Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Monk or Demon Hunter? End-Game PVP/Paragon

Discussion in 'Demon Hunter' started by livejamie, Dec 5, 2012. | Replies: 3 | Views: 2314

1. livejamie

livejamie IncGamers Member

Just kind of getting back into the game after playing a lot of MOP.

Before MOP hit I leveled every class to 60 but kinda stopped after Killing Diablo on Inferno, as there weren't Paragon levels or things to do back then.

I think I enjoy my DH and my Monk the best but I can't really decide what to play.

Any recommendations as to what will be easier to grind with? Also which do you think will be better in PVP? I'm a 2400 player on multiple classes in WOW and that's what I enjoy the most.

I have a set of gear that I swap between the Monk and DH, the DH has about 200k DPS and the Monk has about 140k - I don't really notice a big difference in either as far as farming speed or survivability goes.

Any thoughts would be appreciated from people in a similar spot or people who have played their DH/Monk a lot.

Thanks!
  2. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

I have played very little of both but I consider Monk "Cooler". :wave:

If you really do not notice any difference in farm speed, just go for the one which you like the most.
  3. InsaneAction

InsaneAction IncGamers Member

Those are 2 totally different play styles, Monk vs DH, that's what it really comes down to...

Personally I think the Monk is more enjoyable for Solo play because I can face tank most mobs.

DH is great fun with a tank/group play because I can just hang out in the back and blast some serious "dεεps"...

I guess what it comes down to is;

Do you like to run up to the mobs and attack them?

or

Do you like to kite away from the mob and attack them?
  4. Karth

Karth IncGamers Member

Paragon leveling: Both have their own mp0 farming builds and both can be quite effective at it. DH probably has an edge here, but monks are much more party-friendly.

PVP: I don't think anyone who at this point makes any recommendations about pvp should be making recommendations about pvp. There is too little known; nobody has any real information about how skills are going to be changed in pvp, there's no telling what kinds of gear might get nerfed for pvp, when do health globes drop if at all?, etc.

As InsaneAction said, for the moment it comes down to which you prefer. Even grinding; if you don't enjoy a character you'll probably grind less and thus get less paragon, even if it farms faster.