Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New Diablo Townkill PK exploit

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Hound, Aug 20, 2013. | Replies: 8 | Views: 1362

1. Hound

Hound IncGamers News Service

Reports are surfacing of more pk's in Diablo 3 hardcore, and this time they've brought back town killing!As reported on the <a href="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9679138747">Diablo 3 forums</a>:

Basically after the bazaar is cleared there are no guards left to stop you from hoarding up monsters and inviting unsuspecting players to their doom. Sadly unlike the recent wave of pk's that require you to banner to them this one simply requires you to join the game and leaves no room for safety. As I never farm act 2 I was oblivious to this but i'm never surprised at what lengths people will go to ruin the game for others.

This continues a heavy pk influx in hardcore. It's still a small percent of the community but with people streaming the kills and boasting about it, it is encouraging copy cats. I was playing this evening and out of the several games I played tonight I entered into 2 pk trap games each with a different pk,both of which I had never seen before.The problem maybe small but in a small community it's effects are much more damaging.

Stay safe and hold off on act 2 key farming for a bit.

2. Thortok2000

Thortok2000 IncGamers Site Pal

Every time another one of these comes out, it makes me wonder what took so long for it to come out. It\'s like there\'s a whole list of them and they only do them one at a time so whenever it gets patched there\'s a backup.

It also makes me really wonder about the coding priorities of the developers. Diablo 2 had a strict \"monsters simply cannot enter\" invisible wall, if I remember correctly.

In Diablo 3, I think they took that invisible wall away because they wanted \"town to feel less like a safe place\" or something. Or so they could do things like in act 3 when a handful of monsters come up from the keep or something.

Well they got their wish. Town definitely feels less like a safe place. =/

What quest do you have to be on in order for there to be no guards in the bazaar AND you enter in the bazaar and not the hidden camp? Every game I\'ve ever joined you enter in the hidden camp.

3. Thortok2000

Thortok2000 IncGamers Site Pal

Found some additional details. Apparently if you\'re on the quest to kill Belial, you will join in the Bazaar and not in Hidden Camp.

The video that\'s being spread around (technically a livestream, but it\'s pre recorded and played on a loop) shows a public Brawling game at MP10. When you queue for Brawling you don\'t get to pick an MP level.

There\'s so many ways Blizzard could fix this (or could have prevented this). Sigh.

4. koko

koko IncGamers Site Pal

As someone pointed out, being invincible upon entering while you haven't moved or fired a spell would do it.

5. friedbananazzzz

friedbananazzzz IncGamers Member

PoE has a 20 second grace period of invincibility every time you enter an instance (map), including town, despite monsters not being able to enter town.

So blizz can\'t claim the technology doesn\'t exist :p

6. Lord_Vega

Lord_Vega IncGamers Site Pal

Damn, Flux.... all these reports of new PK methods, as well as the people complaining about PKíng on the official forum really freak me out to a point where I don´t really want to play public games anymore.

It´s a much better option when it comes to exp gaining, but I have already been PK´d once before, and I would hate for it to happen again.

Guess it´s sticking to soloing and playing with incgamers friends only for a while now.
    Wonder if that Scoundrel still remembers my name, seeing as I haven´t really used him for the last 2-3 months or so.

7. monitorman

monitorman IncGamers Site Pal

In every softcore public game I\'ve played, you usually appear in the bazaar.

I guess it make sense to choose the last quest, then all of the areas and waypoints are available.

But even in softcore, without PKing, it\'s annoying to have to portal twice to get into town.

8. Intolerance

Intolerance IncGamers Member

Griefers had their hand forced by the removal of the hostility button. I applaud their ingenuity!

9. The Great BoBaFeTT

The Great BoBaFeTT IncGamers Member

Thanks for warning. I will be more carefull from now on.

Signed,
    The Great BoBaFeTT