Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

My crazy D3 story predictions

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by TheDarkSide, Mar 24, 2012. | Replies: 20 | Views: 4527

1. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

My crazy D3 story predictions

WARNING of SPOILERS below !!!!

YOU WERE WARNED = so read on ......

So I tried to stay spoiler free for the majority of the time that D3 was being developed but ALAS I cratered after I finally got a Beta invite shortly before patch 15 arrived. I do not own any of the books, novels, comics, etc that Blizzard has released and all my speculation comes from stuff I have read on the internetz.

http://www.diablowiki.net/images/0/01/IconAct1Quest10.png

This picture is a quest Icon that was datamined.. To me it looks like a person laying on a funeral pyre thats about to be cremated like they used to do back in the medievil days.. Looks like Cain will indeed DIE in D3.. After watching the Black Soulstone video it makes sense that Leah will indeed be the new focus for character interaction as far as lore goes. Shes trying to figure something out and to me it seems like Cains ideas might finally be making sense for her as she hears Azmodan talk , and then she kneels down and cries at the end realizing all that Cain has been telling her was actually true but she blew it off and didnt believe his crazy ramblings and now she realizes he was right. I dont think she'll be the new Diablo, it would be too obvious of a story plot for them to do that. I do think she will be the new last Horradrim and take over Cains role..

Im still fuzzy on all the details but it seems to me a few things will happen in some sort of order like this ...

The Meteor is Tyreal, Im convinced of this because of some datamined pictures Ive seen and they call him "the Stranger" until after we defeat the Skeleton King. I dont think we know this early in the game but figure it out after we Kill the Skeleton King.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/media/screenshots/?view#/wizard-and-templar-meet-a-stranger ---> Tyreal

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4j6ylr3Yx2yMlyBjoUyOPsJaD89dHuGQhG8w_vGv1NfYZblXy ---> Tyreal

Cain will die early on, perhaps before act 2 (the Book of Cain) suggests this as well. We will then look to Leah for answers which she didnt really believe until Cain bites the dust.

I think Belial will be the young Prince that rules Caldeum in act 2. He is the Lord of Lies and there is a lot of speculation , IE- secluding himself and changing his guards, etc, etc...

Act 3 = we could fight Azmodan at last but Im unceratin of this as of now.

Act 4 = Im totally confused here. The internetz are rampant with talk of Imperious the ticked off Angel decsending upon Sanctuary and destroying everything he can. Im not sure if we'll see him there or if it will be Diablo.. Or perhaps we'll see them both as Blizzard has stated its not just a linear story of act 1 boss, act 2 boss, act 3, etc, etc... Ive seen the datamined images that proves this as well --->

http://media.diablofans.com/images/news/2011/november/d3_bosswindow.jpg

of a lot of different bosses so it appears we will fight many different battles in D3.. IM looking forward to the game and learnnig some of the lore has inspired me to make this post.. If you've made it this far I'll take any cunstructive critiscism/ bashing that may await me...

CHEERS for DIABLO 3 !!!! :thumbsup:
  2. Volpula

Volpula IncGamers Member

Re: My crazy D3 story predictions

These all were discussed before and very well know for a long time now, but thanks anyway.

After Cain's death Abd-al Hazir will be a mainly focused character besides Leah I believe. He's old, knows a lot about Sanctuary's history etc. He can fulfill Cain's role up to some point
  3. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

For act 4 we will be visiting the sacred grounds, so no, I doubt imperius will be attacking sanctuary.

I think it's more like the council has fallen and hell infiltrated the sacred grounds, something along that line.

There are probably plenty of elements not known to us as of now, like the black soulstone which no one would've known existed if Blizzard hadn't release the teaser. I doubt the story is as simple as you think.
  4. TheDarkSide

I hope its full of plenty of twists and turns myself.. After reading more of the lore and background of this game it has SO much potential to be epic if Blizzard chooses to do so. Lets hope they do, Im all in and like a sponge ready to soak it all up..

And yea I know this has been talked about but Im just recapping my thoughts on how it will perhaps go down.. Thanks for the comments though....

:crazyeyes:

5. acceleration turkey

acceleration turkey IncGamers Member

given imperius' presence on the so-called "boss potraits" picture, one wonders if the player will have to fight him. perhaps he will come to earth and angrily lash out at the player for setting in motion something he feels is undesireable, perhaps the player will have to fight him to gain access to heaven since no mortal should ever be allowed to enter, according to him.

but then, the "boss portraits" picture includes cain and what looks like tyrael's human vessel, so one also wonders whether those are all supposed to be bosses. speculating that cain will die coupled with his presence on the "boss portraits" leads one to the silly conclusion that the player will fight and kill cain. if cain is not a boss, we need to consider that other potraits may not necessarily be bosses either, including imperius.
  6. Mage Slayer

Mage Slayer IncGamers Member

They aren't all boss pictures, just pictures of events which take place in special locked-in zones that party players have to opt in to. Those include boss fights (such as SK) but also other events (such as rescuing Cain in the Cathedral).
  7. paxattax

paxattax IncGamers Member

my guess is that leah is diablo!
  8. TheDarkSide

As much as Sheablo has been talked about I just cant see blizzard taking another Kerrigan turn to Evil with a main character. Too many things Ive read suggest Cain will Die, and the Book is almost like him preparing Leah for just that. I see Leah taking over for Cain , Adria on the other hand is a possiblilty I havent quite dismissed..

Like MageSlayer says - The Boss Page does have some bosses but I think also certain plot markers we run into along the way as well.

I do believe Imperious cast Tyreal out of the Heavens for his role with beings of Sanctuary and the Primes planning their capture in the soulstones, hence the Fallen Angel and the meteor. But maybe this is set up so we are meant to believe this and something else happens.

We'll see I guess but its sure fun speculating....

9. marshmallow

marshmallow IncGamers Member

My pet theory is that Leah will end up being a powerful half-demoness, except she'll solely be on humanity's side.
  10. raveharu

In Act 3 there is a map called the Membrane Room, as gross as it sounds, obviously Belial is trying to rebirth something.

Perhaps Leah is used as a vessel to contain the Prime Evils through this rebirth and Belial is trying to control it with the Black Soulstone.
  11. Amarules

Amarules IncGamers Member

Theres so much attention on leah that Adria has stayed largely unmentioned. I think she will have a big feature in the story before D3 is over.

All the talk of female Diablo being Leah, let us remember Adria is just as suspect given she got real nasty and made the beast with two backs with the Dark Lord if you know what Im sayin. I could also see see Blizzard being more willing to kill her off than Cains new understudy and heir to the throne of Tristram.

Then in D4 we can fight the Skeleton Queen!
  12. humungous

humungous IncGamers Member

Not bothering with spoilertags if you've read this far into the thread...

Raveharu, Belial will be dead by the time Act 3 occurs. And Azmodan has no intention whatsoever of raising Diablo...as the Black Soulstone cinematic clearly points out, Azmodan clearly wants to be THE prime evil. Diablo will be brought back to the world by Act 3 end, but I have no idea how.

IMO it would be REALLY lame for Leah, a 20-something girl, to be Diablo's host. Reasons why I don't think this will be the case:
    (1) She's much weaker than the last host, the warrior from D1. Surely Blizzard will not have us fighting a weaker form of Diablo compared to D1 and D2???
    (2) Leo and Kevin Martens hinted a bit at the "true form" of Diablo at the Lore Panel this year. Given the slim, spiky design, it would be great if Diablo gets some sort of spiky, slithery lizard-like true form.
    (3) Some datamined zombie-fied image of Leah...yeah she'll probably be corrupted and die (which I sort of don't mind, she's too whiny)...but that should put to rest the theory that she's big D.
  13. raveharu

My bad, I mean Azmodan not Belial.
  14. Edna

Edna IncGamers Member

[​IMG]This picture is a quest Icon that was datamined.
  15. Autti

Autti IncGamers Member

those "boss icons" in the first post don't make sense as cain is in one.

On a positive note it confirms the butcher is coming back.

The axe in the top right matches the legendary called the butchers blade (IRC)
  16. droppin

droppin IncGamers Member

I maintain that "female Diablo" is either of 2 things. The purged form of Lilith or Lilith+Diablo. I sure hope that isn't the final form of Diablo cause checking out the boobs on the Lord of Terror isn't exactly fear inducing. Them hips don't lie.
  17. Cipherthros

Cipherthros IncGamers Member

I'm not at all convinced that Leah is going to be the next Diablo. I think Blizzard are trying to throw us of the trail by dropping subtle hints with that one. Another theory that has recently come to mind regarding the female form of Diablo.

In some of the photos shown of Diablo's development in this game, he looks almost angel-like with a blue glow. Perhaps they changed this as it looked too spoilery. But it could well suggest he actual possesses an angel. & if it's a female angel this could well be Auriel!
  18. Risingred

Risingred IncGamers Member

All of this has been well-known for a long time now. Read any of the datamining spoiler threads.
  19. humungous

humungous IncGamers Member

@Risingred: Is the fate of Leah mentioned specifically anywhere??
  20. Franceso

Franceso IncGamers Member

[​IMG]This picture is a quest Icon that was datamined.