Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need Help With Amazon Build

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Chaos Eater, Feb 20, 2013. | Replies: 11 | Views: 2397

1. Chaos Eater

Chaos Eater IncGamers Member

Hi there diablo fans . I got kinda confused looking for some help . I just started playing diablo 2 again after a very long time and i don't seem to remember anything but the basics . I usually play as other classes but this time i started off as an amazon . I am currently lvl 11 almost half way through ACT 1 in normal . The problem is my stash is getting filled up with all sort of item drops like chipped skulls , ruby , sapphires , 1 or 2 runes and stuff which is all but messing up my progression as i am unable to determine which of these items are pivotal for crafting items for my amazon and which are unnecessary . I looked up on the net for some builds but couldn't find anything referring about important items necessary for crafting gear
    later in the game . Any help regarding building up my bow amazon will be most valued ! :smug:
  2. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

The crafting mechanism isnt too important in d2. I wouldnt worry about it. If you must, you can always make a passworded game, stay in the game for 5 minutes minimum, then drop all the items you are saving, log out, switch to a level 1, and pick them up. This is called "muling.". Games are instantly erased unless they are up for 5 minutes. Use the /time command when you first make the game to see what time it is, and use it again after waiting a bit to see if its been 5 minutes. You can just use the 5 minutes to progress a bit and maybe make a level.
  3. Ladvarian

Ladvarian IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums. A while in Act II you will get an item called the the Horadric Cube. It will allow you to upgrade the gems and runes to help free up space if you wish to keep them. Crafting is mostly used for the rings and amulets. Amulets mostly high level for the +2 To All Skills which you need to be a very high level for. You will find plenty of gems later in the game and you can trade for them as well.

I hope we can safely assume you are playing on b.net. If so and you want to keep more than you can hold you are going to have to do what Fizoo suggested. However if you are playing Single Player then you might want to check out the sticky thread in the SPForum liked below. In the sticky are extended stash programs, ATMA and GoMule, that only work in SP.

Here is a good site for info about D2:
    Arreat Summit

There is also this site's wiki

SP sticky:
    ATMA/GoMule sticky
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  4. Chaos Eater

Fizoo and Ladvarian - thanks for the feedback guys . I am playing single player . My internet connection is not that great . I tried on battle.net but it kinda lags and got impossible to carry on. I will put those links to good use . Many Thanks :thumbup:
  5. Chaos Eater

Btw what are the most notable differences between ATMA and GoMule ? Which one would you suggest ?
  6. Ladvarian

ATMA has been around a lot longer than GoMule has and thus shows its age a little. It is backwards compatible with just about every patch, should you choose to play them. GoMule is java based instead of C++ like ATMA. It also has more features like a built-in search and sort. You can also drag and drop multiple items where ATMA you have to do it one at a time like in the game. If you are okay with java being installed, or have a mac, then I'd go with GoMule. Do note though, GoMule is 1.10+ LOD expansion only. If you decide to play anything earlier for the items in older patches please use ATMA for those patches and save yourself some headaches. They are compatible with each other though.

If you need help installing them or finding your saves, you can either post here or in the sticky. I watch both. Note that if you come to the SPForum please read the SPF Rules carefully. Thyiad our mod is very strict, but that is not to say we do not have fun. Any questions about the rules should be directed her way in a Private Message, PM. I can try to help, but she is the final say.
  7. Chaos Eater

@ Ladvarian I just started stashing my items using GoMule . Its easy . And i went through the rules thread as well . One thing that worries me though, is the constant use of shortforms in the every post . I don't understand a single one of those !
  8. Ladvarian

Are you referring to the rules thread or some other thread? In some of the rules listed there is an expanded description in the linked name. Which rules if any are you having a hard time understanding? I would hate to tell you something and not have it correct so please PM Thyiad if you can and e-mail her if you cannot or would prefer. I promise she will not bite as long as you do not try to argue the rules with her. The rules are there to attempt a clean and thriving trade pool of both items and ideas. The key to trading with someone in the SPF is trust there is no third person that stores our saves for us to keep us honest. I welcome you to the SPF and hope you join. You can also start by posting an intro thread there though it is not required.
  9. Chaos Eater

Not the rules really but the diablo 2 related abbreviations like say "MP" for Mana Potion or "HP" for health point . And similar ones in their posts . I will make my switch to SPF from now . :yes:
  10. Ladvarian

11. Chaos Eater

holy cow level . thats one mega list of abbreviations :punk:
  12. royalairfarce

royalairfarce IncGamers Member

Well D2 isn't a game, it's a way of life;)