Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Minimum Price of Gold is 0.25

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Market & Economy Discussion Forum' started by Crunchy II, Dec 2, 2012. | Replies: 11 | Views: 9976

1. Crunchy II

Crunchy II IncGamers Member

I don't know if this is widely known but it looks like the gold price has a minimum cap of 0.25 of whatever currency you are using. The GBP RMAH has bottomed out at £0.25 for a week or so now. The EUR RMAH price is generally a little higher than the GBP RMAH due to the exchange rate but it too hit €0.25 before recovering slightly.
  2. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Yes, when it was first released it was sold in 100k quantities instead of 1 million. It was at .25 for a long time.

The US market has been sitting around .3 to .35 for a week or two now. I wish it'd just bottom out already!
  3. CptSlappy

CptSlappy IncGamers Member

This Cap is the reason why the RMAH failed it's initial purpose: To get rid of Diablo Gold Sellers/Shop's

This Cap makes it lucrative to sell Gold outside of The RMAH for a lower price.
  4. spiffymcbang

spiffymcbang D3 Trade Moderator<br> America, USEast (D2)<br> Ne

$.25 per million!!!!!
    nah, theres no bots at all. or at least not many of them, ok a few, maybe. OK,ok most people probably run one, buts it.

It still boggles my mind that blizzard could not make a game that you can't run a bot.
  5. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

@spiffy:

The only way to prevent a bot is adding a requirement that a bot has to be turing complete to play the game. - However to make sure something has to be turing complete you basically have to incorporate the turing test into the game. And to implement a turing test you have to be turing complete yourself (this is all definitions).

Now if blizzard could make a turing complete environment, that would mean they created something so innovative they might even catch the "turing price". (One of the most prestigious prices in the computer science world). Creating a program that is turing complete (and/or can apply the turing test) is one of the holy grails in the computer science.

Untill you create something turing complete, bots can always beat humans.
  6. Thattly

Thattly IncGamers Member

I tried to research about the turing and what I understand is that, turing test is a program that can detect an AI in the system? Then what exactly is turing complete? I am confused on that one.
  7. Markco

Markco IncGamers Member

The real price of gold is around 10 cents, which is why you will have trouble selling 1 million for 25 cents at the moment.
  8. kestegs

You can actually sell it on the AH still, it's just slow. I probably only average like 5-10 mil a day in sales.
  9. Markco

Markco IncGamers Member

I put 4 million up at a time but I get maybe one batch every few days. It's great return but not consistent at all for me.
  10. kestegs

I've wondered what the best way to sell stuff is, I'm not sure how blizzard decides who gets to sell their gold when someone clicks to buy.

I've tried listing varying amounts from 10-1000 million and it usually seems to sell from the larger stacks.
  11. Markco

Markco IncGamers Member

That is definitely worth testing! Thanks for the tip.

i find legendary and set item to be the best cash out method.
  12. Flamme

Flamme IncGamers Member

What does it mean when you say the price is 0,25? How much gold do you get for that price?