Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

my merc is too stupid to live

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Superhal, Jun 29, 2005. | Replies: 7 | Views: 486

1. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

my merc is too stupid to live

all i want is for him to stay away, alive, and wielding his insight polearm. how can i slow him down or keep him out of harms way? i tried everything, and he insists on going around me (i'm trying to tank for him) and getting right up next to the monster.
  2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Heh, reminds me of the Beserkers in Heroes IV :rolleyes:

Unfortunatly, there isn't much that you can do. Teleport is really the only way to control or keep them out of harms way. Personally, I would have loved it if Blizzard had implemented a feature whereby you could specify the mercs "Aggressive level", with the options of "Passive (stay away), Assertive (attack monsters near me) or Aggressive (attack everything)", depending on how your playing
  3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

k, i upgraded to a hell a2 defiance merc, and he did pretty well. i think the leech is the problem. insight in an exceptional polearm doesn't do enough damage nor does it leech. i think i'm going to have to find a leeching armor for him or an elite pole for insight.
  4. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

Totally agree. I also have an act 2 defiance merc. When his aura is activated he has 14500 defense. Gear: Obedience eth Polearm, Eth gaze, and eth gladiator’s bane. Most important modifiers damage reduction \ huge defense \ max res \ life leech \ cannot be frozen \ fast hit recovery. My merc rarely dies.
  5. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

in the long run, that will hurt you. if you have the patience to raise an a2 defiance merc from normal, his stats, aura level, and some other things will be better.
  6. Joch

Joch IncGamers Member

totally agree.
    though... I also must notice (what I don't like) If they can die, they attack every monster that is arround you. If they can survive they will do nice & slowly
    If they can own the place, they rather stick around with you...
    (noticed with tele, when they can die they always want back in but if they can't they'll stay behind for a few seconds)
  7. CameronFoster

CameronFoster IncGamers Member

If your rich make Eth Phoenix War Pike/ CV. Redemption will make him the mostuber, unkillable meatshield ever.

~CF
  8. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Insight in an Eth Collossus Voulge does plenty of damage. Slap a crown of thieves on that guy for leech and with decent resist armor, he should be fine as long as you don't let him fall behind in levels.