Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Mod to remap spell hotkeys in D1?

Discussion in 'Diablo 1' started by Aleeque, Dec 27, 2012. | Replies: 2 | Views: 3681

1. Aleeque

Aleeque IncGamers Member

Is there any way to do this?

I remember a D1 veteran named Langolier used to host a .dat file that would remap the spell hotkeys from F5-F8 to ASDF or something like that. Unfortunately, his website (dpsyche.com) is down and it's no longer possible to download it.

There is also a very similar mod made a long time ago by a guy named SubSpace. I was even able to download it through Web Archive using a link obtained through browsing old google groups (alt.diablo or something like this). But his mod only works in 1.07 which isn't very helpful.

Or maybe there are some windows utilities that would achieve the same goal by simply remapping the keys manually?
  2. doughnutjimmy

doughnutjimmy IncGamers Member

I missed this thread and just made a post requesting the same thing. Would be amazing if anyone can help with this as otherwise i basically may as well give up sorc running :(
  3. Aleeque

Aleeque IncGamers Member

Actually I solved this problem by installing a small program called Autohotkey. It runs in your tray and you can turn it off or on whenever you want, no need to restart PC or anything.

when you first run it, it will offer you to make a script file in your documents folder. You need to choose File - Edit script then paste the following text (modify according to your own needs):

q::f5
    w::f6
    e::f7
    r::f8
    b::i
    v::b
    f1::q

Whenever you want to pause the script (when not playing Diablo etc) just right click the tray icon and check "suspend hotkeys".