Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Necklace of Leah

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Volpula, Feb 28, 2012. | Replies: 37 | Views: 18050

1. Volpula

Volpula IncGamers Member

Necklace of Leah

Hi there,

While watching the opening cinematic for one more time, I realized that leah wears a necklace and I opened other cinematics immediately to see if she wears them on other videos too. And yes she has the necklace in every video from the very first announcement cinematic teaser to opening cinematic, so it is not something new. Here are some screenshots;

http://imageupload.org/en/file/190119/leah.jpg.html

http://imageupload.org/en/file/190126/leah2.jpg.html

http://imageupload.org/en/file/190129/leah3.jpg.html

I didn't make a big deal out of it until I saw the very same shape the necklace has on the Book of Cain's side and back cover;

http://imageupload.org/en/file/190112/diablo3-3.jpg.html

Also on this artowork, there is a sign that resembles to necklace shape( the shape over wizard's head) :

http://imageupload.org/en/file/190134/wiz-art-male-glowei1.jpg.html

So, I wanted to hear your opinions on this. Could her necklace be important lore-wise? Might it be a gift from Adria ? Eager to see you comments. Now I'm going to check beta if there is something that could be related with that shape
  2. Mage Slayer

Mage Slayer IncGamers Member

Re: Necklace of Leah

It's a Horadric symbol. She most likely got it from Cain.
  3. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

I think it is a heirloom of the Leoric family. It proves that Leah is in fact a princess and will one day become the ruler of Khanduras.
  4. Volpula

Volpula IncGamers Member

Hmm I thought Horadric Symbol was something like a triangle.

5. Mage Slayer

Mage Slayer IncGamers Member

They can have more than one. Given that Cain (last of the Horadrim) uses it on the cover of "his" book, as well as the wax seal and on the last page of the book proper and that it appears on the cover of the upcoming novel The Order (about Cain and the Horadrim), I'm not sure how else to interpret it.
  6. droppin

droppin IncGamers Member

Looking at the Book of Cain, the pics almost always refers to something in the paragraphs beside it. On page 145, they show the symbol right after a paragraph on Xiansai, but it's also right b4 Cain ends the book. Possibly some connection to adria being from Xiansai or another special trinket from Cain.

Cain did have a "special affinity" for Adria. Perhaps it's their version of a love band.
  7. droppin

droppin IncGamers Member

After doing some meditating on my personal "throne of judgement", I'm thinking the necklace might actually be the "Sightless Eye". In the Book of Cain (page 115), Cain talks about the eye as a window to see the future. In all the trailers she has the necklace on and she then has visions of a possible future. Cain says of Adria(page 104) "She was also very resourceful in collecting rare artifacts and arcana." I'm thinking Adria somehow got a hold of the Sightless Eye and gave it to Leah in Caldeum.
  8. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

9. Volpula

Volpula IncGamers Member

Yes you are right! And thanks for keeping topic alive. Leah also says "For I have seen what darkness hides" or something close to this in Diablo 3 reveal cinematic. That necklace enables her to see the future obviously.

10. Volpula

Volpula IncGamers Member

Also this will explain how Adria foreseen the Tristram overrun by demon spawn and left Tristram I think, If necklace is a gift from Adria.
  11. droppin

droppin IncGamers Member

Just read the synopsis to The Order on amazon. Yes it shows the necklace on the cover and it talks of the Horadrim, but with one very interesting distinction. "Leah, an eight-year-old girl feared by many to carry a diabolical curse. What is her secret? How is it tied to the prophesied End of Days?" Looks like even though it talks about Cain and the Horadrim, it might open the door to Leah being a seer. Look at it on the cover too. Looks like an eye :wink2:
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  12. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

Diablolical curse? Sounds like a not too subtle hint that Leah will become Diablo :scratchchin:

13. Volpula

Volpula IncGamers Member

I really wonder the story behind this necklace. I doubt Adria would have given such a powerfull thing to anyone else as she was someone who was onto, up to something and chasing arcane and dark magic. She wouldn't risk losing it I guess. And If that necklace belongs to her originally, that would make her one of the Horadrim which is really unlikely. The other option is Cain, maybe he gave it to Leah without knowing its specialities
  14. droppin

droppin IncGamers Member

According to the Book of Cain, the amazons on Skovos had the necklace, the Sisters of the Sightless Eye took it, and sometime later it was "lost". I'm thinking Adria got it from a Rogue in D1 or earlier. She then saw a future with Leah (LOTR style, like Arwen), got impregnated, went back to Caldeum to raise her in the magics and knowledge from the library at Caldeum, saw she was gonna die, then gave it to Leah as a keepsake. Unbeknownst to Cain (Cain still thinks it's missing) and Leah that it's actually the Sightless Eye.

In the BoC, they talk about mages from Caldeum searching Xian for prodigies. I'm thinking they brought a young Adria, trained her, and that's why she goes back to Caldeum to raise Leah.

15. droppin

droppin IncGamers Member

Although this might prove troublesome if she's supposed to be Diablo...the Sightless Eye is technically blind i guess...maybe she isn't the female who's becoming Diablo?

Omg I can't edit my posts >.<

As to the above question, Lycander and Philios (a nephalem), used the Sightless Eye to communicate between Heaven and Sanctuary. Only humans have been shown to see the future through it. this could be why Itherael has trouble seeing the future of humans. He no longer has the Sightless Eye in his bag of artifacts.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  16. Volpula

Volpula IncGamers Member

wow droppin, you illimunated me really:) This is really making sense. And a part in me didn't believe that leah will be corrupted ever since rumors got around on internet. It must be someone else. may 15th will answer this necklaces function I hope.

17. droppin

droppin IncGamers Member

Thnx :D I do what I can. Blizz could easily pull a fast one with Leah. EVERYONE thinks she will be corrupted, but they could easily say BAM SUCKA it was _____ the whole time muahhahahahah.
  18. marshmallow

marshmallow IncGamers Member

Leah isn't corrupted per se. She's Diablo daughter.
  19. droppin

droppin IncGamers Member

Not really, he was Aidan at the time. He was human born and only infected with Diablo's essence. Essentially he also infected Leah which means she could become fully infected or just lay dormant (like an STD a mother could pass to a child).
    :spy:
    If Blizzard plot twists what everyone thinks, I believe it's Lilith+Diablo that everyone is seeing. In the BoC page 66+67, it says, "She morphed into a far more horrific form than any had ever seen-of tooth and claw, of spike and blade- and hunted down her fellow renegades." This was during the purge of the nephalem before Uldyssian and Tyrael meet. Look at the pic on page 66, totally looks like female diablo. Blizz will probably bring Baal and Mephisto back in the expansions and have us kill Tathamet or something.:scratchchin:

20. marshmallow

marshmallow IncGamers Member

Speculation about what being possessed by a demon lord does to the Punnett square aside, this is a Blizzard game. They looooooooove the dark woman concept. Leah is totally Diablo's daughter. A bit of corruption around the edges is boring and too subtle for this series. It's all there in the BoC what with Cain's dream and Leah's freaky childhood. I'm sure at some point in D3 she'll use some crazy demonic powers, along with her Horadrim lessons from Cain, to save the day.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012