Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Mod groups

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by japanzaman, Mar 4, 2013. | Replies: 4 | Views: 2048

1. japanzaman

japanzaman IncGamers Member

I'm interested in the different groupings mods have, particularly concerning how rare item mods spawn. I know the basic stuff- if a Savage mod is selected, no other mods from that group can be selected. However, I'm having trouble finding information dealing with the trickier areas.

For example: If a +damage% mod is selected in the first slot, does that also mean that a Knight's mod (or something like it) could drop to compound the damage bonus? Or are these also part of the same group?

Is there some information out there about mod groups? I've been looking but can't find anything. Surely somebody around here knows something. Thanks in advance.
  2. Victus

Victus IncGamers Member

3. Thyiad

Thyiad D2 Assassin, Barbarian<br>& Single Player & SP Tra

You may also find some of these threads useful.

Item Generation Tutorial for Patch 1.11 (v1.0) by Warrior of Light
    An indepth and comphrehensive explanation of Item Generation in D2. Not for the beginner!

Guide to Altering Items In-Game (no not hacks :) ) by Uzziah
    An item generating overview covering socketing Items, cube Recipe, rerolling strategies and staff mods

A Guide to Charms in 1.10/1.11 by Kronos, updated by Corax
    An amazing reference on charms. Prefix/suffix and ilevels are all in here and a handy guide to what's worth keeping.

Skill Granting Items 2.1 tables of oskills, auras, ctc and more By Kijya
    If you can get it on an item, it's here. Use with the mods on items table.

All from the D2SPF FAQ.

Affix Generation Tables
    Affix generator for magic and rare items.
  4. japanzaman

japanzaman IncGamers Member

Thanks for the info! So according to this calculator it is possible to draw a Grinding & Warrior's mod for the same weapon, which could push the overall damage up to around 350% ED, not to mention other damage mods.
  5. zaphodbrx

zaphodbrx IncGamers Member

You can get Cruel's+masters as well, which would put it at 450% ed, though I think fools is probably better than master's.