Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Most recent V/T guide?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by uptoolayte, Sep 30, 2006. | Replies: 12 | Views: 58396

1. uptoolayte

uptoolayte IncGamers Member

Most recent V/T guide?

I've looked at the sticky, and it seems rather outdated. I've also searched for V/T but get NO results.
    Can anyone give me a link or a quick rundown of the build.
    Thanks!
  2. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

I can tell you about my v/t. I went mainly with smite and use foh as a backup skill.

I went base str by useing a mp engima, and I have just enough dex for max block for those barbs and zons, then the rest into vita. As far as gear:
    shako 'ber'
    maras
    grief zerk
    mp nigma
    up'd hoz 'ber'
    20%ias +str gloves (+str and +dex would have been nicer espically if they had life)
    15%dr dungos
    +65 life waterwalks
    Charms:
    9x pally combat lifers (trying to get all 30+'s but right now 25/27/29/30/33/34/34/38/45)
    torch/anni
    10x life/res sc's

on switch:
    cta in a +2foh/+2conv scepter + spirit(been thinking about replaceing with hoz for more foh dmg but a little less life from 2 lvls lower bo)

I smite with griez/up'd hoz and when I want to foh I just have to hit 1 button (w to switch to cta/spirit) and I will have foh on the left click conv on the right (beats messing around with a couple hotkeys switching from smite to foh and fanta to conv)

As for skills since I focused on smite:
    I maxed smite, fanta, holy shield, put 1pt into salvation, and the rest into foh and holyshock (used the link in the sticky to find how how much do put into each.)

The end result is:
    3.3k smite dmg, 4.5k life, 49%dr, max block, 4k foh with lvl 18 conv
  3. uptoolayte

Would a COA ber ber be better? And is more pcombats more important or more life +res charms?
  4. WackoJacko

WackoJacko Banned

coa is not good for a v/t the mana and life are mor imprtant than the dr(which u can have 49% w/o coa) and fhr as this will probably be used in pub duels more than clan duels. also coh would be much better than nigma for the res(which u will need to duel other v/t's)

CoH- 20str+20str+20str+15str+15str+20str+25+2+5= 142 str. also if u use bp nigma to glitch on ur gear and eth non up'd hoz u could easly use str glitch. if u do this u should not use anni as the extra str will cause u to not look glitched (prolly better to not do this)

Use 2 ravens for the dex which helps w/ pb as well as max block. w/ the build i use i can get 4.9k life w/ my 4/5/3 cta.

imo i would use 5 life/res sc's and 5 3/20/20's to deal w/ casters that stack res/sorb. 9pcombs w/ 40 life is best but if u are more of a tank build use 2-4 pcombs and the rest life/res. it's very hard to kill a v/t w/ stacked res.

edit: the gear i used to get that str is - 25 base+torch+anni+CoH+hoz+dracs+sandtreks+shako+mara's
  5. uptoolayte

What good is COH for? Resists? My +20 life/res charms scs give me +60 res to cold and fire and +40 res lightning. Its got less Str, Less def, NO teleport, and no life bonus. I don't get it.
  6. MysticDragon

MysticDragon IncGamers Member

Do you have max block on the switch? I'm wondering. I found it easier to just switch to the hotkeys. You lose out on a bit of DR and defense. Maybe it's just my dueling strategy.
  7. uptoolayte

So do you switch shield and weapons to use FOH then switch back for smite, while also switching hotkeys from FOH conviction to smite fanat??
  8. MysticDragon

MysticDragon IncGamers Member

I usually keep my normal gear on and don't switch. I just press the hotkeys for FoH and Conviction. I find it much easier to do. It depends on what you are used to.
  9. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

I still keep my normal gear on. What I do is smite with grief then when I want to use foh I just hit the weapon switch key (w for me) and foh with my cta. After I bo myself I hit the hotkey for conviction so I can smite with grief and hoz then with the push of only 1 button I switch to cta and already have foh on the left click and conviction on the right. I just found it easier for me to switch between smite/fanta and foh/conv that way. The other reason I like this is I never put any points into conv so the only way I can use it is if I have my cta out, then I have a lvl 18 conv without spending a single point in it. Also compare the damage between when I foh with greif on and when when I switch to cta.
  10. WackoJacko

WackoJacko Banned

the res will prolly save u against a decent v/t or caster (mostly for pub i duels i think). plus if u are v/t wtf u need tele for? u have to put atleast 1 point into charge y not use it? lastly it's the way u build your char and which armour u prefer.

the calculations from coh res on basic smiter and v/t set up- 65+50+50(10 life/res sc's)+20+20+30+60(quest) = 295

vs max conv=295-150-(facets)= about 85 res left most likely less depending on how many facets are used.
  11. uptoolayte

Bump for more input. Thanks to all who posted.
  12. Pravda

Pravda IncGamers Member

If you're referring to my guide it can still be used. If you're going to duel vs all then I'd recommend the following skill allocation:

20 smite
    20 fana
    1 holy shield
    25 conviction with gear
    rest in holy shock/foh
    1 vigor
    1 med

the following setup is pretty useful for ffa and team dueling since it gives a good balance between good resists, fcr, and dr.

15/30 coa berber
    enigma
    +2 ammy
    grief
    spirit
    raven
    bk ring or wisp
    d2c boots
    arach

7-9 pcombats
    rest 20 lifer with cold or light res
    Anni
    Torch
  13. ashtonkutcher

ashtonkutcher IncGamers Member

when you switch to spirit you lose dr/block/def/dmg and that gets you killed vs bvc etc.

This is not hard for me -

a- charge
    s- smite
    d- fanat
    f- foh
    v- convic
    c- tele
    g- hf
    w- switch
    e- holy shock
    z- zeal
    q- throw