Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Necro user trying out Barbarian!

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Hordeon, Feb 3, 2013. | Replies: 5 | Views: 1479

1. Hordeon

Hordeon IncGamers Member

So I mastered Necromancer quite quickly, at my second playthrough I was able to solo all the bosses thru Normal to Hell without teleporting back even once! So I decided to try out other characters such as Barbarian, since I love being able to tank a lot of Hits while dealing physical damage like a truck!

So I decided to play a Dual Swing barb, with Battle Orders and etc. It's not the build that I'm here asking about, but about bossfights, and how to play Barbarian in general. My first bossfight vs Diablo was quite painful, I never TP'ed out, but I had to drink a lot a lot a lot of potions and back off a lot, Diablo's lightning almost one shots me, I always barely survive. As I said I follow the build so my skillpoint allocation is perfect, but what i really want to ask is
    what kind of gear to look for and how much resistances i have to have on barb (in Normal, Nightmare, Hell)

Also I wanna know if there are any great low-mid level runewords for barbarian, that might help me out to speed up the progress a bit.

Thanks!
  2. Ladvarian

Ladvarian IncGamers Member

As you are probably already aware of dual wielding sacrifices a shield so your resists are going to suffer. Your best bet to get your resists up without a shield is going to be charms. As for how much you are going to want to go at least 50% though the more the better up to 75% for Normal difficulty. For facing Act bosses choose two elements and go for as high as you can. Charms of life would not hurt either if you have the room.

Diablo's Pink Lightning also deals physical damage which is why it is almost deadly, especially at close range. I'm cannot remember exactly how fast he is at turning in the latest patches, but I remember closely circling him, staying just ahead of his lighting when finished I come back into melee range.

What are your stats like? Which guide are you following? Also what level are you? Good luck in Act V.
  3. Hordeon

Hordeon IncGamers Member

Level 27
    Act V

// Damage
    73-156
    71-141

// Stats
    Str 84 (Buffed)
    Dex 53 (Buffed)
    Vit 100
    En 10 (Base)

// Skills
    1 Bash,
    11 Double-Swing,
    1 Leap,
    1 Howl,
    1 Shout,
    1 Battle Orders,
    11 Sword Mastery,
    1 Increased Stamina,
    1 Increased Speed,
    2 Iron Skin,

// Resistances
    Fire: 36
    Cold: 8
    Lightning: 14
    Poison: 37

Also I have found some great amulets for my barb and paladin with my MF Fishymancer, but I don't know the safe way how to transfer items from one of my char to another? How can it be done without people support? I heard some people do that by themselves.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  4. royalairfarce

royalairfarce IncGamers Member

Transfer = create a game wait for at least 5 min and the game is saved. U can get out and in with another of your chars. Not 100% trustworthy though, and don't login and out, get in games in out fast or u get tempbanned.

Diablo normal is always painfull with mediocre gear, in Nightmare+Hell his lightning hose won't hit u @ close range.
    I leveled myself a Frenzy baba not long ago and still have quite some decent unique weapons if u fancy them give me a PM (a whole array of weapons from lvl5 to 72ish I think). Best are also indestructable since u loose durability quick.

Armor and Resi? as much as u can get your hands on.

good mid lvl weaponrunewords (got these stashed also):
    Lawbringer Phase blade - not much dmg but the undead are like cake with this
    Oath conquest sword (or any other Eth 1H sword)

In hell u need some Crushing blow on your gear or bosses will go down slow. Also decent amount of life leech ofc.

Oh and Howl is your best friend, big mobs with nasty aura runs at u, Howl a few times and u can kill off the monsters 1 by 1.

This post explains it good if u don't know it already:
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?842159-In-Depth-Freny-Guide-(PvM)
  5. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

I would go for frenzy instead of doubleswing when its available.

royalairfarce has nailed it though! :thumbup:

Peace
  6. Hordeon

Hordeon IncGamers Member

Thanks for replies :)
    I will go frenzy asap!