Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Need a build for a poor new DH

Discussion in 'Demon Hunter' started by smilts, Dec 11, 2012. | Replies: 15 | Views: 4186

1. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

By poor I mean I dont have much gold at this point. Ive read the multi shot farming guide front to back a few times. Everything needed to make it work is out of my price range. Ive been a given a few decent items but below low end for there class. For instance a Manticore but when I compair it to similar items its very low end ( the lowest one listed is better in fact). I'm just looking for a place to farm and some poor man's gear suggestions to get me some gold.. I think with current gear I have around 34k life and 36k DPS. I'll come back and link my gear when blizz site is back up, if that will help? current setup
  2. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

Not especially my forte, but I would say, don't sweat it. Running A1 Inferno is a great place to start, and is how I was able to gear my Monk to the point where he not only solo'd A2, but went on to complete A4, and this is accumulating budget amounts (300K ish).

Strangely enough, I also was at my farthest with DH only. I got myself to the Butcher, and farmed him constantly. The gear drops were mediocre, but getting enough to buy gear was the key. You're already at 50% more DPS and life I had, so it'll hopefully go better for you.

If your skills are comfortable and work for you, by all means use them until farming for Butcher. Vs him, I'd suggest Sentry and Cluster Arrow with a Bat Companion.
  3. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

Thats the problem, I do Hell fine for the most part. Cant seem to solo mp0 diablo and get crushed in the beggining of Inferno. I have 600k gold and some auctions going. But everything worth anything is millions.
  4. 0blique

0blique IncGamers Member

There are quite a few things you can upgrade for very cheap (below 100k/item maybe) on the auction house. If you don't have that gold yet, then it's time to do a bit of farming, in act 3 inferno ideally, but if you can't than either in Act 1 Inferno MP0 or in act 4 hell at the highest MP you can handle.

As far as builds go, some of the high end builds require expensive gear to work well and don't scale down well with a cheaper budget. Others are more simpler, including some of the older builds for 1.04 or 1.03, and so are easier to gear for, and are defensive enough to work with budget gear. This will require a bit of experimentation on your part to figure out what you like, but that's where the fun comes in.

From a quick glance, I can come up with a few comments:
    1. You need a hatred generator, because your DPS doesn't look high enough to get away without it. Hungering arrow or covering fire are good options to look at. Exchange one of your hatred spenders for it, because you don't need to spenders. Also, look at other options for hatred spenders to see if anything else is more effective.
    2. Only use emeralds in weapon sockets, past say, level 30. If you don't have enough crit chance to make emeralds better, you need more crit %
    3. You need more life sustaining stats, whether that be life on hit or life regen. Life steal will be nice when you get your dps up, and when you kill fast enough, you can solely rely on health globes.
    4. Get some movement speed gear when you can. It will help a lot in your farming.
  5. InsaneAction

InsaneAction IncGamers Member

I could use 500-600k and gear a DH that can clear Act1 Inferno...

Your build is all wrong, you're trying that WW Demon Hunter thing and that won't get you any where with your gear...

Use Hungering Arrow/Spray of Teeth or Cinder Arrow for your Main Attack/Hatred Gen.
    Add Elemental Arrow/Ball Lighting for your Hatred spender.

The other 4 should be Shadow Power/Gloom (counters reflect),
    SS/Displacement (get out of jail free card),
    Sentry/Guardian (used to kite around) or Caltrops/Hooked Spines-Torturous Ground-Carved Stakes (your choice of rune),
    and a Companion (Bat or Pig)

For passives change out Vengeance with Steady Aim

Learn to "studder-step"/kite with Hungering Arrow and Ball Lighting and you'll be fine...

^that is the build I've used from NM till now. It worked with little to no DPS and with a ridiculous amount of DPS.

==========================================

Also I'm not sure if this is a troll or not... You have one of your lowest Emeralds in your weapon...

Belt/Chest Armor/Gloves/Rings/Helm

Those pieces of gear need to be changed... Like ASAP, you'll see a big improvement from changing them out:

You can get a cheep belt with 100+ Dex and some Vit.

same with a cheep pair of gloves with 90-100 Dex and like 5% Crit Chance and 25-30% Crit Damage

Chest piece with 3 sockets and base Dex and Vit is tooooo easy to get...

Look for some rings with like 3-4% Crit Chance and Dex. If you can find a ring with Crit Chance and Crit Damage good. Same with Crit Chance and Attack Speed. Getting a ring with all 3 (Crit Chance/Crit Damage/Attack Speed) is very pricey.

Lastly try to get a Helm with Dex/Vit/5-6% Crit Chance, a socket is nice but not overly needed.
  6. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

Ive found some armors for around 200k with around 150-170dex and 200+vit 3os. Is it going to hurt much to lose the hatred regen?
    the changes I made
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  7. Dethklok

Dethklok IncGamers Member

More discipline. I mean, I instruct people to get 2 legendaries just to get more discipline, you should at least have it on your rares. When it's not on a ring or an amulet, it's cheap! Also, more crit chance. You can sacrifice quite a bit of Dex to get the crit chance/crit damage train rolling. Again, rares will do the trick here. Make those changes immediately. I don't care if you forsake Multishot completely; a DH with low disc is a sad DH.

Inna's Pants as soon as you have a solid mil saved up. SoJ shortly thereafter; it's cheaper but less vital. Good Xephs are hard to shop for, a lot of overpriced options, so you need to really hunt for a bargain.
  8. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

So i just found a pair of Inna's Pants. Not sure what I'm looking for on them sorry for the questions?
  9. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

The Movement, attack speed, dex, crit, and 2 sockets. *angels begin singing* Whatever the mod is is just icing on the cake.
  10. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

Well I'm using them for those reasons my only concern was the loss of HP. They did improve my damage, And i'm wearing them I figure even a not great self found pair is pretty good. This is my current build and the upgrades I was able to make so far.
    Potestas. I have another 1.2 Mil put back should I change anything else with that to help me run faster or save up?
  11. mordath

mordath IncGamers Member

Try and get some crit chance on the bracers. Other than that a bit more +discipline on chest/quiver and maybe add crit hit damage on the rings. After that you can try to replace shoulders but it's still nice that you have +pickup on at least one item.
  12. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

Would something like strongarm bracers with knockback be good for a ball lightning build?
  13. Otarin

Otarin IncGamers Member

I use Strongarms on my DH, but don't count on the knockback really triggering often. I notice it so infrequently that I actually tend to forget that I have it, although my bracers are also a low % value for it. The proc rate for ball lightning is better than a lot of skills, but still not so fantastic that it can be relied upon primarily.
  14. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

That said, Strongarm Bracers are pretty good for the price, especially if you can get all res or a dex/vita combo mod on them.
  15. Otarin

Otarin IncGamers Member

Oh, absolutely. There's a reason I'm using them as well, namely that they're the best for the price when you're too cheap to invest in some lacuni's, and in some cases better than even those. My point is simply that the KB isn't exactly the Bracers' selling point.
  16. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

I think, Im going to save up for more crit chance and damage on a pair of rings. I have a Nats armor so not sure if its worth just replacing one ring and waiting untill I can get 3 piece nats or not? Also with Inna's pants should I get Inna's belt or just stick wtih the one I have? That being said I'm going to try and upgrade my Shoulders. What should I be looking for on shoulders? I see a lot of DH's wearing Vile Wards? I only have a mil to spend on them but the better and faster I run and the less I die and have to repair the faster gold is coming to me.