Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Most important stat points and a question about weapons;

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Killboy, Sep 4, 2013. | Replies: 1 | Views: 3197

1. Killboy

Killboy IncGamers Member

It's a solo Necro; no curses, only bone/poison/summon. Based off of that, how should I divide my stat points? How important is Strength? Dexterity? Also; what kind of weapons should my Necro use, if not just keep getting better wands after they drop? :thumbup:
  2. Namtar

Namtar IncGamers Member

Well, I'm not sure why you wouldn't use curses, or at least Amplify Damage, which is available with no pre-reqs and is the best tool for enhancing damage from your skeletons and your Corpse Explosion. It's such a one-point wonder, but anyway...

Strength: enough to wear your gear
    Dexterity: enough to wear your gear and, if you can get a good shield, enough for max block
    Vitality: everything else
    Energy: none

That's pretty standard. The exact strength and dexterity numbers will vary depending on equipment, and investing in max block, if applicable, will take more dexterity (but can be worth it).

For weapons, it depends on what you want to do, but if you're starting out, wands are probably your best bet. A summoner is the easiest necro to start out with and isn't really dependent on gear. All that requires is maxing Raise Skeleton, Skeleton Mastery, and Corpse Explosion, usually Skeletal Mage too, with some points into curses, golems, and such. Look for items with +skills particularly, although some defense helps too.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013