Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My MP3 A3 clearing build & setup.

Discussion in 'Witch Doctor' started by nurman, Oct 21, 2012. | Replies: 9 | Views: 5695

1. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/nurman-2854/hero/8877134

This is my build and I'm clearing MP3 A3 quite effectively with it. Few deaths here and there but I'm doing okay.
    I really wanted to get rid of zombie bears because they are getting quite boring.
    The Fetish sycophants seem to be working pretty well at the moment and I like the overall damage they absorb (especially when they have their maximum damage intake capped now).
    Any input?

2. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock IncGamers Member

Consider dropping Jungle Fortitude for Spirit Vessel. With your amount of resists and LoH, you shouldn't be needing Jungle Fort. My WD has 40 more resists and the same hp as you and does just fine with only Spirit Vessel. It helps save you against those burst damage situations which will probably kill you even with Jungle Fort.

Have you tried Spirit Barrage Well of Souls? It has decent range and the damage is pretty high.

3. Dogbert

Dogbert IncGamers Member

Sprit vessel is for hardcore. If you die so much you need this you should maybe play on a lower mp?

4. deya

deya IncGamers Member

Nope, it's amazing tool versus Lunatics @ Keep2 (best exping zone in entire game). Also, don't forget it also lowers Spirit Walks cooldown.

Amazing passive.

5. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock IncGamers Member

I strongly disagree with that idea. I play very aggressively. Spirit Walk and Horrify are always on cooldown for the run speed bonus and I don't kite. My WD is always in melee range casting bears, and I don't stop until everything is dead. If I die in the process, SV procs and then I'll think about playing safe. The amount of time I shave off of run times by having an extra life and not having to play careful is significant.

6. Virility

Virility IncGamers Member

You play very defensively nurman, why not have dogs that are present all the time or actually cast fetishes to add to the passive? I see single target damage. RoT to quickly get you life, so where is your primary killer? I've used Spirit Barrage/manitou and it does not make elite packs tremble in fear. Bears may be boring but they clear big areas quickly.

I think of a1 where you don't get rushed by groups of things, bats and a few goatmen are about it. A2 white monsters come in groups, wasps groups, lacuni groups... and so on. A3 more of the same and A4 is nasty.

Where is your aoe damage spell since you gave up Bears? If you like relying on a % chance to sometime spawn a fetish for some dps support, I think you will be doing alot of corpse running or stuck running mp3.

7. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

I made the build so that I would clear elite packs with maximum ease and RoT does actually quite heavy amount of aoe damage overall, only at a small range. You do need to spam it quite far and wide but it also has an overall higher base cast speed than bears, so it does conjure more fetishes and fetishes, in my experience, work better than dogs.

I wanted to automate my build as much as possible, hence the automatic CD rune on my gargantuan.

The manitou spirit barrage is about making it work more like a buff rather than a dps move. I want to spam RoT as much as I can. Also I like how it makes it easier to break everything around me.

One more reason why I hated bears was that the cast animation takes quite a long time. I can cast 2x RoT in the time I cast one bear.

8. Virility

Virility IncGamers Member

I can relate to the cast time with bears, it takes timing and positioning to make the most of them. I gave up using them myself to play more defensive with LoH and Life leech to manage the reflect damage packs in group games, but I do not clear entire packs in several acid rain casts as bears would with SH/GF fully charged.

9. BaronScarpia

BaronScarpia IncGamers Member

I always use spirit vessel, namely because of this kind of situation.

Note: the thread is a couple weeks old and the OP build seems to have changed. I kinda almost necroed it to add the screenshot, because, imo, when you have a cheat death mechanism - always use it, just because it saves a colossal time in whatever you're doing. Not having to walk the entire keep level again is something useful.

10. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

I've given up on Witch Doctors as a viable class to play and transferred to my barbarian.