Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need advice with a build for easier act2 farming (and first steps toward act3)

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by neFAST, Jul 28, 2012. | Replies: 5 | Views: 802

1. neFAST

neFAST IncGamers Member

Need advice with gear for easier act2 farming (and first steps toward act3)

Dear fellow wizards, I'm currently farming act1 with one hand and act2 without much difficulty (with a bit of kitting and using a shield if I'm not in a solid group). I think that I'm at a step where my gear is quite homogenous: none sucks but none rocks either.
    The problem is I don't know which piece I gear I should upgrade first. I feel like all I find interesting from the AH is priced at 2-5MG which is something I can't afford unless the upgrade is really worth it.
    Also I don't know which stat I should focus on, life per hit? DCC?

Here are my stats (with source and buffed):

• Intel: 1900
    • Vita : 694
    • Armor: 4522
    • @res : 700
    • crit chance: 15%
    • crit damage : 84%
    • HP : 40k
    • DPS: 31k
    • Att per sec: 1.65
    • life steal: 2.90%
    • life per hit: 0
    • life per sec: 493

I'm currently playing a hydra/orb build but I could change it in the future since it may be not optimal at all.
    And here is my stuff: So what do you guys think I should change first? I have about 6 million Gold to spend.
    Thanks a lot for your help!
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  2. magicrectangle

magicrectangle IncGamers Member

So is the question about spec or gear? Gear wise, belt seems like a good piece to look at upgrading. It has good int/vit, but it doesn't have res all, bonus armor, hp/s, mf, or anything else good.

Are you hardcore or softcore? If softcore, a source instead of a shield would up your damage a lot. Your shield isn't even that great. It has good block% but no res all or crit.

Build wise, your crit is low so crit mass is off the table. You say you're looking at going into a3. What's the hangup? If the hangup is that you're dying a lot, may I suggest the holy trinity of wizard defense: illusionist+duplicates+wormhole. You poop out duplicates every time you get hit, basically, and you wormhole away whenever there's ground poop, or walls, or you just don't like the way somebody is looking at you.
  3. neFAST

neFAST IncGamers Member

Re: Need advice with gear for easier act2 farming (and first steps toward act3)

Thanks for your answer.
    My question is about gear. I will definitely try illusionist/duplicates but I think I feel like upgrading would help too!

The given stats are with my source (which is in the screenshot) not with my shield (which is lame but has maximum block %age and is a self loot!). I have another belt with @res but lower int/vit.
  4. magicrectangle

Der, it was right next to the shield in the picture, lol.

Anyway, your stats are more than fine for a3.
  5. neFAST

neFAST IncGamers Member

Shouldn't I aim for more regen?
  6. magicrectangle

More hp/s is certainly nice for any kite build, but 500 is enough. Getting up to 700-800 makes you feel a bit more resilient, but I certainly wouldn't put off entering a3 just because of that.