Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

MP thread

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Thyiad, May 15, 2012. | Replies: 29 | Views: 3489

1. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Not sure if this is needed/wanted. I'll leave it up for a bit and see how it goes.
  2. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

3. NacRuno

NacRuno IncGamers Site Pal

Anybody interested in starting out a single-pass co-op group from lvl-1 to (and hopefully through) inferno difficulty?

I am playing on US servers and on EST time. Every Mon to Thursday after 9pm works for me and I will definitely be playing much more than that these couple weeks. Post here or add me in-game if you are interested.

<---- Battle Tag
  4. Kitteh

5. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

Are you summer time or double summer time? (Yeah, I didn't know that was even a thing.)

EST DST is UTC-4, so if you're in summer time, 9 pm on the east coast of the US is 2 am in England.
  6. Kitteh

7. Grisu

Grisu IncGamers Member

Won't be happening for me either :crazyeyes:
  8. NacRuno

NacRuno IncGamers Site Pal

Yeah, I do not think we can work it out with you EU folks. My times are more flexible than that right now but I will be limited to 9pm+ again after 2 weeks. And I feel it would take much more than 2 weeks to tackle inferno difficulty.

Thanks for the try though =).
  9. BaronScarpia

BaronScarpia IncGamers Member

I'm playing almost the same time (I'm GMT -3 btw) and I'm interested in MP. Can I add you in game?
  10. SiTro

SiTro IncGamers Member

Any EU SPF members up for occasional co-op if/when spotted online? (So, fairly casual then.)

BattleTag: SiTro#2434
  11. ThunderCat

ThunderCat IncGamers Member

I'm looking for EU companions for my Demon Hunter on Inferno (ThunderCat#2247).
  12. TheReadMenace

TheReadMenace IncGamers Member

Anyone else an achievement hunter like myself? There's a set of four that I'm particularly interested in getting, specifically to beat each act in under an hour.

I'm under the impression that it can work by taking high level characters back to the start of Normal difficulty; I may be wrong, so I'm looking into this assumption. I also believe that it would be much easier to get these achievements by working in a coordinated group.

So, if there's two or three people out there who'd like to join my clvl53 DH in getting this achievement & have characters that are in Hell or Inferno (late NM might do in a pinch), I'd love to be able to set aside some time to make an attempt at these runs. We'd also have the added bonus of getting many more achieves during these runs. Killing all the zombie at the gate, quick kill the SK, rescuing the ghostly prisoners, disrupt the cultists in Act II... and if someone's willing to supply enough pink dye, we could get that, too.

I play on the EU servers, so my apologies that I'm excluding everyone on the Americas. However, if NA folks wanna start up their own group, that'd be cool to see some folks get motivated to try this out!

I've been coming up with some tips and tricks that will make us an organized unit, including:
    No extra areas or extraneous quests, naturally
    Split up as often as you can when looking for random objectives/entryways to new areas
    Tackle multi-part quests in separate groups (Searching the three tombs for the SK crown or Kulle's two body parts, for example)
    One person is a designated as the quest turner inner while others continue toward the next objective 'blind.'
    Use a Town Portal then Banner to the furthest member often
    Equip FRW boots if possible
    Use skills that increase movement speed if available
    Use AoE attacks to clear out pathways
    Pick up nothing along the way
    Monks may not be a good idea without a solid way to regen their resource easily/naturally, but I'm not going to exclude them if that's what we've got to work with since their first passive is 10% increased movement speed

My hours for availability are wonky since I live in the US. Generally, I'm available weekdays from 1-7pm GMT, where Fridays can be extended potentially. Weekends are pretty iffy, but this coming weekend is completely free.

Simply state here that you're interested and I'll drop you a PM with my battletag. Remember, we're investing about an hour at a time, so semi-serious players should apply. If it's deemed necessary (or just plain cool), I'm also available for Skype chat during our runs to try and have lightning quick communication.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see some folks in game sometime in the near future!
    -TRM
  13. ThunderCat

I haven't tried doing it on normal with my Demon Hunter, but I'm pretty confident it's possible.

Drop me a PM and we can set it up. The two of us should be able to do it.
  14. TheReadMenace

Excellent, glad to have someone on board! I'll send ya a quick PM when I get home from work in a couple hours.

As a kind of test, we can try Act IV first since it's easily the shortest act in the game. It's a good way to see if high level characters can go back to earlier difficulties and still get the achievement.

I'll refrain from starting ASAP, though, just in case anyone else wants to join in the fun for pointless cheeve points. I might be able to convince Pijus or Fast Eddie to join in, so long as we can find a day where we're all available. FastE thinks he's free Thursday...
  15. ThunderCat

I'd be more than happy to go back and do it again if anyone needs a hand.
  16. TheReadMenace

Well, ThunderCat and I teamed up for our speed runs yesterday. With some foresight and planning, it actually went pretty quickly. It was also pretty fun. Not only because we felt like gods after one-shotting everything (except treasure goblins... crazy damage limitations on those buggers), but also to meet up and chat D3 with someone I hadn't conversed with from the SPF.

A big thanks to TC! Achievement get!! :highfive:
  17. ThunderCat

Indeed.

Nicely done.
  18. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack IncGamers Member

I'm looking for someone having trouble in act 2 to work together to tackle it. I don't want a rush of any kind. I realize that two people who can't quite tackle act 2 separate might more have trouble with act 2 together, but, well, I want to try.

I'm in NA, battletag mordell#1747.

I use the GAH (sparingly) and although I am set up to use the RMAH, I don't buy from it, it's only for selling later on.

My most capable character is a frenzy/charge/sprint barb with ~60% mf. He can survive just fine except for elites. He runs rough-shod over act 1, so I'm getting bored there. I could just buy getter gear on the GAH, but that's not the way I want to play.
  19. TheReadMenace

Bummer. We're in the same boat: pretty strong characters waiting to tackle the challenge of Act II. We take our time and we like to play with self-found gear. What's more, we live two hours apart and you're one of the guys I respect the most 'round the SPF.

And yet... it's not meant to be. Our characters are separated by an ocean. This is probably the first time I've ever lamented the fact that I play on the EU servers.

Good luck, man. May all your drops be the elites you battle and not your Barbarian.
  20. ThaTroll

ThaTroll IncGamers Member

SnickerSnack, my buddy and I (monk and DH mainly) are currently starting slow progress in Act II while farming Act I. Neither of us have used items from the AH yet. You're welcome to drop in sometime (DerConqueror#1473). We typically play a few times a week somewhere in the 8pm-1am EST range.