Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

More discussion about ladder reset.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by hoilori, Apr 20, 2013. | Replies: 11 | Views: 2297

1. hoilori

hoilori IncGamers Member

Ladder reset is probably coming after 6th of may (it was 2nd of may last year) and everyone must be quite excited!

I'm going to build a blizzard sorceress as soon as possible after the reset. She will be running Act bosses and ancient tunnels(No cold immunes). After gathering some wealth, I'll try build a hammerdin(it's so op in hell runs)

And later I will accomplish my dream on this ladder: a hell viable lightning sorc. This dream got crashed last ladder because my new pc stopped running diablo II suddenly. After I got it running again it was already so late in ladder and I hadn't accomplished much yet. So I just let it be. But this ladder I will be succesful :)

What are your plans?
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  2. Hdefte

Hdefte IncGamers Member

I have agreed with some of my friends, to have a small lan party when the ladder resets.

I will be starting an Amazon, with Thunder fury, and freezing arrow as backup for those LI. Plus that im going to convince that one of them are going to play a barb/druid, so we can get som +life when we are leveling through the content. :)
  3. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

It was 6th of November last year. ;)

Blizzard Sorc -> JavaZon -> Smiter -> Something crazy. Like Dual Dream ESSorc.
  4. Hdefte

Hdefte IncGamers Member

But is anything confirmed from blizzard, when the ladder will reset, or is it just community speculation? :)
  5. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Its confirmed that the ladder 10 was ~6 months long. And it is confirmed that the present and future ladders will be aswell.

However, there is no date for reset just yet! Last time they were 1-2 weeks ahead, with the announcement.
    Which should be about now!

:thumbup:

Peace
  6. hoilori

hoilori IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure there was one in may too. Last one was in November though.
  7. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Yeah ladder 9 ended somewhere in May last year. Ladder 10. The first ladder in years I didnt play d2.
    I played d3 then.. And got a nasty sickness from it.. The cure however, was D2!

;)
  8. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

D3 gave me cancer (just kiddin' - it gave me HIV :p)

Edit: Now if boredom and disappointment could kill, H1N1'd have nothing on good ol' Blizz. It kinda mars the experience of playing D2, too, since you can't help but think: 'what if... What if they had kept the core mechanics and improved upon them, and simply updated the graphics and the combat feel?'. D2's old-time clunkiness is clearly the lesser evil between it and D3's soulless corporate blandness... But it sure is clunky by modern standards.
  9. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

What's the damage output of the DDESS you're aiming for?
    What backup attack skill will you be using for those lightning imuuns?
    Will you be using primairily the shock attack from the auras, or a melee attack to kill?
  10. Erfel

Erfel IncGamers Member

I'll be playing with 2 friends.
    They will create 2 sorceress, for boss build and key runs, and i will make a smiter for torch sell... at the beginning of ladder this seems to be a great way to get rich :)

After that, when we will be rich enough, i'm gonna start again with my strange builds... less used, the best! My friends instead will probably stop playing and will give all their wealth to me :p
  11. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Either Zeal or nrmal attack in Bear form! ;)

20p in Lightning Mastery adds a HUGE amount of dmg. Lightning immunes will be killed with the help from a merc, and possibly Frozen Orb.

20p Light Mastery
    20p Warmth
    20p Telekinesis
    10-15p Energy shield (Depends on how many +skills I can get)
    Rest in FO! ;)
  12. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

Manaburners always made short work of my ES Sorcs. With a Dreamer the problem is even more pronounced since you have to get close to the mobs. I don't recall if I ever got around to making that high-defense Guardian Angel Dream Sorc I dreamed about. You'd forego ES and FO in favor of Enchant and FM... Then use an up'd GA + Defiance merc (+ maybe Cold Armor) for some godly defense (15k+) and go max block. I don't remember precisely what the hiccup was... Perhaps it was before respecs and I simply didn't have the patience to level another char. You'd also need a nice jewel in the GA to make it work (-15% req/15@res ideally), and some nice res/life charms.

Edit: Hmm now I'm tempted to make a Sorc first and respec to try this later... Dammit, it's always like this: you always want to make yet another char in D2 to test some theoretical gear/skill combo, and before you know it, those 'modest few hours' a week you meant to play have ballooned into a full 60 hour / week bonanza. :p Not sure if this counts as a bad side or good... Probably both (depending on your life situation).