Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

New D2 wiz transfer to D3

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by Skinbo, Jun 19, 2013. | Replies: 3 | Views: 5252

1. Skinbo

Skinbo IncGamers Member

Hello everyone,

Just had a few ?'s if you could help in reference to changes from D2.

As a sorceress, you would focus on FCR and Skill Points to do the most damage.

In D3 I've found that weapon DPS (as well as INT) transfers to spell damage, this is okay and i guess I can get used to it (although I don't like the idea of using a sorc errr wiz with a 2 handed axe)

So now what to focus on when looking for gear? I've noticed that many posts say to go for Crit% Crit chance and INT, but how the hell to I make my Wiz feel less "tanky"?

Only in nightmare so far, and i think I'm at only about 1400 dps. I can just walk into a crowd and spam, but I liked the true glass cannon feel in D2. I miss being able to wipe the screen with a few spells while dodging attacks.

Please tell me it gets better in Hell?
  2. Flamme

Flamme IncGamers Member

How can you see your DPS? I can see the amount of dmg to mobs, but not my total dps.
  3. Sean25

Sean25 IncGamers Member

Send me a PM with you ingame name, I will give you some starting cash and answer any questions.
  4. Speedster

Speedster IncGamers Member

Normal and nightmare are just practice. The best skills and gear are in Inferno. I'm currently at 267,000 dps, without using the real money auction house, so you have room for improvement. Unlike D2 you can experiment and learn many skills/runes, and nightmare is a good place to take advantage of that.

I played sorceresseses almost exclusively in D2. D3 is more complicated, but once you learn it works well.