Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Monk 1.0.3 updated Equipment and Stats guide

Discussion in 'Monk' started by Thehealthygamer, Jul 1, 2012. | Replies: 5 | Views: 1789

1. Thehealthygamer

Thehealthygamer IncGamers Member

2. Hwaygo

Hwaygo IncGamers Member

Good video :)

Crit chance has really taken a front seat for me. The monk as so many skills that proc off critical hits!
    I think the challenge for most people is building up their crit chance without spending millions on the AH. But I guess it just takes time.
  3. windstriker

windstriker IncGamers Member

You say that mobs die so fast so that you do fare quite well against most things in act 3 even with such low resists and not that much LoH. But how does things work out for you if you get frozen/jailed in desecrator/molten/arcane? I currently have 40k hp, 6500 armor, 750@ and 27% block with a 2,7-3,7k shield and with some bad luck in act 2 I can surely die when getting locked down, especially when getting frozen. What happens to your monk in these situations? Can't always pop serenity! :)
    Wondering just how much of my defensive stats I can afford to get rid of for getting some more DPS!
  4. Ohlmann

Ohlmann IncGamers Member

Well, maybe the trick is not getting frozen / jailed in those ? Ran more often from arcane / frozen, remember that Dashing strike break jailer, and try to predict desecration and molten (hard for molten horde, very hard for fire chain on ennmy which are not too sluggish, I agree)

5. windstriker

windstriker IncGamers Member

Oh really? Try not to get frozen, never thought about that!
    Seriously, ofc I avoid that and it's almost always possible. But, I want my monk to be as effective as possible, which means I need to be able to risk getting frozen once in a while. You would be surprised how low your DPS is while you are running away from mobs. And I want to kill as many elites I can as fast as i can and then survivability is important to keep up the DPS as long as possible without having to run out of the fight too often.
  6. unmoses

unmoses IncGamers Member

I'm running 40k hp, 5200 armor, 715 resists and dual weild with 600 loh and 20%/125% crit and act 3 is hit or miss depending on the champ grp. I feel I need to up the armor and resists, and probably re-equip my shield or buy a good one (best blocks are uber expensive)