks, overeating, sad, ****ed up depression that lasts months, sometimes years. Also, I need to get myself straightened out and let's not even talk about that!!

Plus, I feel I've chased men most of my life. I'm gonna sit my fat-*** (hey, I'm toning it up! AND OMG IT HURTS! But the burn is nice. :) means I'm building a bigger and muscular butt! :D) over there and let him come to me. Lazy? Probably. "Not the way to find THE ONE" ? I don't give a ****! If he really wants me, he will come to me.