Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Monster Power exp bonuses in v1.07

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by Flux, Jan 16, 2013. | Replies: 6 | Views: 5438

1. Flux

Flux Administrator

The biggest failing of the MP system since launch has been the lack of properly scaling experience bonuses for playing on higher MP levels. That's changing in v1.07 and I'm wondering what people are thinking about their upcoming ideal MP level? Obviously it'll vary between characters, but it seems like playing on MP1 or MP2 or higher will be the better option for most characters who aren't just scraping by.

New bonus experience figures:

• MP 1: 25% (up from 10%)
    • MP 2: 50% (up from 20%)
    • MP 3: 80% (up from 30%)
    • MP 4: 120%(up from 45%)
    • MP 5: 165% (up from 60%)
    • MP 6: 215% (up from 75%)
    • MP 7: 275% (up from 95%)
    • MP 8: 340% (up from 115%)
    • MP 9: 420% (up from 135%
    • MP 10: 510% (up from 160%)

Bear in mind that you still get the current 25% MF/GF bonus per MP level, so at even just MP2 you're rolling 50% bonuses to exp, MF, and GF. That's a pretty tempting cookie... probably your character can't farm MP2 as quickly as MP0, but if you're well-equipped I bet it doesn't take you 50% longer...

Plus you can do MP settings in public games now! If not for the fact that no one has ever played a public game of D3, that could be really awesome...
  2. windstriker

windstriker IncGamers Member

Not really impressed, as only my high paragon monk will be good at running on higher MP and he doesn't really need more exp. And he'll actually still most likely get more from MP0 as he runs with a tempest rush build. My other characters will continue to play in lower MP because they're not strong enough to increase it. So this change will not have any effect for me at least, but it's for sure a step in the right direction. Perhaps good if farming in multiplayer?

About the extra MF/GF. If you already have 300 in base MF and you get 75 from Neph, 50 more MF wont be very attractive for you. The extra drops you get from normal mobs would matter more it seems to me. So, basically, the strong farmer characters do almost not gain anything from increasing one MP level because their high paragon lvl, and the weak that would gain from it are too weak to play on higher MP!
  3. soucouyant

soucouyant IncGamers Member

That's a huge uplift in XP. I currently do key runs on MP4, I then farm on the same act in the usual spots without too much difficulty so I was looking at trying MP5 too see how much harder / longer it is.

They have basically multiplied the XP levels x 3 in terms of scaling up so levelling should only take 66% (ish) of the time it takes now, so provided the MP level doesn't take you 33%(ish) longer to do, it's a winner.

Could this also be the start of "rushing" in D3 ? MP10 level players charging million in gold (or even RMAH ?) to take brand new characters to level 60 in a fraction of the time ?
  4. Aahzmadius

Aahzmadius IncGamers Member

I've done a few test runs the last couple of nights, and MP2 seems like a good level. It takes a little longer than MP1, but that big boost in drops from whtie mobs, plus the XP gain, looks too tempting to pass up. My DH is best equipped to quickly farm with friends; my WD will continue to do solo MP0 runs until I get a big damage boost (he's the character I have at max magic find).
  5. Yodies

Yodies IncGamers Member

I've been farming keys in MP5-6 and for my group that's hard! It's a challenge and keeps the game exciting. I'll be staying there come the patch.

I do not like how blizzard is making it easier to get to MP100. I wanted a long term goal, now it's 3 times shorter.
  6. TheDestructor

TheDestructor IncGamers Member

Super excited about this change, especially since I can fairly easily do MP2 right now. I think it's a good change since the way the system works right now, you take so long to level one character, you tend to develop a main, and that's not good for a lot of players who enjoy multiple classes. This way I can get a character up to speed without having to suffer quite so many hours of low MF/GF.
  7. CptSlappy

CptSlappy IncGamers Member

it should be noticed that these values only apply to inferno difficulty. Which makes sense, since otherwise it would be a little bit too fast from 1 to 60 imho.