Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

my future Uber Frenzy killer

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Sinnerster, Apr 10, 2012. | Replies: 13 | Views: 2329

1. Sinnerster

Sinnerster IncGamers Member

my future Uber Frenzy killer

Is not killing so much atm since i fear his resist lvls, here is short background story.

Ive just started playing D2 again, been doing so on and off for 10 years, and have now started again, i started on ladder and have played for 2 weeks. i dont use Dupe items (so no trading in general games) and all the items i have is self found and the runes are cubed up, that meens i dont get items so fast as others.

I want to kill the Ubers and is also hunting for Diablo clone (farming keys as we speak) but atm my resist is lacking, in Hell i have 75 in cold and lightning and about 60 in fire and poison, i have never done Ubers other than with a Pala 4 years ago (and his resist was very high) and i hear Frenzy is alot more dependent on stats like AP and CB.

im trying to juggle my gear for max effective run (or just not die in 2 sec after i enter)
    now im fairly unlucky person when i comes to roll on items, so list the things i have (im proud of what i have gotten so far)
    Grief PB 30% ias and 394 to dmg
    Grief PB 32% ias and 372 to dmg
    Arreats Face 5% LL
    Draculs 8%
    Lawbringer PB
    Trachery (assasin armor)
    2 crappy Ravenfrost
    Menald Heal (for mana leech)
    IK Belt
    String of Ears
    Highlords wrath
    Stone of Jordan
    Laying of Hands

some small resist all charms, who gives me about 20 all resist combined, i dont have Torch or Anni ( and as far i understand you cant have 2 Torch at the same time so killing Ubers and not picking up torch would be a waste.

now these are the items i have on me atm, i could get that CB set helmet for more CB but that would put my resist in a even more ****ty state, i also have the runes for smoke armor and i have NO Chance of getting CoH.

my main problems are Resist and Ias, if i have dont the right math i need 35% ias on non weapon for fast BP with a 30% on weapn, that meen Highlords and ias in helm but then i cant UM my helmet, and i can cube about 2-3 ists each gaming session i run Travi.

now my question is, how do i go about this, make smoke and prebuff fade, Socket Um in Arreats and rely on 15% CB or,
    use the set helm, socket ias, prebuff fade and go all out and hope lifetap keeps me up.

i have about 3k life buffed and i still need buff sticks on swith.

so plz you guys who have tried killing them plz let me know what to use.

kind regards Sinnerster

2. Aaron Eh

Aaron Eh IncGamers Member

Re: my future Uber Frenzy killer

That's pretty good luck to find two Lo's in two weeks of playing!

I have taken a Frenzy Barb through UT in Hardcore using Grief PB & Kingslayer PB as my weapon's. Arreat's (Um'd), CoH, Drac's, Gores, and either SoE of Verdungo's Belt (I can't recall). Ravenfrost on one hand and likely crafted or rare rings and amulet.

Using Grief (30 IAS) and Kingslayer (30 IAS) and level 24 Frenzy (20 points +4 from Arreats) the 20 IAS from Highlords will let you hit 5 FPA.

I would look to get a smoke armour and some 11 plain res SC's to fill the gaps after prebuffing with treachery. I would also look for a Demon Limb to give enchant for the AR bonus. Anything over 15K AR should allow you to hit pretty often. Pull ubers one by one and keep Howl on hotkey to send minions running every once and a while.

3. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

With just Highlord's your Griefs already hit at 6.5 frames per attack before Frenzy even start charging up, so IAS isn't an issue. Thundergod's light sorb pretty much solves the Meph's prob, but I'm not sure how much light res you need for the sorb to effectively negate his bolts (anyone?). Kingslayer seems like a good idea... if you can afford that then Death doesn't seem that far off though.

2xSpirit are good substitutes while you shop for echoing sticks. I actually prefer them as the FCR is very useful when you hork trav :)

4. Sinnerster

i was Lucky to get a Lo drop on my first char when running thru Hell first time (my Assasin) and when that dropped it took me 1 hour to deside on a Barb using grief, the other has been cubed up.

so i should try and cube up to Kingslayer or Death and use highlords with ias jewel in head, i have a nonsocket etheral Cryptic sword it would get 4 sockets, i think i could get the runes in a week or so, atm im Travi and Nihi for keys in the same games since running travi only made me get kicked off Battlenet.

anyone know if i can trade Destruction keys for the others and what they go for, since running arcane takes me 20 min if unlucky.

thx for the tips on gear, ill see what i can do :D

5. Axamas

Axamas IncGamers Member

On Eu-HCL, you can trade 1 destruction key for any 3 other keys (terror or hate).
    Hope this helps you.

I solo Uber Tristram in HCl with a frenzy barb, here is my stuff :
    - Arreat
    - Highlord
    - 2xRavenfrost
    - Verdungo
    - Dracul's
    - Gore
    - COH
    - Beast on Ettin Axe
    - Death on Eth Ettin Axe
    (+ Torch, Anni, Life Charms)
    For Bo I use :
    - 2x 3bo stick
    - amu 3 bo
    For prebuff I use :
    - Treachery
    And last but not least I have a Life Tap Wand that I use when starting Uber Meph's fight for more convenience. (not useful for Diablo and Baal imho)
    Optionnaly you can also use Demon Limb to cast a prebuff Enchant.

Good luck

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  6. Sinnerster

ok thx for reply guys, from what i can see if i make Smoke (easy one) and Death in Cryptic sword i would be able to kill them, only problem i see in my future is my AR, you guys say 15k, i think i have 7.5k thats only half, i can use Angelic ring and amu, i have those on mule but hen i would have no ias at all if i throw Um in my Arreats face, i have not yet found Verdungos but i dont think it matter much, atm my Life is 3.4k with BO since i used yesterday evening to shop 2 BO sticks, only took 30 min max.

Ill start cubing runes up so i can make death, is there another sword that is better for Death, i know it have semi low avrg dmg but its -10 compared to 0 or 10 and the lower dmg would be better if i can reach a lower breakpoint for my dmg overall (i think)

i could also Ditch Highlords and go for Metalgrid, it has resist and AR, but ofcurse lack the Ias so i would have slower attack speed, but metalgrid is so rare i think i would have to trade for it (the horror)

thx for answers so far

and a small Edit: i thought you could only hold one Torch and Anni, how can you rely on having the on you while you kill Ubers, do you park a mule in the game also or run in with another char and collect later?.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  7. Axamas

Axamas IncGamers Member

You need 5 sockets for Death that won't fit in a Cryptic Sword !

For Death runeword you need :
    - eth Colossus Sword (easy to find with 0 or 5 sox)
    - eth Colossus Blade (better weapon but very diffcult to find with 5 sox)
    or
    - 5 sox Phase Blade ofc.

8. Sinnerster

nice point dont know how i missed that.

so far my plan is

Dual Griefs PB
    Smoke armor (prebuff Treachery)
    Ravenfrost Ravenfrost
    Metalgrid (need to trade this)
    Gulis face with Ias Jewel and 22 Light resist
    Draculs
    Gores
    String of Ears (Thundergods for Mephi clone)
    prebuff sticks that gets changed for a lifetab wand before starting

with this i will be around 0 resist after conviction aura, but i should kill he pretty fast.

my resist would be
    60% all resist from Treachery
    50% all resist from smoke
    25-30% all resist from Metalgrid
    20% all resist from small charms
    22% light resist from Jewel

and thats about it, i would have with only treachery proc and no smoke i have 75% all resist in hell, so that meens i would overstack by 50%, getting me about 0 in resist on Mephi clone.

what do you guys think?

kind regards

9. Aaron Eh

Aaron Eh IncGamers Member

You should also have 30 Res all from your Anya quests.

If I remember Mephisto has a level 20 Conviction Aura which applies -125% Res All. The quick and dirty check I do is to remove my armour - your resist will be around there after Conviction penalty and buffing with Fade - as long as you use Smoke or CoH.

Also consider prebuffing with a Demon Limb for the AR.

10. Sinnerster

i was thinking if Grief and Kingslayer PB can do the job, Kinslayer for the CB, can Strengt also perhaps, i know its 25% CB vs 33CB but both has crap dmg and it would let me keel Arreats on, its just a weapon for Ubers, in normal play i run Grief Grief, then my gear would be

Grief PB
    Strenght PB
    Arreats Umed
    Highlords
    Gores
    Daculs
    Raven
    Raven
    Smoke prebuff with Trachery, BO sticks and Demonlimb
    i would have about 3800 life after BO, and 20 in resist after conviction
    dont know is i should use SOE or Thunder belt but i have both, would this work.

i have killed the 3 bosses before Ubers so i have Organ set now, they was easy imo, i had my normal setup on
    so no switching armor (used Treachery), no umed Arreats face only gores for CB and then dual Griefs, worked like i charm

11. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

The biggie is Meph's light bolts; there's 8 of them and each does 109 damage. With T-gods you can negate the damage with about 65 light res. If you have 20 LR and 6 of the bolts hit you, T-gods will reduce the damage you take from ~520 to ~280.

12. shuy

shuy IncGamers Member

Grief + Azure is better then 2 x Grief. This combo is very nice against Meph and Baal minions.

13. Sinnerster

ok, i have gotten all the items,

Treachery prebuff and Smoke as i kill
    Grief PB
    Kingslayer
    Highlords
    Raven
    Raven
    SOE
    Dracs
    Gore

prebuff BO and Demon Limb

and lots of AR charms and im not even close to 15k AR im at 12400, i will try now but i fear i cant hit them :/

OK just finished, pulled all 3 at once and died once, got them devided and not that hard then, imo Lillith is harder :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  14. hubb

hubb IncGamers Member

At level 88 12400 AR gives you a 71% chance to hit Uber Meph, which goes down to 35% after his 50% block. With 16k AR that increases to 37% after block, which isn't all that much.

As long as you use the LT wand before fighting Meph and make sure that your light res/sorb is enough that you won't be wiped out in one or two attacks then you'll be fine :)