Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need charsi imbue service. Please read...

Discussion in 'Europe Standard - Ladder' started by PatBateman, Jul 11, 2013. | Replies: 45 | Views: 4833

1. PatBateman

PatBateman IncGamers Member

Another strange need of mine...

I am looking for full accounts of lvl 8 characters who have completed certain quests in Normal without reaping their rewards.

I offer 1 HR per account for option A.
    I offer 2 HRs per account for option B.

Criteria option A:
    1 account (8 characters).
    All 8 characters must:
    *Be char level 8 BARBARIANS
    *Have completed 'tools of the trade' quest to the point of being granted an imbue
    *Have NOT used the imbue :)
    That is all.

Criteria option B:
    1 account (8 characters).
    All 8 characters must:
    *Be char level 8 BARBARIANS
    *Have completed 'tools of the trade' quest to the point of being granted an imbue
    *Have NOT used the imbue :)
    *Have been rushed to Act 5
    *Have completed 'siege on Horragath' quest to the point of being granted a socket
    *Have not used the socket :)
    *Have completed 'prison of ice' quest to the point of being granted a gift from Anya
    *Have not accepted the gift :)

Go forth and make wealth!!

Cheers,

PB
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  2. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

PM mackscynox or Liadrin, they have both offered socket rushing. Maybe they are willing to do this? :)
  3. Tigro

Tigro IncGamers Member

I can provide you this service
  4. PatBateman

Fantastic :)

Archone - thanks for the tip!
  5. Tigro

Tigro IncGamers Member

Rush done! Account details sent :)

If anybody else needed Charsi 8 character rush, say here, price is Hr again.
  6. PatBateman

Thank you, Tigro. I will need it again (and again and again) for the foreseeable future!

Cheers,

Pat
  7. ForumLurker

ForumLurker IncGamers Member

Pat,do you mind sharing what you are imbuing? I don't use my imbues at all,as I'm never sure what to do with them! :)
  8. PatBateman

No problem. I am imbuing Fanged Helms to try and get something for my lvl 9 bash barb (all he needs now is a helm). Imbues have a higher chance to get +3 staffmod skills, apparently. They add +ilvl (of the item being imbued) to the RND 0-99 roll to decide on +1, +2 or +3 skills (if they get any at all). The higher the ilvl the better, therefore. However, I'm looking for tier 1 staffmods (Shout, Bash, Mastery). So I'm not sure whether I should use Normal Act 1 found helms or try and use ones found in Hell. I'm not 100% certain of what I'm doing (I can't find any guidance on imbuing primal helms) but I'll see how I get on! I will keep all the imbued rares to report back on what mods I got.

AFAIK, imbued items come out as: ilvl = clvl + 4 and ilvl 12 items (char lvl 8) should get all <lvl 9 affixes, which is what I'm looking for.

Apparently the most profitable way to use imbues is to try for eth self repair claws and throwing spears (you must use eth items in the imbue and just hope for self-repair mod) for LLD or just use lvl 8 characters to imbue diadems (the quality lvl of the diadems means they always have a chance to spawn +2 skills - regardless of the low clvl).

Hope that helps!

BTW if I've gotten anything wrong or if anyone has anything to add, please chime in.

Cheers,

Pat
  9. ThomasJohnsen

ThomasJohnsen IncGamers Member

I'll look into the math, when I get a chance (off to visit a friend and may not get the time before tomorrow). You can hold on to your items, until that time, or look at the http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/...tem-Generation-Tutorial-for-Patch-1-11-(v1-0) (item-generation tutorial). Imbue is chapter 20 and affix selection is chapter 11. I doubt you will be able to spawn tier 1 staffmods while retaining the chance to get +2 all or +3 tree affixes though (if that's what you're after).
  10. ThomasJohnsen

From a quick glance at the numbers (didn't look at the actual armor.txt, but got the numbers from the wiki), this is what you get:

Code:
                                    clvl8   clvl14
                             min.   imbue   imbue
                      qlvl   alvl   alvl    alvl
    ==============================================
    Jawbone cap         4      2     10      16
    Fanged helm         8      4      8      14
    Horned helm        16      8      8      10
    Assault helmet     20     10     10      10
    Avenger guard      24     12     12      12

Jawbone visor      33     17     17      17
    Lion helm          38     19     19      19
    Rage mask          44     22     22      22
    Savage helmet      49     25     25      25
    Slayer guard       54     27     27      27

Carnage helm       60     30     30      30
    Fury visor         66     33     33      33
    Destroyer helm     73     47     47      47
    Conqueror crown    80     61     61      61
    Guardian crown     87     75     75      75

And the staffmod tiers are distributed as follows:

Code:
                  ti1   ti2   ti3   ti4   ti5
    =========================================
    ilvl  1 - 11  80%   20%
    ilvl 12 - 18  30%   50%   20%
    ilvl 19 - 24  10%   20%   50%   20%
    ilvl 25 - 36        10%   20%   50%   20%
    ilvl 37 - 99              10%   20%   70%
    Since you can never hit an ilvl below 12 with an imbue, you will have to settle for the 30% chance of tier 1 staffmods on ilvl 12-18 (corresponding to a character level 8-14 imbue). Thus if you want to maximize the chance of spawning alvl 9 or less affixes, you should imbue Jawbone caps or Assault helmets with a level 8 character or Horned helm or Assault helmet with a level 14 character.

Regards
    Tom

#EDIT: Note that a character of level 21 or above will never be able to get an imbued item with tier 1 staffmods.

#EDIT2: Oh and as you want as high an ilvl as possible, your best bet is ofc Horned helm/Assault helmet with level 14 character. This should yield roughly 3 times as high a chance for a +3 staffmod than usual (27 percent (clvl + 4 + 9) versus 9 percent).

#EDIT3: And it is ofc not the quality-level of a diadem that makes it able to spawn any affix - it is the magic-level, that only circlet type headgear has (alvl of a diadem is allways 99, and alvl of a tiara is >= 83).
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  11. PatBateman

Good work - thank you!!

I did some calculations of my own (correct me if I am wrong here):

"When an item is generated that has prefixes the alvl is calculated* from ilvl and qlvl as follows

If (ilvl>99) then {ilvl=99}
    if (qlvl>ilvl) then {ilvl=qlvl} ;
    if (magic_lvl>0) then {alvl=ilvl+magic_lvl}
    else
    {
    if (ilvl<(99-qlvl/2))
    then {alvl=ilvl-qlvl/2}
    else {alvl=2*ilvl-99}"

ALVL 12 is guaranteed to get lvl 9 mods or below. Alvl 12 opens up the 10-20 range of single resists (not that important to me). However, at alvl 10 you lose the upper resist mark but it puts you right on 1-2 sockets (mechanic's prefix). I think I'd rather cut out the Frost Shield suffix and the 4 resist prefixes to get a better shot at 2 sockets.

So if I want that alvl 10, then: 10 = (ilvl) - qlvl/2
    Since it's Fanged Helms I'm looking at (highest defense available at lvl 9), with a quality level of 8, we get: 10 = (ilvl) - 4 so the ideal ilvl is therefore 14.
    Areas of level 14 are as follows:
    *Rocky Waste
    *Sewers lvl 3
    *Claw Viper Temple
    *Arcane Sanctuary
    Which is quite handy because I already run act 2 for lvl 9 jewels.

I looked at the Horned Helms, as you suggested, but they appear to have a lvl requirement of 12.

Cheers,

Pat
  12. ThomasJohnsen

I think you're going about this backwards. Assume you find an item in hell with an ilvl of 83. If you imbue that item with a character of level 13, the ilvl of said item will be set to 17 (from my understanding of the description in the item-generation tut. at least). Thus the ilvl of the item when you find it is irrelevant.
    Second - the formula you state for calculating the alvl is the one I used to generate the numbers in the table of my previous post.

And the fact that a horned helm has a level requirement of 12 is irrelevant - level-requirement is a seperate field and isn't used in calculations of alvl - only item-level (ilvl) and quality-level (qlvl) are used (and ofc magic-level for circlet type headgear).

Regards
    Tom

#EDIT: Oh and now there's only an hour until I have to go to work - must leave computer :)
  13. PatBateman

Okay, that makes sense based on the ilvl = clvl + 4 Charsi description but I thought it wasn't as simple as that? I'm not complaining - I like simplicity.

If the ilvl is derived from the clvl + 4 then I would want a lvl 10 character for Fanged Helms (10 = (10+4) - (8/2))?

But with the Horned Helms... Arreat Summit is telling me that a Horned Helm has a level requirement of 12 (and Assault Helment has 15). Every Horned Helm I have ever found has been restricted to character level 12 or above. Are you telling me that if I imbue one, in the fashion you explain above, it will reset this value and allow a level 9 character to equip it? That's something I definitely didn't know!
  14. ThomasJohnsen

Yes.

I didn't say that. I just said that level requirement is irrelevant when calculating alvl. I missed the fact that your level 9 barb had to be able to equip the item. I was merely focusing on getting the highest chance for tier 1 staffmods and alvl <= 9 affixes.
    To my knowledge there is no way around the level requirements, so you are forced to use clvl 8 chars to imbue Jawbone caps or clvl 10 chars to imbue Fanged helmets (of which the latter ofc is prefereable since it has the highest chance of spawning +3 staffmods). The good news is, that you can make a thread requesting white Fanged helmets (since the ilvl dosen't matter). This should speed up the process significantly.
  15. PatBateman

Thank you! That will make things a lot easier. Will report back on results of imbues in case anyone is interested.

Cheers,

PB
  16. j0zsef

j0zsef IncGamers Member

Oh, we are.
  17. PatBateman

Still in need of this service!!

Currently at 53 rolls. Nothing useable thus far but 2 came close! NO 'bash' staffmod at all as yet so it looks like the best I can hope for is +3 mastery / +3 shout / 2 open sockets / 10% FHR / any extras. Self repair spawns a lot but I daren't risk ethereal helms in case it doesn't on the one that counts! Will report back in full once I have rolled at least 200.

Pat
  18. Sir Enigma

Sir Enigma IncGamers Member

I am working on one of type 2 - will contact you when it's done!
  19. PatBateman

Fantastic! Option B is my preferred choice! :)
  20. ThomasJohnsen

We want screenshots!!! :girly:

I so love projects like this - I have tried a couple myself both with imbues (though nowhere near this count) and rolling with skulls; primarily shrunken heads. I remember using an entire account of skulls without a single noteworthy result, and eventually ran out of patience.