Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Monster shrine and teleport question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by KiraZ, Apr 15, 2012. | Replies: 6 | Views: 1573

1. KiraZ

KiraZ IncGamers Member

Monster shrine and teleport question

Just activated a monster shrine in A1 Hell for a Tele/LE/CE and resultingly FI/CI Fallen. Used my LS, and then he tele-ed somewhere north (because there's only him in the area and the LS shot up). Now, the problem is, I can't find him anywhere!! Scoured the entire Cold Plains and didn't find him at all. However, when I was cleaning up the rest while looking for him a nice rune dropped. My question is:

1. How far is the radius of monster's tele? Same as soso's? It seems to tele close by for a couple of times, then poof, gone like that!! Or can it tele to other areas (blood moor or stone field), though the distance is very far (see pic)

2. Since a monster shrine converts a regular to unique, is the drop also upgraded? I can't find a stack of items after he tele-ed (which may be my LS kill), so if his drops are also upgraded to unique's, he couldn't have died yet. Or is it possible that the rune is from him (it does seems worthy for him to drop it) and my TP home to sell item cleans its corpse? No drop in the area indicated his death, yet he vanished (I saw that antler drop, its not him)

3. Is the mechanics of monster shrine simply upgrades a mob to unique? Any duration for killing the unique or it will poof automatically? Any drop rule? Heck, any special rules?

Currently pissed off. Haven't turned off my PC yet since I want full clear, that midget included.

Edit: Scoured burial grounds, moor, stony fields, cave. He's not there
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  2. coju

coju IncGamers Member

Re: Monster shrine and teleport question

Iirc I've seen, well, found themseveral screens away.
  3. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Ya, sometimes they go a little further than you would expect, but unless you were near an adjacent area, I doubt he could teleport that far. My best guess is that he teleported out of the boundary,a dn you can't get him. I'm also pretty sure that they always drop like a unique monster would, so you should see 4 potions and something else. I don't think they can ever convert back to a normal monster, either.
  4. KiraZ

KiraZ IncGamers Member

Added the pics to clarify. Tbh, the reason I was wondering is because the rune drop matches his name. Can it be that coincidence, or monster name has something to do with drops (in monster shrine case anyway)?
  5. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Monster name has nothing to do with drops, that vex for sure isn't from him.

Monster shrines are buggy, it wouldn't surprise me if something odd happened.

If you can't find him I'd say you're still fine on your full clear.
  6. KiraZ

KiraZ IncGamers Member

Yeah, I'll move on. Good to have some explanations tho.

Dang it. I thought monster shrine have bug with the uniques dropping runes. There goes my chance of meeting Gory BerMalBerIst the Puke. For now I'm happy with the newfound rune, but that same exact name on nearby unique, dang. My luck reserve will be dry for several years, and my finals is several days away :banghead:

7. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Site Pal

this made me laugh. if only it were that easy