Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

MVP Drothvader suggests that Blizzard sells perfectly-rolled items @ New BoA AH

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by PearlOrion, Mar 8, 2013. | Replies: 18 | Views: 2555

1. PearlOrion

PearlOrion IncGamers Member

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8177537865

2. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

Worst idea I've read in a long time.

This will make the game pay2win. People will buy billions of cheap gold from botters and just get the best items, lose interest in the game after a few weeks and quit entirely.
  3. Ivan E

Ivan E IncGamers Member

So, he's annoyed that it's hard to amass gold without using the AH, but his solution is a roundabout way of introducing a gold sink?

Dude, why not just lower crafting costs, since that's the only thing you need gold for that isn't the AH? With the increased gem recipe drop rate I'm now always broke trying to upgrade my gems, which get really expensive in terms of gold, really quickly. If I were selling stuff on the AH it would be a pittance to upgrade gems, but since I'm not, the crafting costs do seem high. But I don't think the solution to this is to introduce another AH method...
  4. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

horrible, just like his characters. Next.
  5. SteveG

SteveG IncGamers Member

Wow. So instead of D3 being ambiguously pay-2-win, Drothvader wants it to actually be pay-2-win? What a horrible idea.
  6. Katniss

Katniss IncGamers Member

Yeah, I have to say that I really dislike this idea.
  7. Dogbert

Dogbert IncGamers Member

Sounds like a great idea. But what does Boa mean?
  8. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

bind on account
  9. PearlJamaholic

PearlJamaholic IncGamers Member

This could be a neat idea if really limited. like once a week the auction opens for a few hours, or only a small amount of each legendary is sold. Blizzard could list the stuff a head of time so those with the gold could plan out, a monthly listings chart or something.

"SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! these perfect items will go on sale, one time only to get a perfect rolled (item name)"

this wouldnt be much of a gold sink cause of the rarity, and its not really play to win since only a handful will ever get them, but it may finally give the AH something to base item values from. if the perfect item sold for X and this one is missing this stat or that stat we'd have a good gauge cause we'd know what people are paying for perfects. blizzard could showcase it so it would be very helpful for everyone.
  10. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

11. DickScotchfist

DickScotchfist <font color=#168A19>PoE Moderator</font>

I support this opinion.
  12. Quingu

Quingu Banned

Yeah. They should also sell "Elixirs of Experience", which make you level 100x faster for 24 hours. Now, you level to 60 in one hour, then you buy all the perfect BiS gear and... hmmm... probably run a bot to make some money. No reason to play the game, tough. XD
  13. FluffyTheFluffer

FluffyTheFluffer IncGamers Member

Careful, you might give Bobby K ideas...
  14. Dogbert

Dogbert IncGamers Member

There is already items like that in all mmo games. It's old news.
  15. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

Really? I'm happy I quitted playing online games a long time ago.
  16. Chiron

Chiron IncGamers Member

I'd like to remind everybody that there is no "win" in D3. So it cannot be "pay2win". Why would I or anyone else care if somebody buys all their gear with real money?

I don't really care if the idea presented in OP would be implemented or not but I think we'll never see it in the game anyway.
  17. RazeBarb

RazeBarb IncGamers Member

Maybe not now, but since they're working on a real PVP this time, it would become instantly p2w.
  18. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

There most certainly is a "win" that is: getting more wealth relativelly to the community - THUS getting richer. (If you amass items/coins slower than the average player in the long run you can afford less and less)..

Such a suggestion would really skew this competition over to those who have more real life benefits. (IE children who don't have to pay for a living yet).
  19. sneakytails

sneakytails IncGamers Member

I dunno, the only way you can afford less is for a player to try and move into the top 25% of the player-base very quickly. Even then its debate able right now in D3. Prices are down on everything but the most elite gear.

Entry level gear right now is super cheap, now is the time for newbies on the AH, there is virtually no competition right now. Its cheaper than ever to work your way up to good gear. By good gear I mean gear you would have never been able to afford the first few months, gear you could finish the game with while using your own gold you found along the way.

The problem is most players are high level right now with lots of competition for the high end stuff.

Major patches and/or a successful expansion should bring in more players and prices should rise even for the entry level gear. Might even actually be able to sell it on the AH regularly.

In every game there will be groups of players that are "elite" with the best stuff at the most expense or value. Some buy it, some find it, either way it doesn't bother me.

Once the game gets to a point where a average player can craft/re-roll items and do other things to get the needed stats for a build then this game will really take off. Self found is also a future goal for me as well. That's true joy right there. Finding everything and building everything yourself.