Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My PvP Wiz build

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ZwanZigZwolf, May 13, 2012. | Replies: 2 | Views: 836

1. ZwanZigZwolf

ZwanZigZwolf IncGamers Member

The concept here is to trap a non Wiz character in Slow Time and drop bombs on them.
    Skill set up and logic:
    Left Click = Disintegrate as it is the most spammy skill. I chose to add the Intensify rune to it to boost its damage to the target.
    Right Click = Teleport, my main "panick button" skill. Use this to get out of trouble fast. I chose the Safe Passage run to allow for DR in case I misjudge the speed of my opponent once they have left the bubble of Slow Time. I consider that most Barbs will leap at me as much as possible.
    Skill 1 = Slow Time the meatus of this build. I added the Time Warp rune to this to allow for more damage to be done to the trapped opponent.
    Skill 2 = Meteor with Comet rune,a nice big bomb that also slows them down more.
    Skill 3 = Hydra with Lightning Hydra rune, I want to give them a friend to deal with in the Slow Time bubble.
    Skill 4 = Diamond Skin with Diamond Shards rune in it for big boost to defense and a nasty surprise to anyone who keeps wailing on me.
    I figure the strategy would be to quickly cast Skill 1, 2, 3 and then start blasting them with my Left click. If they escape I cast Diamond Skin and Tele away and repeat the process after cool downs have ended.
    My passives are: Blur for DR, Evocation to reduce all cool downs and Unstable Anomaly to give me another chance at avoiding death if I get caught and am brought to low health. The knockback effect should give me a chance to regroup.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#iQgkRX!abh!caZYZc

Let me know what you all think.
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
  2. Mefet

Mefet IncGamers Member

Without any signature spell i think you would have a hard time on most situation.
    Also i think that in pvp the passive "Galvanizing ward" will be really nice and may overcome the defensive power of "Diamond Skin", i replaced it with a "Ice Armor" coupled with the "Chilling Aura" rune.
    Moreover i think that the "Arcane Torrent" coupled with "Death Blossom", once mastered may be a huge burst of damage that may turn the tide in a pvp battle, however by putting on this spell i remove one of your slowing device.
    Now, i think that "Unstable Anomaly" + "Blur" would be great if you were sure to only face melee opponent but that wont happen, i decided to replace one of them (in this case "Blur" but the other one would have been a similar choice) with a new slowing device to replace the old "Meteor" + "Comet". "Temporal Fulx". However this passive imply Arcane damage. I replaced your "Disintegrate" with "Magic Missile" (for the signature spell). Since you'll most likely use "Magic Missile" only while in range i put the "Seeker" rune but again that's a questionable choice.
    Finally, regarding your "Hydra", if "Death Blossom" becomes somehow reliable in close range, we may want to add another short range burst, one that i think may be really strong is the "Archon" + "Arcane Destruction" rune.
    I really like the idea of "Safe Passage" in teleport because it allows you to play offensivly, meaning that you may teleport in the ennemy wizard/DH and then make your job more or less safe.

The idea in this build remains the same as in yours, though it's now more important than ever for you to remain in the Slow Time bubble with your ennemy to cast "Arcane Torrent" + "Archon"
    The main weaknesses are the lack of long range consistent damage spell you had with "Disintegrate", but i don't see how you can play without a signature spell. Though Archon will provide some for the time being.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aQgemf!fUh!caZZaa
  3. ZwanZigZwolf

ZwanZigZwolf IncGamers Member

Thanks for the input Mefet. I based my strategy upon what I saw on a video cast on ForceSC2Strategy's Youtube channel. It seemed that the Wiz was very effective with these skills. I did't notice any Sig Spells being used. Just a simple strategy of, Slow Time, Hydra, Meteor for offense and Diamond Armor and Tele for defense.

From what I have gathered the arena will be limited to 2v2 as they are really small areas and I can't imagine 4v4 playing out well in such a small area and it also would go against the "no more than 4 chars in a game" lock they have, so I say, yes I will likely be up against just one of the 2 most of the time and it isn't as if my partner is gonna be just walking around taking in the sites. They are going to be wailing on the poor souls who venture into the arena with us.