Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Experimental Build: The Lavamancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by LeegionOnEast, Sep 11, 2005. | Replies: 10 | Views: 848

1. LeegionOnEast

LeegionOnEast IncGamers Member

My Experimental Build: The Lavamancer

I've been working on this idea. It's a cross between a Summonmancer and a Fire Sorc. Using Trangs, you gain Fireball and Meteor. With FCR stuff, you cast multiple Meteor/Fireball while they fight off the hordes. In theory this sounds good.

My main question is...Full Trangs? I know that will give me a slow FCR. My original plan was Hoto and Wing on first equip, swarm with Skellies as distraction, cast Lower Resist, cast Meteor, switch over to Wizardspike and Lidless, and cast multiple Fireballs. But, could it be better to just have Wizardspike and Lidless, or HOTO and Lidless? I like the 75 resist on Spike, makes Hell alot easier, and my mana alot easier to deal with. My equipment is as such:

Full Trangs
    Maras
    2 x SOJ
    Marrowalk
    HOTO
    2ND W: Wizardspike and Lidless

STATS:
    Strength:Enough for Trang Armor, making it easy to level to use the rest quickly.
    Dext: 80...just for defence
    Vitality: The rest
    Energy: 80, spells are very important

Skills like this:
    20 SM
    15 S
    15 M
    10 Revive
    1 GM
    1 CG
    1 BG
    10 IG (Preffered meat wall)
    1 SR
    1 AD
    1 W
    1 LT
    10 LR

Fill in the rest how you like. I use a Act 2 Thorns Merc with what ever equipment I have extra currently. Is the idea good in theory?
  2. Freezing Rain

Freezing Rain IncGamers Member

I really don't think that the meteor/Fball/Wall get's strong enough to do any real damage in hell mode. And i think i read somewhere in the 1.11 change's that they fixed that bug, i could be wrong though.
  3. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

My observations with using trang set necros leads me to the same conclusion, however, Fire Wall is quite useful for a necro because he has tanks in the form of his minions that can keep a monster in place for the firewall to do it's magic, and it's not too hard to hit 1kish+ damage per second, firewall burns for a little more than 3 and a half seconds, and it's casting delay is only about one and a half second. Add in lower resistance and do the math. Meteor from what I've seen is too slow, even with tanks. The lack of synergies hurts it badly. Ever since the Charge/Synergy bug was fixed, fireball no longer has moonfall to look to for a synergy, so even that has become little more than a nifty firework show :( .
  4. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

It's a nifty way to kill PI's when you don't have anything else. :lol:
  5. Dragonmaster

Dragonmaster IncGamers Member

And its fun to pretend you freaking rock with an army of undead and the ability to make the sky fall down. PHEAR ME PHOOLISH MORTALZ
  6. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Firewalls are just fine in hell (I use them quite a bit), even more when you use Lower Resist.

Don't bother with Meteor and Fireball, they don't do any damage. I use Fireball in early normal, though.
  7. LeegionOnEast

So, would the build still be decent, if I used Firewall? Should I use Full Trangs? I'm pretty sure Full Trangs still gives you the slow cast rate, or am I wrong? I have 3 more lvls till I can equip Full on this build.
  8. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Cast rate doesn't matter for firewalls (or meteor), since it has a timer.

And I'm not using firewalls as primary killing spell, just as support and for PIs (hard or not doesn't really matter --- best case for non-hard PIs is they still end up with 80% physical resistance).

TO doesn't turn you into a firesorc. The firewalls can kill stuff, but it's still taking a bit of time.

The advantage compared to a firewall-sorc is that you have more minions helping to keep the monsters IN the firewall for the full duration.

I just saw that you planned 10 points in Lower Resist. Did you even bother looking at Arreat Summit? 1 point + a few +skills is plenty...

Edit: I'm not seeing Decrepify in your skills either. Decrepify is still very useful, even more so if you use Iron Golem (which doesn't do anything useful compared to the pile of usefulness from Clay Golem).

Edit: I hope you did think about your weaponswitch setup. *I* can't seem to make any sense of it at all..
  9. Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey IncGamers Member

Shouldn't you include a fire golem in order to call it a Lavamancer? :p
  10. LeegionOnEast

The only reason for the 10 to LR is because I really didn't know what else to put points into :rolleyes:

Should I level Clay instead of Iron? I like Iron because I can transmute to my liking, what do you guys think?

The weapon switch setup was just an experiment. I like Wizardspike because of the 50% FCR and +75 RES with alot of help with mana. However, I do love my 37 HOTO. I also love my ISTed Lidless. What do you guys think?
  11. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

There are a lot of threads on this subject. As search will do you good. Generally people like Clay because he is cheap, requires very little points to be effective (generally 1 point +skills) and is easy to recast once he dies. His Slow ability makes him very useful when killing bosses.