Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

More info about superior items needed

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Villesmerf, Jun 17, 2007. | Replies: 7 | Views: 7766

1. Villesmerf

Villesmerf IncGamers Member

More info about superior items needed

Well, I have browsed through Arreat Summit and diabloii.net items database (and used google search engine) and couldn't find what i need.
    To make it simple, superior item is "extended" version of normal (non-magic) item. Superior armour can have improved Defense and/or Durability, up to 15% both (let me know, if I'm wrong). Superior weapons can have improved Damage, Durability (again up to 15% both?) and/or Chance to Hit (AR) -but what is the max value for non-magic weapon?
    Again, superior items can have "repair 1 durability in xx seconds". What is the range of xx?
    Again, some of class-specified items can have extra mods, when superior. E.g. Paladin shields can be found with "all resistance +xx%" and/or "+xx to AR" -what are max values of xx? Or where can I find answers? I hope someone of You know :smiley:

Simply I'm looking for weapons/shield to make some runewords, to get best possible (theoretically) stats; e.g. ethereal superior war pike with 15% enhanced damage AND "xx to AR" AND "repair 1 durability in xx seconds" :evil: -so I'd like to know some values...
    Thx in advance:thumbsup:

2. stfrn

stfrn IncGamers Member

3. Villesmerf

Villesmerf IncGamers Member

Thanks, part of my problems is solved :thumbsup:
    Well, I based on this:
    found here: http://www.diabloii.net/items/ethereal.shtml. But now I see, that this text hasn't been updated since 1.09 :undecided:

4. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

That wasn't possible on grey items in 1.09 (or any other patch) either. It's poorly explained perhaps, but "ethereal" can be any quality item except set or crafted.

EDIT: Also low quality items (cracked, crude, etc) can't be ethereal either.

5. yiuman

yiuman IncGamers Member

I can help you out here: that quote means that you can get a self-repair on a magic/rare/unique ethereal item. A plain non-magic item can be ethereal but it will never have a self-repair mod (unless of course you put in a RW with self-repair in it).

The best auto-mods on paladin shields are 45% all res, or 65%ED and 121AR (the res ones are generally more sought after than the ED ones)
    On amazon weapons +3bow skills or +3jav skills respectively.
    The other class specific weapons can have up to 3 skill bonuses made up of a combination of up +3 for an idividual skill +3(I think) to a skill tree, or +2 all skills.

The best combo of skills depends on the build in question.

As to superior AR on weapons, I don't know, but I don't recall ever seeing one over 10. In any case, the AR on a superior weapon is the least important thing to worry about.

6. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

You're confusing automods and staffmods and magical bonuses.

The Paladin shield and Amazon weapon bonuses you mentioned are automods. +life/mana on Sorceress Orbs and +poison damage on Necromancer heads are also automods.

+individual skills on wands, scepters, staves, orbs, pelts, heads, katars, and barbarian helms are all staffmods. You can get up to 3 staffmods at +1, +2 or +3. Not all skills are normally available on all items (ex: combat skills other than leap on barb helms, holy shield on a scepter, and poison dagger on a wand).

+2 character skills and +3 tree are magical affixes.

7. yiuman

yiuman IncGamers Member

You are correct about automods and staffmods being different but I was trying to answer the OPs sentiment:

Which in the case of barb helms etc would mean staff mods not automods and so I answered that.

To complete the automods bit: Necro-heads can get up to 25-50 poison damage over 4 seconds
    Sorc orbs can get up to 60life or 80mana
    but as these pale into insignificance compared to the staffmods... I guess the theoretical best would have the max life/mana too, but the Pdamage is useless to any but a Pdaggermancer and even then its not going to make a huge difference

As to some skills not being available, that depends on which patch you are talking about :grin: I play 1.07 and you can get everything there. I have a rather sweet helm with +5 to WW(IIRC).

You could well be right about the +2char skills and +3 tree being magical affixes (although I was sure I've seen some +tree skills on white items - maybe from an earlier patch? I'll have to check my stash when I get home).

8. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

I have a +3 WC +2 WW +1 Increased Stamina 3s helm. It's filled with PAmethysts atm to twink. BTW, it's a 1.11b drop.

EDIT: WTF am I thinking. Atma readout:

Gemmed Lion Helm
    Defense: 63
    Durability: 21 of 35
    (Barbarian Only)
    Required Strength: 73
    Required Level: 30
    Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
    Item Level: 41
    Fingerprint: 0x79676de8
    +30 to Strength
    +3 to War Cry (Barbarian Only)
    +2 to Whirlwind (Barbarian Only)
    +1 to Increased Stamina (Barbarian Only)
    Socketed (3: 3 used)