Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Necro names

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Grimes, Jul 28, 2005. | Replies: 69 | Views: 41291

1. Grimes

Grimes IncGamers Member

Necro names

hi all,necro names got any particular favorites?

i'll start:i have this big thing bout Grimes (my surname and proud) yes Grimes or "Grimey" as it seems to be in america as a nickname

i have my mules GrimesMule and GrimesMuleII and GrimesMF now im starting my new PvM chars im going with a sort of theem i was thinking

Grimes-KoU my Commandomancer Knight of Undead (what you think) im not sure
    then some other chars like Grimes-SoF my ww assassin im gonna make Shadow of Fury

what are your opinons on my necro name and other names you seen and what are your favorite necro names?

2. StewieGriff_XLT

StewieGriff_XLT IncGamers Member

my first necromancer i EVER made....

OMEGABONER_XLT

yes, all caps, and no, XLT isn't a clan, it just makes me sound large and in charge :lol:

Hooray for necromancers :thumbsup:

CJ :clap:

3. CommanderGarcia

CommanderGarcia IncGamers Member

I named my summoner Lim-Dul. After a card in Magic the gathering, thought it we be cool to have a Necro Lord type of name to it.

'Death's Advocate Aproaches'

4. Ravashack

Ravashack IncGamers Member

You'd have to really go old school for mine. Ravashack was the necromancer merc you could hire in Master of Magic, probably the greatest early strategic game ever and arguably still the greatest.

Nothing quite like conquering the world with an army composed of dark elves, trolls and humans

5. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Sweet name. That guy was one of my favorite heroes. Stardock has been trying to get the rights to do MOM 2 by the way. If they don't get the rights they still plan on doing "a turn based fantasy game." I can't believe that license has been neglected for so long. It's almost as shameful as X-Com.

6. Succexy

Succexy IncGamers Member

My summoners name is Re_cycle. Recycle was taken so i changed it up. I think it is oproperate since i am sort of recycling the corpse's. :D

7. Ravashack

Ravashack IncGamers Member

yeah I heard that a MoM 2 was in the works depending on how the sales of Master of Orion III went, not sure how they actually did go but evidently not well enough.

I'm really hoping for a MoM 2 or at least a re-release of MoM that I can run off Windows

8. newerest

newerest IncGamers Member

My necro's name is BestPaladinEver. (Seriously)

Also, my hammerdin's name is BestNecroEver.

I was rather surprised no one took them...

My old commandomancer's name was OMFG_HACKS

My new one is WTF_HACKS

9. dymi

dymi IncGamers Member

Skjell !!! and now please guess what does he do

10. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

c'mon guys - you know that every necro summoner has to be called Skeletor !!

11. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

My poison/summon : Darth Nova
    My bone/summon mfer : BonyMagicfinder
    My summoner : Darth Leoric
    I saw a cool necro with a name ISeeDeadPeople i think and GeneralRedPants sounds hilarious lol

12. ShadowBringer

ShadowBringer IncGamers Member

More than a name

Well, i use to play other RPG´s games, and on these games, more than a name, a Character must have a story. When you came up with it, the name is a natural result of that.

Why would you necro be a necro? Who teached it for him? Had he learned it by himself? What does he with his powers? Where did he come from? What would be his final goal? How had he listened about Diablo´s Return? Put him in the story!!!

Then, when you do that, assume his identify; when you are playing with him, you are no longer you, but you are him! Say things he would say, think like he would think, role your character!! It would be great if everybody plays like that; Diablo would be a real RPG. So, if you are in middle-ages, no talk about computers, cd´s, hackers tips, what i will do on my weekend and etc....you are a middle-age man, necromancer, with a story and a past and you are there to reach diablo´s defeat. You are a hero.

ShadowBringer has a very extense story, that someday, if you allow me, i would like to tell you. And he has a cursed life; his final goal would be the evil´s beating, but he senses that he is evil. And he will never get through himself; his battle against evil is just a mask to his own evil thoughts....he cares about other people, and protect them from other menaces....but he knoes that when he hits a monster, he would like to be with the monster instead, hitting and leadering the hell lackeys under his will. It´s a intimous fight. He is evil.....but he must not show it...not yet. And always, the problems and the hell monster are after him, it seems they seek him....Why?

That´s why a called him the shadowbringer....he brings the evil with him, and someday he knows, he WILL be the Evil.

13. tremak

tremak IncGamers Member

I just named mine Tremak. Sounded cool.

14. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

MOM III was done by a totally different developer. They may have wanted to do a MOM 2 but I doubt they'll get it now. Stardock did a game called Galactic Civilizations, which is the game all the MOO fans turned to when MOO III ended up being not very MOOish and kind of frustrating.

15. vendrox

vendrox IncGamers Member

I named mine Terathel, just sounds like a necro name. I'll just name the next one Ume for the instant coolness ^^

16. Knight Terror

Knight Terror IncGamers Member

I named mine Setan and Saito Tenshin after a character I used to write in an online storyverse. The necromancer resembles the character in many ways, including his use of the dark powers.

17. Naja

Naja IncGamers Member

I named mine Abdiel. It's Arabic for "lord of slavery," and I think that is very fitting, considering that he's a Skellimancer. :p

I always search for cool demonic names depending on my Neccie's specialization.

I once had a Daggermancer named Vepar, who in demonology is known to...carry a poisoned dagger to fester the wounds of his enemies with the blight of hell. <-- (That character's done away with: if anyone wants to steal that name, by all means be my guest!)

18. conansidekick

conansidekick IncGamers Member

i enjoy using names from the old evil dead, evil dead 2, and army of darkness movies. in army of darkness there's a whole skeleton army raised by an evil "clone" of the main character, ash. so usually my skelliemancers names are bad_ash or deadite (as the skellies are called) i think it's pretty fitting.

19. Naja

Naja IncGamers Member

Hahhh..."I've got a BONE to pick with you!" :D

I love Army of Darkness.

20. conansidekick

conansidekick IncGamers Member

I think it's pretty much a given that anyone that is or wants to be a necro should see or have seen army of darkness. in fact, i think they should re-release it so everyone can bask in it's awesomeness.