Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Nature's Peace Glitch?

Discussion in '1.13 Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by raivyne, Nov 9, 2005. | Replies: 10 | Views: 11348

1. raivyne

raivyne IncGamers Member

Nature's Peace Glitch?

I was killing NM nilithak last night with a nature's peace ring on, and he still kept popping corpses at me. I was under the impression that CE would not be useable with "Slain Monsters RIP". Was I wrong or is this a glitch?
  2. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Were you killing the monsters or were your minions/hirelings killing the monsters? Rest in Peace only works the direct kills of the character holding the item.

Beyond that:
    Nature's Peace: "Slain Monsters Rest in Peace" means that the bodies can't be resurrected or they can't be used to raise skeletons (Necromancer). They can't be used for Corpse Explosion either. It will work only if you kill the enemy with a physical damage or elemental (Blizzard or Fireball) and not magical damage. FYI: Necromancer Bone Spirit is a physical attack. The ring will work for the Paladin's Blessed Hammer skill.
  3. Ididmephistosmom

Ididmephistosmom IncGamers Member

yeah most likely your hireling/minion killed the monsters which did not affect the "rest in peace" mod as mentinoned above
  4. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Also, if one of those suicidal critters dies on you, he'll still be able to use it's corpse for the CE.
  5. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Ignore this part, it's very wrong.
  6. Mammel248

Mammel248 Banned

I can confirm this. My sorc died some times already because of suiciders bombing me, and N using their corpses.
  7. raivyne

raivyne IncGamers Member

It could have been my shadow, or merc. Hadn't considered that, thanks!
  8. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SirDooFuss
    It will work only if you kill the enemy with a physical damage or elemental (Blizzard or Fireball) and not magical damage. FYI: Necromancer Bone Spirit is a physical attack.

Which part is wrong?
    This is directly from the Arreat Summit (www.battle.net)
    I haven't used it with bone spirit but I know for a fact it works with my sorcs' chain lightning and frozen orb.:scratch:
  9. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

That part of the quote claims magical doesn't transfer the RIP mod, which is wrong.
    It also claims that Bone Spirit is a physical attack, which is very wrong.
    Last but not least, it claims that while magic dmg isn't supposed to transfer RIP, Blessed Hammer does work with it. Strange exception.
  10. howlingfantods

howlingfantods IncGamers Member

Since you mention your shadow and I'm thinking you're therefore playing an assassin, I'll just point out that in most places in the game code, traps are considered minions, so they probably don't have the benefit of the rest in peace mod either.

Although if you're a trapper or trap/whatever hybrid, I'll also mention that the easiest way to deal with nihl's CE is to CE yourself first. Lay down a bunch of death sentries, and Nihl will never get a chance to CE you. My kicker/trap hybrid in last ladder was still the best Nihl hunter I've run, marginally better than my teleporting hammerdin, somewhat better than a zealot, and much better than any sorc or necro I've run him with.
  11. Necromanticus

Necromanticus IncGamers Member

Re: Nature's Peace Glitch?

So, just to make it clear, my Hydra Sorceress will have to kill the minions with fire ball if she doesn't want to be blown out by nihl, am I right? So, no Hydras with nihl? (dissapointed) '-,-