Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Monster Resistances.xls

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by onderduiker, Feb 26, 2009. | Replies: 6 | Views: 10460

1. onderduiker

onderduiker IncGamers Member

Monster Resistances.xls

I've created a new Microsoft Excel worksheet listing monster resistances and immunities in Hell Acts 1-5, which allows you to filter the data and calculate hit points with varying number of players and different monster classes.

Unfortunately it doesn't list resistances and immunities for the Diablo clone and the Pandemonium Event, since these are exclusively on-line and I'd be unable to verify them. The worksheet hasn't been protected since doing so doesn't allow the filter to be used. If anybody has any questions or comes across any errors, let me know. A more advanced Excel user could certainly do better, but it gets the job done and it should be reasonably easy to use. Below are a few notes on certain aspects of the worksheet.

Class
    Monsters can be Normal, Minion, (Super) Unique, Champion (includes Fanatic and Ghostly), Berserker, Possessed and Boss. Clicking on the cell above the Class column will allow you to select different classes from a drop-down list, changing the class of all applicable monsters listed below. Hit points will be recalculated accordingly.

Note that I haven't taken into account the random Unique or Champion monsters that can be spawned by Monster Shrines due to both the rarity of these shrines and my lack of understanding of their mechanics. It seems as though they'll transform the nearest normal monster into a Unique (without minions) or a Champion, but I don't know how the game selects shrines and in which areas they won't spawn.

This should only be an issue with dependent monsters (e.g. Fallen) or monsters whose spawning is determined by location on the map (e.g. Fallen encampments) rather than Levels.txt. If need be, complete the final stage of the calculations using the following multipliers, and round down:

Code:
    HELL   MINION   UNIQUE   CHAMPION   BERSERKER   POSSESSED

Players
    Click on the number of players and select 1-8 from the drop-down list to automatically recalculate the hit-points listed in the Min and Max HP columns below.

Filter
    Click on the arrows in the bottom right-hand corner of the column headings and select from the drop-down list to filter the data below. Some examples:

• To list all monsters in Act 5, click on the Act arrow and select 5.
    • To list all monsters in level 85 areas, click on the Level arrow and select 85.
    • To list all Immune to Poison monsters, click on the PR % arrow and select (Custom...), then select is greater than or equal to, and input 100.
    Perform all three consecutively and you have a list of all Immune to Poison monsters in level 85 areas of Act 5. :)

Monster
    Monsters in bold can spawn independently, while those that are dependent on others (spawn or minions) are not in bold. For example, Fallen will only spawn if a Fallen Shaman spawns, but Fallen can spawn independently. Dependent monsters will be listed below the monster upon which they depend.

Super Unique and Boss monsters (with the exception of Putrid Defilers) and their minions are highlighted in gold. Their set modifiers (some of which are abbreviated) are listed below their names. When they have no set modifiers but acquire random ones in Nightmare and Hell, their names will be aligned with the top of the cell rather than centered.

Curse
    The Curse column tells you whether or not the monster can be cursed, which will determine whether Amplify Damage, Decrepify or Lower Resist can be used to lower Resist % or break immunities. Selecting Possessed above the Class column will automatically change the entry in this column to No, where applicable.

To the best of my knowledge, Conviction applies to every enemy, even if the aura isn't displayed beneath it when it's within range, with the sole exception of an Aura Enchanted (Super) Unique or Boss with higher level Conviction. In Acts 1-5 level 11 Conviction is the highest (Nihlathak and (Super) Unique monsters in level 85+ areas), while in the Pandemonium Event Mephisto has level 20.

UPDATE 24 DECEMBER 2012 Since the attached file can no longer be viewed, download it using one of the following links:

Those who do not have Microsoft Office can still access this spreadsheet by downloading OpenOffice for free.
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  2. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Re: Monster Resistances.xls

bleh. wrong topic
  3. birthdaycake

birthdaycake IncGamers Member

Fantastically helpful. Thanks for the file :)
  4. zhiayn

zhiayn IncGamers Member

thank you. This is extremely helpful!
  5. Are

Are IncGamers Member

Very nice; thank you! :)
  6. el shendee

el shendee IncGamers Member

I can't see the Excel file. :-(
  7. onderduiker

onderduiker IncGamers Member

Since the attached file can no longer be viewed, it can be downloaded using one of the following links:

Those who do not have Microsoft Office can still access this spreadsheet by downloading OpenOffice for free.