Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

My archon wizard is too powerfull

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by Moonie, Jan 14, 2013. | Replies: 7 | Views: 3082

1. Moonie

Moonie IncGamers Member

Every time you kill a mob, it adds one second to the duration of your archon. When I start a run, I turn on my archon and it doenst run out, before the run is over. This is nice, or is it?

Since im in archon form all the time, I cant reactivate force weapon, familiar, storm armor - this will reduce my dps, life leach and movement speed.

So i've been fooling around with options, like killing myself at a waypoint, just to reactivating my skills. But it just feels like an foolish way to deal with this dilemma. I could pump up the moster power even more, but dunno about that yet :)

Any other wizard out there with this kind of problem?

Could be awesome, if a patch came around and made it possible to toggle out of archon, in stead of waiting 3 minutes in duration or killing yourself.

My build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Moonie-2222/hero/20559033
  2. Sakris

Sakris IncGamers Member

Not sure but I think its possible to cancel buffs by right clicking on their icons in the buffbar.
  3. Moonie

Moonie IncGamers Member

If this is the case - I feel stupid :) Im going to test this, after work (7 hours to go)
  4. InteNuIgen

InteNuIgen IncGamers Site Pal

As Sakris said, if you right-click on the archon icon it will de-activate and allow you to re-buff.
    You will loose any extra time gathered though, and re-start on 15 seconds.
    This is why i never do this - i kill stuff almost as fast (on MP0 where i farm) with or without buffs so for me it would not be worth it to re-buff
  5. Moonie

Moonie IncGamers Member

Thanks for the feedback :)

This is soo cool and powerfull. I can now toggle out when I see reflect damage enemys and pwn them with diamond skin :D Also resetting my buffs when I need to. Awesome awesome.
  6. Tombat

Tombat IncGamers Member

Farming solo MP1 I run out of force weapon, storm/or prismatic armor and familiar, and used to unbuff archon by right-click. But in fact now most of the time I just do not unbuff nor loose archon shape all over one stage and still kill the stuff w/o troubles...so I am thinking to replace these skills for others that dont need rebuff but cannot find any usefull....someone else is at the same point?

And my damage is just 180k buffed.
  7. InteNuIgen

InteNuIgen IncGamers Site Pal

I am there as well... got 155k buffed and do an entire run (20 minutes) without dropping archon.
    Wish i could switch 2 active for 1 passive :)
  8. Moonie

Moonie IncGamers Member

But the movement speed from scramble and the life leach from force weapon is sooo nice. Alkizer run (or what his name is) takes me 10 min - also using teleporting archon. I cant wait for CC to work with archon teleport!