Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My Dream Blova Gear

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by nolan16, Mar 2, 2012. | Replies: 10 | Views: 1839

1. nolan16

nolan16 IncGamers Member

My Dream Blova Gear

I think this would be the best set up/my dream gear. Anything you might do differently?

Deaths fathom w/ 5/5 lightning facet
    Griffons Eye w/ 5/5 lightning facet
    30+ FCR spirit monarch
    Enigma mage plate
    Arch Angels Amulet of Life Everlasting (+2 skill/ dmg red by 25)
    Natures peace (11dr)
    Thundergods Vigor
    Crafted Safety ring (10fcr/60+ mana/+Str/res/1-4 dr)
    Magefists
    Crafted caster tri res boots with mf or fhr

Switch:
    Cta + spirit

Inventory:
    1x 5fhr sc (perhaps scintillating of balance or lucky of balance)
    Anni
    Torch
    Gheeds
    Vita/mf scs
    Probably lightning gcs as I imagine my cold would already be very powerful.

I run nihlathak so idr is nice for me and one natures peace is a must. Also, as I play hc, some sort of gloam safety would be nice. When I compare fcr ring/Tgods to Arach/Wisp I see Tgod/fcr ring significantly winning for me. +1 skill on arach is not worth 20 str/dex +10 max light res and whatever other goodies could potentially be on the crafted ring.

Now if i could ever find this stuff... Ammy/Helm/Weapon may never happen =(, one can dream though haha.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  2. Fyourics

Fyourics IncGamers Member

Re: My Dream Blova Gear

Enigma is a weird choice. CoH/SoTVM is way better for a sorc.
  3. nolan16

nolan16 IncGamers Member

SoTVM? A socketed vipermagi??

Ya, enigma is sort of a weird choice for a sorc. Would like to have at least 150-200 mf for my pvm chars though and don't really see where else to get it, also, 2 skill, 70 str, and 8% dmg reduction don't hurt either..
  4. magicrectangle

magicrectangle IncGamers Member

If you want to MF I don't see why you wouldn't just use full tal's.

Also I run nihlathak with my blova and I don't use nature's peace. If you kill him quick it is no problem. The vipers are the only real danger.

My blova uses full tal's (mf socketed), spirit monarch, magefist, 2x soj, fire/poison/fhr/frw boots, and lightning GCs. The only reason I'd ever give that up is if I was going for a pure damage spec, rather than MF.

One could sol tal's hat and armor, and use nature's peace instead of a second SoJ if one were really concerned about tomb vipers. I'm level 95 (max chance to gamble +2 ammys) so I see no need to sacrifice MF just to avoid one death every 100ish nihlathak runs or so.
  5. nolan16

nolan16 IncGamers Member

My blova does use full tals (w/ sol'd armor and shael'd helm also a shael'd gerkes for idr), but I think the above mentioned setup would blow tals out of the water with more +skills, +cold dmg, -lightning resist, and idr (if only I had unlimited funds haha).

Also, I play hc so death is not an option. To run tomb vipers I would want at least 30ish idr, who knows maybe thats overkill. Right now though what hurts a lot more than the vipers is Nihl's CE, have been putting my mercs pole in my inventory before I fight him lately. Once I have an infinity, which I can probably afford right now, I imagine I might be able to kill him before he gets a CE off or circle/blizz if he isn't cold immune.

How much mana do you have with your SOJs? I find mana w/ nova to be quite annoying. My mana pool is only about 550ish. You use infinity merc?
  6. magicrectangle

Yeah I use infinity. With 2x SoJ and CtA I have 1303 mana, and it is fine. I do keep a line of blues in my belt, and I do use them a fair bit if I have to nova spam a lot, but it is manageable.

As for nihlathak, I drop myself straight on his head and spam nova. Corpse explosion isn't an issue, he just dies too fast, plus I can take 2 corpse explosions in a row thanks to 2.5k life.
  7. nolan16

nolan16 IncGamers Member

Ok, thanks. Have 4 ists, 2 mals, jah, and a cham sitting around as well as an eth cv. Will have to acquire an infinity soon as well as get an soj or bahamut ring. I'm hoping I have less mana issues w/ the infinity because I will require less novas haha. With the bahamut ring I should have 600+ mana then with my crappy +1 bo cta about 850-900 mana.

Edit: Not sure how sc is, but getting hrs on hc is so annoying. It's hard to get a ber with 4ists or Vex +ist. Pretty silly.
  8. magicrectangle

Yeah so on thinking about it, for a hardcore that setup seems pretty good (assuming nihlathak is in the run). A note on the ring, 90 mana is possible on crafted/rare rings, 60 is the max on life.

Maybe that's 'cause a ber is worth 15+ ists.

9. nolan16

nolan16 IncGamers Member

Ber = 15 ists?

What the... You can cube a vex with 4 ists and an ohm with 8 ists. Ber isn't worth 2 ohms. Your server is wacky! =P
  10. magicrectangle

Ber sure as heck is worth at least 2 ohms on east softcore ladder. More likely 3.

11. nolan16

nolan16 IncGamers Member

Guess I am still just used to the days when vex - zod all were worth about the same amount, except a little less for cham/sur. I knew the vex for jah i traded yesterday was a good trade, but probably a little better than i realized :).