Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

New ladder new pvp

Discussion in 'PvP' started by theredpredator, Apr 24, 2012. | Replies: 22 | Views: 10853

1. theredpredator

theredpredator IncGamers Member

New ladder new pvp

This ladder was a little unsatifying. I build like 5 pvp chars and they were all medium-okay ish.

What I was thinking is, what would happen if I would combine all that wealth of those 5 pvp chars into 1 (maybe 2 to counter counters). Make it my goal to reach lvl 99 (most likely a no-no so just as high as possible).

So lets say under these conditions:
    1- cost is no problem (assumption)
    2- must be all-round versatile
    3- must not be hard countered
    4- must be fun to play
    5- must look sexy 2 play
    6- must be able to rape

What would your char be?

Ad3- hard countered like smiter vs hammerdin and bowazon/javazon vs anything with teleport. However if there is a counter to this hard counter, im listening.

ad6) must be able to finish chars quick, not the gm let us play easy now chip chip chip you win. In pubs its about raping or be raped. Ghostsins, they tend to favor gm duels, while in bm they just kiss akara all day.

I was thinking:
    Wind Druid
    Whirlwind Barb

I read the liberators guide 2 threads below, I have noted it, also on the list.

Let me hear please.

Also ona side note..

Would it even be worth while to play new ladder with d3 coming? I dont plan on d3'ing. D2 can not be replaced (said the same for starcraft 1 however -.-)
  2. ambid

ambid IncGamers Member

Re: New ladder new pvp

Hammerdin
    Wind druid
    Bva
    Bone necro
    Trapper

Pick the one/two you like the most.

My pick would be druid + necro.
  3. theredpredator

Trapper has tg+wisp all over it ugh.

Hammerdins are fun but they kind of suck vs bowazons, druids and es shield sorces (unless you lolsorb them)

Bone necro noted.
  4. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

Your requirements pretty much eliminate all builds.

I would suggest hdin, windy, or necro, but hdins are hard countered by necros and windies, windies have a bad time vs trapsins and a horrible time vs ghosts, and necro vs es sorc is terrible. All assuming some skill and decent builds; bad duelers aren't worth thinking about.
  5. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

Getting a build with no hard counter is almost impossible, everything has a weakness.

Go with a Charger with max deadly strike for the fun of it (some combination of death/guili's/highlords/gores), as long as you land a strike they are pretty much done for.
  6. ambid

ambid IncGamers Member

Well, bm rules out all elemental characters, since they all can be absed.

Hammerdin can beat bowazon, druid and es sorc. You just have to play better than your opponent.

This is true, all chars have counters. Most of them can be beaten by out playing your opponent, but still matches like bone necro vs. es sorc are pretty pointless.

That's why I suggested getting two chars, wind druid + bone necro would be my pick.

7. theredpredator

Some chars have more counters than other chars.

Bowazon are pretty much countered by everything. Javazon are pretty pointless. Wind druid and necro are nice allround duellers, but I played necro abck to back. Time for a change :(

Been thinking of a 95es mb fire sorc:

circlet with +2 sorc skills, mana and 2 sockets, nn fcr. Shael Shael
    2 sorc 15fcr amu with mana mods
    Viper shaeled
    Arach
    Dual Soj
    Frosties
    Mana boots

105 fcr, with some charms I can get the 86 bp. Sounds like a fun build, just pump up the mana and hide behind my energy shield -.-

Suggestions?
  8. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

Bad bowazons are countered by everything. Good ones are actually quite difficult in 1v1 for many classes. People have this misconception about them because 98% of the bowazons on bnet are bad.

Sorc looks okay, but you might want to compare a shaeled shako & 1 more 12 fhr gc vs a non fcr circlet if you're going to do that. They aren't my strong suit though. I assume you're giving up on having a build that isn't hard countered? Sorcs have a lot of those.
  9. ambid

ambid IncGamers Member

This is what you said earlier.

Unfortanedly, if the duels are assumed to be bm. That rules out firesorcs too, hots + rising sun and you just heal all chars.

Elemental characters have no place in bm duels.

10. theredpredator

Correct. Sorc is sorbable (fire sorc pbb easiest sorbable, just takes 1 um rune). But then again I want it to be fun on the one hand. On the other hand I want this hard to BM char. Like a Wind druid.

Taking in reconsiliation about the trapper. Isnt some hybrid form with whirlwind with empphathysis on traps better? I think in the perspective that every paladin is a sorber,this is reasonable.

You know what...

Scratch my remark about not being sorbable. If some douche wants to nullify me, be my guess. Hell have to run all pub game with sorb gear on after me being vulnerable to other people. When he gets randomed, I jump in for the NK -.-

Bowazons: I have not met one bowazon that was hard this ladder on Europe. Not one. But I could imagine one with that crazy of frw would desynch like a madman.

This ladder I had:
    Max dmg blizz - somehow people tend to gang up on you haha. Not planning on remaking.
    Joderdin - Ideal for 1v7. Maybe, but unsure.
    Necromancer - Fun, but res were ugly with max block dr build. Cast build gave flexibility and I had the ultimate caster killer. Unsure bout remaking.
    Barb - Its ok but no more than that. Not planning on remaking.
    Bowazon - crazy dmg and was fun. Not planing on remaking.
    Smiter - It was ok untill you get a game full of hammerdins and you are like ok im afk.

Chars I never had:
    Wind
    Trapper (hybrid)
    FOH
    Wolfie
    Poison nec
    Javazon (only dangerous when fc imho, no option)
    Singer barb (oh please please boost dmg and im all over it)
    Max charge Paladin (high lolfator)

Ambid, what chars did you find the most fun to play and what chars the most effective?
  11. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

A hybrid is probably better for public games, but with east's rules a trapper is close to if not the #1 gm pvp build. They can go c/c vs casters or smiters or use BoS hoto and stormshield for high DR and relatively easy max block vs bowas and barbs and such. They're excellent in team vs team. They also offer a high skill cap; you won't master one easily and you can keep getting better and better with them. That said, a hybrid isn't going to be much (if any) better at killing bm sorbing dins because ghosts, trappers, and hybrids all apply damage at a relatively slow pace vs a sorbing max block character. Traps take time to kill, venom+ow+small physical damage take time to kill. The din towns, wells, pots, whatever.

Bowa: You're also playing on ladder and I have never met a good (pure) bowa on ladder... not that I play on EU, but I imagine the ladder environment there is probably similar in how it marginalizes some particular builds. Plus public games aren't their strong suit.
  12. ambid

ambid IncGamers Member

What Karth said about trappers is true. They are one of the best, if not the best gm pvp build.

I have to say wind druid on both.

I'm not talking about the normal wind druid build, it's abit boring and not as flexible as my build. I've been experimenting with this new twist to wind druids for quite awhile now and I got to say it's fantastic.

I dare to say, that in couple months(if d2 continues to live after d3) all the good wind druids are gonna be like the one I have.

Let me know if you want to hear more.

13. theredpredator

Yes please (does it include Jalals mane?)
  14. theredpredator

I respeced my max blizzard sorc for a ES Orb sorc.

Death fanthom with facet
    2 sorc 20 fcr 2 sock (mana) Double Shael
    2/20 amulet
    Viper magi Shael
    Dual Soj
    Arach
    Frosties
    Some caster boots.
    3sock shield with block mod, Sur/Shael/Shael to get 9 frames fbr or even 8 frames with 3 shaels -.-

I had a blast with it. The gear I used was different tough then above, so had to improvise. But listed gear looks optimal i think.

110 fcr. 60 fhr on gear, 26 from charms
  15. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

o_O Sorcs don't have particularly slow block rates. A ___ "of deflection" would give you 6 frame blocking. 3 shaels in it would give you 4 frame blocking. One would give you 5 frame blocking.

16. theredpredator

I looked at the wrong table, you are right.
  17. fledgeling

fledgeling IncGamers Member

From my perspective: wind druid or bone necro - but I never played them that much.

Smiter kills everything apart from wind druid / hammerdin (you can kill hammerdins, you cant kill druids)
    FOHer is actually very decent in pub duels too if you get enough stack from 5@ charms.
  18. theredpredator

I wont play full FOH because I am a principal man. I dont like charging away from my targets with an auto aim attack.
  19. ambid

ambid IncGamers Member

Nope, no jalals mane :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX2hN2uyBnc&feature=youtu.be

Picture (video in this case) tells more than thousand words. It's basicly a normal wind druid, but with 1 pt in bear and shockwave, allowing you to apply whirlys vs. chars like es sorcs, necromancers and other druids. It also adds more depth to druid game play, compared to the normal "tele-nado-tele" wind druid style.

Whirly is extremely effective tool for druids, leaving opponent with almost no chances to escape, specially when paired with volcano.

If you want more info about the druid, item choices etc. let me know and ill post the full stats.

20. theredpredator

PIDGEOT!!!!!!!

-.-

We want guide! We want guide! We want guide!