Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Monsters different drops

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Erfel, Jan 11, 2013. | Replies: 8 | Views: 2547

1. Erfel

Erfel IncGamers Member

Ok. We all know that uniques and champions in alvl 85 can drop any possible item etc etc.

So, a freaking skel in act1 mausoleum can drop tyrael's might, and so ****ing lord de seis can.

So, why should i ever get to chaos sanctuary, with hard and strong monsters, when i can enjoy mausoleum-pit? It seems stupid.
    But when you kill a unique monster, he always drop at least one gem or one magic+ item, and some pots. When you kill champions you will find 2 pots and gold or a magic items.

What about normal monsters? I don't think they all have the same drops... duriel often drops town portal scrolls, andariel often drops gems etc.
    Area level is definetly NOT the only thing to look when mfing, 'cause drop is influenced by other things i don't really know

Anything about it?
  2. Black Lotus

Black Lotus IncGamers Member

Chaos Sanctuary and WSK both have diablo and Baal at the end of them. WSK also have Baal's minions (5 waves right?) that give you tons of XP. Thats why you usually prefer run chaos/wsk if you can.

According to ATMA, drop chances are not EXACTLY the same, and have something to do with monster type (it is known that wraiths dont drop weapon/armor at all, only runes/pots and no drops in his table etc). But all The Pit Lvl1-2 minions (mlvl88) and WSK Lvl1-3 minions have the same chance of spawning tyraels might ye.

Archers have decreased chance of spawning tyraels.
  3. Erfel

Erfel IncGamers Member

Oh right... atma! I finally installed it.

So, in a pure magic find purpose, best runs should be pit mausoleum etc... generally, the easier ones.

Am i right?
  4. Black Lotus

Black Lotus IncGamers Member

Personally, I dont see any point in "mf runs" since most valuable things aint actually unique or set. But if you are really after some shako and cant trade for it, ye pits are good. Note that there are items that only diablo and baal can spawn, as well as some 90+lvl affixes (small charms, 41+ life grand charms etc).
  5. Kitteh

Kitteh IncGamers Site Pal

Pits are not the place to go for Shako, that would me Mephisto. L85 areas are for higher tier uniques/sets that can't be farmed from Meph in two hours.
  6. Ultragrisen

Ultragrisen IncGamers Member

This is for sure true! If you want to get super rich then charms and lucky rune drops will be better to focus on.
  7. Archone

Archone IncGamers Member

Dia/Nihlatak has an mlvl of 95 and Baal has an mlvl of 99.
    This means they can drop the best charms, like the 4max/ar Sc's and those high Pdmg scs! And they can drop GC's with the lvl91 affix (41-45life)

If you want runes, then do cowruns. They can drop up to Zod and the faster you kill the more runes youll get. Chaos is an alternative if you can kill fast. Hammerdins and Infinity Light Sorcs are the best bet there.

Ive also used my Find Item/ww barbarian hybrid with great success. Let someone else do the killing, equip dual Alibabas w 2xIst each, and youll get a massive amount of items.

Peace
  8. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

First things first. Lord De Seis cannot drop Tyrael's Might, or any other TC87 item. Nor can the other seal bosses EVEN if they are lvl 88.

The best reasons for doing Chaos Sanctuary runs (CS runs) instead of easier areas of the same lvl
    - Higher monster density. If you have a good character, you can kill more monsters faster, even if they are harder.
    - River of Flame is also lvl85; you have a WP right to the grinding. Unlike most other lvl 85 areas
    - Diablo (lvl 94, not 95)at the end of each run. At lvl 97, he gives as much expirience as the rest of the run. At lvl 98, almost all exp comes from him alone. He can also drop a few things like GCs with 41-45 life and +2 skills amulets.

However, some characters, like poison necros or cold sorcs will prefer pits and Ancient Tunnels because of the no poison immunes in pits and no natural cold immunes in AT.
  9. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Site Pal

You tell em helvete! :)