Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

nearly invulnerable paladin

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Grim9, Jan 20, 2006. | Replies: 8 | Views: 995

1. Grim9

Grim9 IncGamers Member

nearly invulnerable paladin

Imagine you were a wealthy player, thinking of how best to build a paladin who is as close as possible to immunity against both elemental and physical attacks.Check out this set up:

Perfect CoA ber ber 31%dr
    upp'dShaftstop vex 30%dr , +5%max res fire
    upp'd T-Gods 10%max res lightn and lightn absorb
    Stromshield ber +8%dr=43%dr
    Dwarf star for fire absorb and mdr
    Ravenfrost for cold absorb

skills

1 vengeance
    20 res fire
    20 res cold
    20 res lightn
    20 holy shield

=104%dr =of course your %dr tops at 50% but you can't be amp'ed.

85 res cold
    90 res fire
    95 res lightn

any suggestions?
  2. kingdryland

kingdryland IncGamers Member

You'll be running low on actual resists. Since you already have 61%dr I would go with sanctuary 100+ all res instead of stormshield. The ber from stormshield could go to shaftstop for a 69%dr. Silence as weapon would add another 75% all res. Still ,magical attacks will hurt alot,there is not actual way of negeting these in the game.

Second thought. Ditch shaftstop and equip a guardian angel. Ditch the t-gods and the dwarf and equip a belt with resists and a whisp projector. Shield could be ber stormshield for a total of 74% dr. You can still be amped but it won't hurt that much i reckon. What about infernostride/hotspur boots.For un ultra defensive setup silence still sounds good. Venom grip gloves for an extra 5% to psn res perhaps. Or hellmouth for the absorb.

Killing speed will be questionable but,hey we can always discuss.
  3. Dad Daniel

Dad Daniel IncGamers Member

The maximum dmg red on characters is capped on 50%.
  4. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

They should ditch the GA and get a upped eth GA. YA that upping eth uni armors bug was fixed.

talking around about 2k or more def on the armor its self.
  5. Pucho

Pucho Banned

It worked that way in 1.09. You could be amp'ed now. I believe you'll need 121 DR to prevent being amp'ed
  6. MegaFlame

MegaFlame Banned

IMO it's far from invulnerable, a boss with conviction aura and lightning enchanted minions will own you, the light resist and absorb won't do whack. I mean even with 40% light absorb and 95% resist you still won't stand the damage if convictioned.
  7. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

I think stacking Damage Reduce is a bit silly. Settle with 50% and if you're amped and can't tank the monster (which is unlikely if you use CtA) walk away, use Cleansing to get rid of the curse and try again.

You don't need to stack a lot of resistances either. Put a point in salvation instead and use it vs conviction.
  8. MegaFlame

MegaFlame Banned

Go to the nathlak's temple and stand in the middle of the vipers to test your invulnerability plz.
  9. Grim9

Grim9 IncGamers Member

the idea was not to get amp'ed (that's why I abandoned the idea of Guardian Angel, it did't allow me to reach 100% dr)) and also no to get convicted. I forgot to write about maxing conviction and hopefully your level is higher than the enemy's so you can negate his conviction (correct if I'm wrong).

Of course this paladin wouldn't be invulnerable to all attacks anywhere in Sanctuary. This is taken for granted I believe.

Thanks a lot for the gear suggestions, Kingdryland. I guess I would have to add a lot of very good resist charms too to achieve max resists.