Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My top 5 likes (beta)

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Beta Forum' started by In the name of Zod, Apr 24, 2012. | Replies: 13 | Views: 1416

1. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

My top 5 likes (beta)

The Alpha: Elective Mode - it is a big deal for me so it goes to number 1. Its got something to do with giving people what they've been asking for for a very very very long time. I loooove control customization. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
    The Bravo: Skill system - playing the 'early' game will actually be fun for once. Don't know about the late game so again, nuff said.
    The Charlie: Vi-o-lenssssssssss hehehehehehe :crazyeyes:
    The Delta: Multiplayer made the game fun again. I shall expand. One of the things that makes co op games fun is what other people bring to the party. This game will be more than just 'who does more damage', there's actually some player skill involved. So multiplayer is boosted.
    The Echo: Epicness, there is more epicness involved. This is part of both the skills system and flashy graphics. But at least its there at last. It was one of the things I thought were lacking in D2 and I'm glad to see more of it in D3. It progressive and I could comment more on it but I'm just happy that the flare is now in the players control too.

They're my top 5 positives.

2. Penncrow

Penncrow IncGamers Member

Re: My top 5 likes (beta)

Some of your positives are actually negatives in other people's eyes.

Elective Mode: It is still a pain in the rear to change a skill. You have to click on so many things before you land on the skill you want. I don't understand why they don't bring the drag & drop method back. It is much more intuitive.

Skill System: Some (I included) skeptics think that the characters at lvl 60 will have the exact same skills, thus lack differentiation amongst the players. In D2, even with the cookie cutter builds out there, you will rarely find two characters with the exact allocation of skills and attribute points down to the last digit. For the longevity of the game, the endgame needs to be just as fun as the beginning parts.

3. Wildmoon

Wildmoon IncGamers Member

I can't how people will have the exact the same skills,runes,passived in Diablo 3 is possible.

4. kazyn

kazyn IncGamers Member

What do violins have to do with anything?

5. Penncrow

Penncrow IncGamers Member

I don't know what you are talking about. If you and I both play a wizard to level 60, we will have the exact same skills, runes and attribute point allocations. Sure we can only equip 4-5 skills at once, we will most likely end up using the 4-5 best skills in the game.

I am leaving items out on purpose because they do make a difference, but getting items are based on luck. It would suck if char differentiation is based on you have the good fortune of finding a good wand and I don't.

6. yovargas

yovargas IncGamers Member

No matter what the system is, most savy players will use "the 4-5 best skills in the game".

7. Zorrah

Zorrah IncGamers Member

Just ready any WoW class strat on elitest jerks web site and you'll see how awful the "haves" are when it comes to games. It's all, these are the "have" builds and these are the skills you use. I don't think this game will be like WoW, but I'm going to enjoy the hell out of this game, before the "haves" tear it up.

8. Neinball

Neinball <a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a> and<

And the differences between those variations was so insignificant you would never have known the difference, what made characters of the same build different in D2 was the items they used. The same will be true for cookie-cutters in D3.

9. hatred

hatred IncGamers Member

this list is so bland
    i mean... its like writing
    1.graphics
    2.music
    3.<insert certain class>
    4. items
    5. animations
    rly, its just totaly ****ing dull, dunno how you cant see that

10. bman462

bman462 IncGamers Member

Good list I would prob list the same things

11. DoxieVon

DoxieVon IncGamers Member

RE elective mode: Under current UI it is a minor annoyance, but not game breakingly so. Sure it could be made more intuitive, but it works as is.

Re Skill System: I think most of you skeptics are selectively delusional. Saying that everyone will play everything in d3 exactly the same at 60, only using the "best" 9 skill and rune combos, is like saying everyone only made and played hammerdins in d2... sure it was the most played cookie cutter build... arguably the most overpowered build...and sure almost everyone had one... but it didn't stop people from playing other classes and builds, even ones that really kind of sucked. (Elemental Druid)

In fact I am quite certain that d3 will have more variation in the end game than d2 had. In d2 developing one skill cost you development in another, to the point that most builds required almost all of your skill points, or left you with 1-15 to spend where you wished, which ultimately did little if not nothing in the way of actual customization because 15 points just wasn't enough to make a skill truly viable. This led to every hammerdin/orbsorc/javazon/etc being built exactly the same in anyway that mattered. At least with d3 even if most barbs build with the same main 6 skills, there will be 3 elective slots that will actually make for significantly different game play.

For example I'm 99% sure that Ancient Spear will be no where near one of the 9 "best" skill and rune combos, but that wont stop me and everyone who has ever played Mortal Kombat from using it in our level 60 barb build simply because its too much fun to say to ourselves "get over here" every time we use it to hook someone in the face and drag them to their inevitable death before us.

Also you wont be-forced to play your barb exactly and only as you designed him to be from the start. If you get tired of an ability you don't have to spend 30+ hours making a new character or even 5 min+ respeccing your current one. You take 5 seconds to swap some abilities around and get back to punching faces.

I know I will play my monk in at least 3 different ways, as a tank, as a support and as DPS, and I already know I will have multiple variations on each of those roles. In all i bet i have at least 9 significantly different variations ill be playing at 60... wanna guess how many different d2 paladins I played at lvl 90+??? Two. Amazons? Two. Sorc? One. Assassin? One. Druid? One. Barb? Two. Necro? zero.

As for Sats... stats by themselves did not make for different builds(with perhaps the exception of sorcs, but even that was survivability via Vitality vs Survivability via Energy, in either case it was still building for survivability), they were just another thing you had to min max for your specific use case. There was no real choice in the allocation, for each use case there was only ONE right way to allocate stats... anything but the right way and your character was gimped and had to be remade. Having these auto assign and play no part in character min-maxing just makes sense.

12. DoxieVon

DoxieVon IncGamers Member

My top 5
    1) Loot generated specifically for you. No more ninja loot racing. No major reason to not play in groups now.
    2) Account wide stash/gold sharing. No more having to make xfer games.
    3) Auto Assign stats. No more breaking characters.
    4) Every skill is min-maxed as you go along. IE no using lvl 1 frost bolt for 30 levels.
    5) You can find your play style for each character class without re-rolling/respecing.

mini likes:
    1) No keys or scrolls of anything. No more having to worry about keeping them fully stacked.
    2) Port to player banners. No more having to ask for tps.

It's like they took out every annoying aspect of d2.

13. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

DoxieVon, your big post at position 11 was very mind opening. I'd say that the new skill system will allow for more experimentation, or easier experimentation of builds since you'll always have access to every skill when those interesting but odd items drop. I'm guessing that they're planning on keeping our end game characters useful for something or another. I actually liked starting new characters and playing through the game again and again from start to finish and having a reason to do it. Whether it be trying a different build out or further perfecting my preferred builds. I wonder whats going to keep my playing D3?

Also the individual loot system makes the experience feel colder to me, it would be nice to at least watch or see somehow what other people are getting.

14. GoldenredDragon

GoldenredDragon IncGamers Member

Starting a character over from scratch, just because you can, and find it interesting ?
    "I will play a hatred generator only DH"
    "Arcane oriented damage wizard"
    "control impairing WD"
    "Frenzy Barb with only frenzy as damage dealer, and only support skills"
    "white items only challenge"

G.R.D. (And the list could go on and on and on in ideas !)