Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Multiplayer Game names and such?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by seripham, Nov 20, 2012. | Replies: 20 | Views: 1618

1. seripham

seripham IncGamers Member

Any word on bringing this back? I haven't seen this talked about much on the boards. It stinks to want to make a multiplayer key run game or uber run game and you never know if the players joining are coming for straight runs or leveling, or maybe even there for the quests. And vice-versa. It was so nice in D-2 if you wanted to do a "Chaos run" you could just search it and join. Now you never know what the players your joining with are there for, until you join, ask, then find out that because you wanted to stop for key warden and need 1 more nv stack that you'll have to do it by yourself because the others are on their way to (fill in the blank).
  2. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

The in-game friends system is much, much better than in D2, and I suppose the devs think this makes up for that. If you want to key run a group, start a key running group. Try the player matchup forum.
  3. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

yet you can't use the ingame chat to organize the group. Such a group would have more than 4 members, better would be like 40 to constantly do runs. With a group this size you need a good chat to actually start a run, and ingame is the best option(other option would be mainly voicechat).
  4. SnickerSnack

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean to address the OP?
  5. Cpdoom

Cpdoom IncGamers Member

Why do you need 40, and why do you need to "constantly" do runs? It's not like more than 4 people can do the Ãœbers anyway. Doesn't it make more sense to be in a group of 4 and farm the keys you need to open 3 portals.
  6. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

Because 4 are never online at the same moment? Even if everyone played 2 hours daily and you made sure you're all from say europe & online during the evening, that's still only a 50% chance that you will be all 4 online together. Let alone be all AT THE START of a session online together.
  7. SnickerSnack

Shouting. Very classy.

Maybe you should give the topic some thought before posting anymore. You aren't saying anything related to what the OP asked.
  8. Cpdoom

Cpdoom IncGamers Member

Oh. I do runs with the same 3-4 people all the time, but I guess that's not too common. Anyway I've seen many people looking for other people for übers in various chat channels in game. It's probably not as good as a channel in D2 was though. I still don't think you need 40 people though, I mean people killing übers need a certain quality of gear(if you want to kill them at at least MP5) and thus time investment. But still I consider named games preferable to the auto-join thing that is currently used, eventhough I always either play alone or with friends, never with strangers.
  9. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

I did say something in response to you: you said that the necessity for named games is not needed as chat is very well in the game. I simply state that it is needed, unless chat gets improved (so you can make your own rooms).
  10. SnickerSnack

Sigh. OP asked about why there are no named games. I suggested that maybe the devs thought the improved chat was enough. Do you even read the whole thread before posting?

Also notice how I was trying to help the OP....
  11. InsaneAction

InsaneAction IncGamers Member

I remember looking for that A1Q1 or CowRun### game name in D2...

In Diablo3 I know if I join a public game it's a straight through rush to the end. No stopping, no waiting, no F###s given. If you need to clean stash you port to town and Inv to Stash dump and run back so you don't miss the next pack. The only thing I see in the way of "teamwork" in a D3 Public game is people will stop to Rez you... sometimes... That's about it.

I do agree that having the "Multiplayer game names" back would be great but I don't think it would work as a Public game. More so an Open-for-people-on-your-friends-list public game...
  12. Nodders

Nodders IncGamers Member

Except for me , I had a dozen or so friends at the start , now , the last one has'nt logged in for over a month . We are talking real life friends too , all had enough .
  13. SnickerSnack

Please don't misquote me (or anyone). The first sentence had more to it, and the second sentence was a separate idea. This forum has a player matchup forum where you can find active players to add to your friends list.
  14. beingmused

beingmused IncGamers Member

It would be nice if they changed the multiplayer game selection options - but not to the D2's system. 9 times out of 10 the name that was "given" to a game was either outdated (you'd join "Save Cain!! Nightmare" and everyone would be in act2 already), or misleading entirely, and when you'd enter people would be begging for free stuff or runs or griefing or whatever. I'd rather see a system where you select an act, select a range of MP you're willing to play, (assuming MP is added to public games), and then you can view the list of games going on. There should be a drop down box where the game's creator selects the purpose of the game "farming/xp/questing/key farming/ubers".
  15. Dogbert

Dogbert IncGamers Member

I know what you mean. In d2 i was in some cow running group channel on IRC. 40 people or so is a nice number to keep the games running. But then we had 8 players in each party. Could probably do with less people today.

A very good idea. One you should forward to the right people.
  16. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

The /1 and /2 channels work quite well in D3. I can get a keyrunning grp in ~10 minutes. If you run with SPECIFIC people, there is always the chance that they aren't playing. So what?

Also, the idea by beingused is a good one.

Custom games would also present the issue of having, for example, 2000 games up at the same time. Try finding a game from there :D

I think chat channels, party system and the 3rd party ways like IRC & Player Matchup forums work well enough, so named custom games would be just gravy.

The public games in D3 work just like Baalruns worked.
  17. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

This is another area where Blizz went backwards. The d2 system was much much better than what they do in d3. And Blizz actually thinks d3 is a step forward. Doh! That's how you can tell Blizz is in for a world of humble pie when they release their first xpac and sales are awful.
  18. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

The old system was terrible, not everyone has the time to constantly refresh and find suitable game names.

Trading was hell and you had to fast spam click certain game names if not you will end up wasting 2 mins of your time staring at a black screen with the words "fail to join game".

The new system is by fair leaps and bounds better, it's fast, efficient and straight to the point.
  19. Fizoo

Fizoo IncGamers Member

By any measure, D2 was one of the greatest games of all time. You just make yourself look foolish by calling d2 terrible.
  20. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

And you misunderstand him. He does not call D2 terrible, rather calls one of the functions of D2 terrible.