Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need help on my wizard build/farm

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by DayDream, May 21, 2012. | Replies: 8 | Views: 2414

1. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Hey, I'm a level 54 wizard in hell act 1. I find it things a little too strong. I don't know whether it's my items or skills but I am having trouble killing elite mobs solo.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/832/d3currentmf.png/

If you can't see the stats on items, please ask.
    MF84
    Str 90
    Dext 112
    Int 776
    Vit 483

Armor 905
    Damage 1845
    Life 17476

I pretty much have no resistance.
    I've been going quite the different build
    http://diablonut.incgamers.com/planner/55320
    to...
    http://diablonut.incgamers.com/planner/55322

I'm not too sure where to go with these items and where to farm.
    I've been doing Act 3 Nightmare Azmodan-> act 4 Raz (Library of hope)

My unique staff has an extremely slow attack speed and unfortunately I haven't been lucky to find anything close to its damage/intel.

So, what do I do? I do have non mf gear, just pants, and rings. Do I sacrifice the mf back to my damage/intel rings?

2. cantwaitfordiablo

cantwaitfordiablo IncGamers Member

hi, i a fellow wizard. i was 54 about two days ago now i'm cap.

your skill choice looks kind of funky, what i found is that you need escape and cc spells usually 2 or 3 with 1 or 2 damage dealers, 1 single target and the other is aoe.

try something like this.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#lZXOSP!fWX!bbaYZZ

use the blizzard to slow to help kite them, when things start hitting go and mirror image and drop down blizzard, and dps the lowest life with ray of frost. if one of them is close to dying and mirror is gone you can diamond skin to finish him then reapply slow and continue kiting , you can pretty much chain mirror and diamon skin so you can sit still for a few sec and free cast on them.

you can replace the magic weapon with hydra/ teleport / frost nova in the rigth situation also.

i would get rid of all your magic find gear imo, get vitality and int gear, the reason for this is because you dont really need to be worry about magic find while your almost at 60. hit 60 1st then you can start worrying about magic find or gold find percent. for your helm slot i would take of the magic find jewel and put in a amethyst jewel, the 10% jewel at least. this will give you a nice boost in hp. also i would up grade your weapon 1st, at your level i had a 220 dps weapon that some one sold for 70k so i got lucky, but try to browse ah or go in public games and find some tanky class so you can sit back and free cast.

good luck

3. ElementEight

ElementEight IncGamers Member

You can easily get a 500~DPS for less than 100k as of right now. Do it !
  4. magicrectangle

magicrectangle IncGamers Member

With a level 54 requirement? I don't think so. You'll be looking at ~300 max on a 1h, or ~400 max on a 2h.

All the same, I do agree that his damage is low, and that's probably the main issue.

5. DigitalisXIV

DigitalisXIV IncGamers Member

1800 dps seems pretty low at level 54. If you have the cash, farm vendors in New Tristram for blue upgrades(enter game, browse vendors, leave game to force an inventory refresh and repeat). You can easily push your dps to 2500-3000+ while keeping your health in the 16k-17k range. Look for items that are level requirement 50 or higher.

I had around 2700 dps(without familiar/magic weapon) and 15k health when I started hell at level 51 for reference.
  6. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Thanks for the response

I see ray of frost at 0 arcane but 12 arcane in game?

I switched out my mf crap for real gear. I'm at 5.6k damage/17k hp atm. I should only worry about mf at 60?

Edit: If I buff myself with force weapon/energy shield. I'm at 7.4k dmg

7. magicrectangle

Yeah don't worry about MF yet. Any gear you MF in Hell will be mostly obsolete in Inferno anyway. Just rely on whatever drops, or fill in holes from the AH if you're that sort. Stacking MF at the expense of damage is counterproductive, better gear will open up to you faster by advancing through the game (which you can't do without damage).

8. ElementEight

ElementEight IncGamers Member

I got an awesome 550 DPS one hander with a level 52 req. It's got a -8 levels mod ;)

9. magicrectangle

A high damage weapon with a -levels mod is going to cost you way more than 100k, unless the seller is clueless (in which case it will get snapped up quick by somebody who knows what they're doing and re-listed for 500k).