Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need advice about runes.

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Hordeon, Apr 24, 2012. | Replies: 9 | Views: 1245

1. Hordeon

Hordeon IncGamers Member

Need advice about runes.

Hi, im new here in D2 (I like classing gaming, my PC is superb btw P.S. I feel like old games are way better than "new ones").
    So i have craploads of runes, now I'm in NM with fishymancer, struggling with runes. Act 4. I really feel, that my equipment needs to be kinda better at this stage of the game, i've really crappy equipment compared to what other people have at that point of the game.

Runes:
    4SOL; 2DOL; 1TAL; 3THUL, 2AMN; 2TIR; NEF; 3ETH; 2SHAEL; ITH; 3RAL; 2ELD.

I seriously dunnoh what to do! So confused right now, btw my chest is full, so i kinda need space!
    Plz, need advice.
  2. wrxwagon

wrxwagon IncGamers Member

Re: Need advice about runes.

I typically only hold one of each rune, and that usually on a mule. You really haven't given us a bunch to go on like what your level is or what you are trying to accomplish. Suggest you stay in NM til you are around level 75, and the runes you have right now, aren't going to make any high level rune words that would be useful to a level 75 character, unless maybe you are in hardcore. Check out Lore, Spirit and Insight and see if you think any of those would be useful. Another option is to cube up some of those runes to higher ones. Keep in mind ladder is resetting soon so you are about to become a non ladder character. Insight and Spirit could have some value on non-ladder.
  3. Hordeon

Hordeon IncGamers Member

I'm lvl 53 right now.
    Yeah, i know only single runeword ever, and that is SPIRIT. I will try to get ORT rune and 4socket shield before ladder ends :|

4. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

He asked what to do with those runes!

Check the "Arreat Summit" site. They have pages with runewords!

There are a couple of runewords you can use to you benefit from lvl 29 and on. Like gloom, spirit, insight etc..

Do you play ladder? Europe? Or singelplayer?

Peace
  5. Hordeon

Hordeon IncGamers Member

Thx for reply, unfortunately im playing on ladder which is going to reset very soon. And i miss ORT rune for spirit :(
    I kinda play bnet in private all the time :D very rarely i play with people online, cuz those adds are annoying

6. FredOfErik

FredOfErik IncGamers Member

Insight (ral+tir+tal+sol) in a polearm for your merc. Gives great dmg and the meditation aura which provides you with uber fast mana regen. If you can, find a exceptional or elite polearm to put it in.

Rhyme (shael+eth) in a shield. One of my absolute favourite runewords. Nice block, "cannot be frozen", MF, resistances. You can put it in a high block shield like grim shield or whatevs if you are going max block. If you don't go for max block (which I personally wouldn't do with a fishy) you should aim for a 2os necro head with some nice staffmods (+RS, SM, CE etc. or +decrep or another curse which would allow you to save points on the prereqs for this).

Lore (Ort+Sol) in a helm. +1 all skills, Lres, mana.
  7. Hordeon

Hordeon IncGamers Member

Great advice, thanks :)

8. wrxwagon

wrxwagon IncGamers Member

Ah yes Rhyme one of my personal favorites. Leaf is pretty good too if you are a new fire sorc, although don't think it helps a necro much.

9. fudoshin

fudoshin IncGamers Member

heh, rhyme is also my favourite rw! :wink: i just want to remind that necro should make it into theese heads and other necro only "scary shields" :thumbup:
  10. Willdude

Willdude IncGamers Member

I am new to Rune Words. I have a 4 socket military pick, but can't find a rune word for 4 socket weapons. I need help.