Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need advice on weaponry

Discussion in 'Monk' started by pulli, Nov 17, 2012. | Replies: 4 | Views: 2426

1. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

Hello I have currently 3 "similar" weapons and have a LOT of trouble choosing between those 3. For reference my monk build can be found here. I do not like running sweeping wind, so all my dps comes from thunderclap.

Anyways, my 3 items are:
    [​IMG]
    I'm currently using echoing fury + sky splitter; mainly for the cc & the massive life regen.

However I do like the won khim lau as it adds that 25% bonus damage to thunderclap. (so if I'm correct the dps listed in my character sheet simply gets +25%, meaning that wonkhimlau has the most raw damage)? Can someone else help, which 2 of those 3 weapons you would wield? (and on a side note, how much should I ask for the 3rd weapon?)
  2. InsaneAction

InsaneAction IncGamers Member

The way the +5% lighting damage goes is if your weapon damage is "black" (no elemental damage, like your Sky Splitter has + Holy Damage and your Echoing Fury just has +Damage) then it get's the boost of +5% lighting damage. The "lighting skills deal 25% more damage" goes for your SW...

All in all the WKL has more "raw damage" so to speak but the Sky Splitter does have the higher survivability...
  3. Dogbert

Dogbert IncGamers Member

I wouldn't use any of those three. A good rare with loh/life steal, dex and a socket or crit damage will outperform them all.
    If a rare is no option for you i would use won khim lau and sky splitter.

Unfortunately none of these weapons are worth much or anything. They lack all good weapon mods needed to make a good weapon.

Crit damage.
    Socket.
    Life on hit.
    Life steal.
    Dex.
  4. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

Crit damage does very little to increase my overal dps (5% crit chance, so even a socket filling with 100% crit dmg run will only give 5% more dps). And I really prefer going attack speed instead of crit % on things like rings/gloves. Getting both (while also getting good armour, dex, all res, phys res & vit) is still out of my budget (around 1M a piece).

Is there some calculator so I can actually see what my gear would do? I can't seem to find any information on the smite damage, as well as the %lightning skill dmg of the wkl is ignored in the calculators?
  5. InsaneAction

InsaneAction IncGamers Member

If you increase your CC you're overall DPS will sky rocket. I can't believe you're not trying to get CC on items. You'll have a hard time breaking 30K DPS without CC and CD...