Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My first ever HC character

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by darkstarhub, Nov 24, 2012. | Replies: 5 | Views: 589

1. darkstarhub

darkstarhub IncGamers Member

All through the years of playing D2, I never even started a HC character. I guess it just comes down to the thought of losing gear that took along time to get, and I am really not that good. Yesterday evening, I found myself actually contemplating a hardcore character. I thought about the softcore Barb I made in D2 that never died, until a 5 pack of Gloams instagibbed him. And the Barb I made in D3 that beat Big D before I could with my Wiz.

So, I made a Barb, since I thought my first run at HC should have a tough character. I started out kinda feeling the same way as any other new character I have made in D3, but realized once I got to the stash box, this is going to be a whole new ballgame. There was nothing, and even though I knew this going in, it was still a shock to see one small row in the stash box and "0" gold. I played through the Skeleton King, and was hoping he might drop a rare for me to use, but the only thing was a rare xbow. I got lucky and the merchant in town with the rings, had a 2-4 Dmg/3% IAS ring, and I had to sit there and really think if I should spend 2,500 of the 10,000 gold I had accumulated on one of them. That was a big change, but I liked it for some reason.

At this point, I had not really come close to dying, as I had ran through that part of the game countless times. I got to the Fields of Misery, and had my first wake up call. I started in on a Wood Wraith and a Beast charged me. It hit me then that the red glow meant real death, old dude would be done. I chugged a health pot, and ran off around a landform to get my **** straight. That was cool, and I know it really wasnt nothing like having a level 60 with decent gear come close to death, but still a change from what I am used to. I am going to try my best to not use the AH with this character. My biggest hurdle with my first SC character was a weapon, and what ultimately led me to the AH, so we will see with this one.

Sorry for the wall of text, that always happens when I am really trying not to. I guess I am just excited because that was something new for me, even in a game I have been playing for 15 years. I would like to make it at least to Inferno with this guy, but either way, it will be fun. Wish me Luck!!!!
  2. darkstarhub

Well, I guess the exact reason I have never done this happened. I was at level 17, getting a few more levels before I went against the butcher. I was in the jail and the game stopped responding. I was completely kicked off where I had to totally log back on. I get back on, and he is dead. And yes, I could not imagine the frustration this would cause with a high level character, but that is total bull****. You play a game mode and expect to only die by your own stupidity. The thing about it is that it was about 230 AM when this happened, and I am the only one in the house online, which is when I planned to play this character. I wanted to make sure my wife or stepson didnt start a download and cause a sudden loss of signal without me knowing, thus the planned late play time.

I got to give it to you guys that play HC all the time, as I am sure this happens frequently. I was actually having fun, and I guess that is what pisses me off the most, cause it was cool doing something besides finding trash rare and legendary items with my main SC Wiz.
  3. InteNuIgen

InteNuIgen IncGamers Site Pal

Sorry about the death. It really is something completely different, and the word "careful" gets a new meaning.
    Sadly, many HC deaths are from disconnects, and you would think that the game client should be able to protect you from that.

In the SPF forum we run a selffound HC tourney at MP10, it's brutal. Fields of Misery is a minefield.
  4. mesafalcon

mesafalcon IncGamers Member

Good luck in HC..

take it slow and enjoy
  5. darkstarhub

The more I have thought about what happened, the more pissed off I am. There should be some way to protect the player from something like this happening. Like I said before, the character was low level and it's not a major loss, but it did totally screw me up on my mindset. I started another one, and I am willing to give it another shot. I had just found a killer low level mighty belt with str, Vit, LL, and radius. Just have to put it behind me and go on, at least I have a little gold left to get started with.
  6. jrsilva

jrsilva IncGamers Member

So, when will you come back to HC? Because you will, hehehe. Which real do you plan in? If europe, do add me and I will help you out starting. Cheers