Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

morals about gold exchange of this forum

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by mesafalcon, Oct 28, 2012. | Replies: 20 | Views: 1969

1. mesafalcon

mesafalcon IncGamers Member

So...

I see many ppl are trading SC gold for HC gold. It also appears there are mixed feelings about it.

Now... if i had no SC gold I'd be yelling "no way" this taints HC and doesn't ruin it but, ya, HC is not as good if ppl just trade currency cause of course they can buy gold via sc and essentially be buying HC gold. I get it, it taints the HC experience.

Now... here's the thing, I just sold off mostly all my SC stuff and I have 250 mil in SC gold. I can't sell it for real money cause A) I don't want to at the low rate it is and B) I don't have a credit card to make a pay pal account and Im not for this reason

so, with ppl in my situation with a very large amount I sc gold that don't wanna play sc anymore, is the suggestion to let the gold sit there? 250 mil? for this reason I'm on the fence. no way I'm letting 250 mil rot or save "in case" SC gets good..

the main question is, how does this community feel about trading your SC gold for HC gold?

any thoughts comments or your general thoughts on exchange would be appreciated.

** damn phone "morales about gold exchange ON this forum." anytime you poke fun at grammar ppl remember there's an iPhone out there that auto corrects strange sometimes (^ー^)ノ

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  2. Chaosmage

Chaosmage IncGamers Member

Re: morales about gold exchange of this forum

You don't need a credit card to make a paypal account, at least for non-recuring payments.

What you can do however, if you don't play anymore is sell your whole account and the game, which I were doing if I were in that situation...

3. mesafalcon

Chaos I apologize for the confusion...

I quit SoftCore... play D3 4 hours a day

now i have 250 mil of SC gold sitting there, I dont think I'll ever find a reason to play SC again.. even if i had paypal, i wouldnt sell it at 25 cent a mil... i live in japan, id get even less than 25 cent. no way...

so, if i dont exchange that gold, theres nothing to do with it

4. Chaosmage

Chaosmage IncGamers Member

Ah, in that case, what should be the problem with trading it for HC gold? That you can buy SC on the rmah?
    Isn't that what the reduced rates are partially for?

5. mesafalcon

There is no problem really, the Blizzard thread has a split community, some ppl for it and some against.

just wondering how its looked upon here basically, im asking peoples opinions basically. I myself dont like it, it does kinda taint HC, but, then again, in the case you've quit SC, or at least gone to the extend of selling all your gear, I see only a few options as to what you do with that money. so, in a sense i have to trade it or let it sit there and be useless. prolly when the expansion comes out ill give that a test run on SC, but, i dont need too much gold for that. maybe like 50 mil to gear up if even.

like if i exchanged, would that be looked down upon here.

6. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

I don't think most people look down upon it, and I don't either.

I would never do it myself though. It just kings ruins the experience for me, but I know lots of people that have done it on here.

7. Valeli

Valeli IncGamers Member

Second this. I wouldn't do it, because it would feel cheaty to me and thus make things less fun.

If it doesn't make things feel cheaty to you though, then who cares? The only one loosing out (or not) is you. It's not like you're somehow adding extra gold to the HC economy and ruining it for everyone; you're just being given gold from someone who already has it. It's no different than me giving some jewels to someone who just started playing HC, only on a much larger scale. You're not "negatively" impacting anyone but yourself, so if you don't see it as a negative impact then go crazy.

My two cents.

8. mesafalcon

i understand, and i even agree for the most part with you guys.

but, what do i do with the 250mil ? Let it sit on SC in case I one day play again ? Sell it for 19 cents a million ( I'd have to exchange to Japanese currency so minus 20 % whatever it is, last I heard 25 cent per mil). No way. too cheap.

You understand the dilema right ? So, as a follow up question, for those of you who left SC for HC as it seems i am now... Have you ever thought of a reason to go back (aside from test runs, which are cheap and no reason to gear up with 100s of millions for). As of now, I see no reason to go back to SC.

9. Valeli

Valeli IncGamers Member

As you point out, neither of your choices for what to do with the 250 million are great (although, really, neither is /that/ awful either, in the big picture).

Honestly, it sounds to me like your mind was fairly made up regarding what to do at the time of posting this, and you're just looking for affirmation that it's not an "awful thing". Maybe I'm wrong, but that's sort of the impression I get at least. It's really not an awful thing. Really. It certainly doesn't impact anyone but you. If you think you'll have fun doing it, and think it's a better alternative than the above "not great" options, go for it.

I never left SC for HC, so I can't really answer that follow up. I don't see any particular reason to go back other than testing things, unless your internet connection someday got really chippy or something (thank god for online only games, am i right? ~.~). In D2 I'd occasionally fiddle around with some really poor builds though, and might do those on SC because I knew they were quite sub-par but didn't feel like playing overly cautiously with them. So that might be something. But otherwise, there's really no great reason to play both SC and HC characters in parallel, imo.

10. mesafalcon

ya, the first part is right. my mind is pretty much made up to get some. but, I'm not looking for confirmation, just a straight out debate on the topic. reasons ppl like or dislike the fact that it's an option.

as for part 2, some ppl do practice runs in SC before they tackle a boss or step into the next difficulty area. which to me I can see as a reason to keep some SC stuff around. other than that ... I'm hoping for some good old debate on why I should ever play SC again. this may not be he best place for that tho lol. still, maybe someone had something. I'm even posting in SC forums less and less now.

thanks for he response

11. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

People used to do these kind of trades in Diablo 2 and it's not a big deal. The problem is finding somebody that is has played HC, decided it wasn't for them, and is going back to SC.

Post in the appropriate trade forum for the server you're playing and see if you get any offers.

12. entranced

entranced IncGamers Member

I'm ambivalent, it is what it is.

I don't see a problem with you doing it. You're basically transferring your "time". If you don't feel like it will ruin the experience (and in fact will even enhance your experience), there is literally no reason why you shouldn't do it.

My impression is that people typically never return to SC once they've discovered HC for the first time. The main reason some play both is to play with friends who don't play HC.

13. mesafalcon

well. the thing that keeps me away from SC and may always keep me away from SC is other games. I think GW2 and T2 are better than D3 softcore ... but HC is awesome so far.

mainly, I'm not gonna spent too much on a single item (to use, flips are different of course). my limit atm is the 5mil range..

and spread out my character levels the best i can so losing a 60 will never bring me back to square 1.

anyway, thanks for the input

14. gakky

gakky IncGamers Member

HC apart, I wouldn't leave 250 million gold sitting there. Come back in 4 weeks it'll be worth half as much. You should sell it now to paypal or bnet balance.

15. mesafalcon

ya. I traded away most of it and bought tanked out items with some.

cant believe how low some prices got in SC. looks terrible. so, now you can basically pick and choose anything under completely godly for like 50k - 3mil ish? seems pointless, so happy I 90% play HC

16. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

There's also the option of investing. 250 million spent on legacy nat's parts should, in theory, only appreciate in value.

17. mesafalcon

well, i have 70 mil now... but, not a bad idea ya.

Legacy Justice Lanterns might go up in value too...

18. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

It could certainly happen with the introduction of pvp, though I can't foresee much else making them truly valuable on softcore.

19. mesafalcon

you can wear 2 of them. one legacy and one current one... so, you can really max out block... more ppl might realize that and be like hmm, i wanna try that. like i did last night.

stood in mp5 a3 in the core with 63% block and my other life regen gear etc and mobs couldnt kill me. gotta attribute some of that to the JL stacking (tested this on SC). so if i had that set up in HC, which is expensive as far as the high block SS and HOC and JL, but, not undoable, i'd be pretty hard to kill on MP0 or MP1 if i could stand in mp5 and not die as mobs pound me.

but

in hc, that JL legacy would be a tall order...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  20. meth

meth IncGamers Member

I am ok with sc:hc, hc:sc at least it keeps the gold within the game. I am not for buying gold off of gold farmers outside of the game. I think the most difficult part is finding someone you can trust to do sc for hc, as there is no real safe way of doing it unless you trust the person. I traded sc for hc twice (in increments and once got ripped off on first batch, 2nd time was good and traded several times with the person but now hes out of hc gold :X