Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

new D2 player looking for hammerdin help

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by bemischamp, May 7, 2012. | Replies: 3 | Views: 2190

1. bemischamp

bemischamp IncGamers Member

Hey everyone. I know this may be a strange time to ask for paladin help sine D3 is a little more than a week away, but I have never played any of the Diablo games before and wanted to so I could have more of an understanding and appreciation for D3. I have beat Diablo 1 and have a level 18 Paladin in D2. From what I understand, hammerdin is a good leveling build but I have a question. I am having trouble finding a hammerdin guide for the 1.13 version of the game and there is one think about the build that confuses me. I get that putting points in some skills provides synergy with others, and that putting points in conc, BA and vigor all increase the damage of BH. But...do I have to have the respective aura active to get the bonuses, or are the bonuses applied passively? If I could get this question answered and perhaps be directed to an up to date hammerdin guide I would appreciate it greatly.
  2. Krupa

Krupa IncGamers Member

:welcome:

there hasn´t been much of a change in the latest patches regarding hdins.
    only thing is the removal of bypassing magic immunity. instead of maxing holy shield and putting the remaining points into defiance, sink them (except a few into holy shield to have decent duration and +%block) in holy bolt and fire them at the 2nd wave of baals minions in hell. except for those (and very few other occurrences) everything staid the same)

a synergy is passive and only needs to be skilled. concentration on the other hand enhances the damage only when it is active.
  3. bemischamp

bemischamp IncGamers Member

Thanks for the response. I am now trying to get used to aiming the hammer, but when it does hit and against a lot of enemies it is pretty great. On a side note, D2 is pretty damn fun, I should have tried it out much sooner but playing D1 and D2 has made me much more excited for D3.

4. Volren

Volren IncGamers Member

This topic gave me some nice tips on hammer aiming when I was starting out:
    http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=35734

It takes practice and there will always be that annoying monster who insists on lurking in your blind spots. Moving a lot instead of falling into the habit of standing and waiting all the time will help with that.