Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

MFO Interest Thread - Is it nearly time for round two? Post your interest & thoughts.

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Community Forum' started by Joosh, Aug 30, 2013. | Replies: 15 | Views: 1739

1. Joosh

Joosh IncGamers Member

Hi guys,

It's been a while since the last MFO and since my last appearance but as always I have been lurking.

It seems like it would be nearly time for another MFO but I wanted to check in and see how active our player base is and see how much interest there is.

Feel free to submit your interest and any suggestions, comments or thoughts you have on the previous MFO's, the future MFO's and MFO's in general :)

For reference, would be thinking a start date around mid-october allowing for a third MFO on D3X release.

Joosh :thumbup:

EDIT:

For those uninitiated see the two threads below for details on the MFO;

MFO Signups & Progress
    MFO Results Thread
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  2. InteNuIgen

InteNuIgen IncGamers Site Pal

Re: MFO Interest Thread - Is it nearly time for round two? Post your interest & thoug

I don't know, since i got my wiz to P100 i really have no desire to play with her before D3X.
    And i have no other char that is even close to her in MF.

But if another MFO becomes a reality, there is a chance :)
  3. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

Re: MFO Interest Thread - Is it nearly time for round two? Post your interest & thoug

Is it actually possible to get a fair contest? In D2 and lvl80 character that hasn't even finished Act 1 can compete on a more or less equal footing and a 99er, but in D3 a 60(100) will always have significantly more MF than a 60(25) or 60(50). I understand that there is more involved than just MF, but it does lead to a bias toward the higher level character.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  4. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

Intriguing. I haven't played SC D3 in several months, and I've sold all my gear for gold. Been playing HC, but not for a couple of months and I only have a paragon 20 DH. I keep thinking about playing, but haven't found the motivation.
  5. InteNuIgen

How about different groups?

Selffound 0-60
    Selffound P1-P30
    Selffound P31 - P60
    Selffound P61 - P100

And the same for AH chars.

EDIT: If you start as a P30, you stay in that group, even if you advance to, say, P35 during the MFO.

What do you guys think?
  6. Joosh

Joosh IncGamers Member

Could be done, certainly opportunities to look for improvements over the last MFO. Though I think that worked out reasonably in the end, in addition I'd probably think the scores need tweaking with a big nerf to the value of IK Armor to bring it in line with the rest.

But at this stage just gathering interest, the forum certainly doesn't seem as active as it did before :(
  7. kestegs

I'm gonna say that dividing the player base any more than we have to is going to be a bad thing. I think it would be a good idea if we had lots of people.
  8. InteNuIgen

You are probably right. But maybe some points nerf, scaling with the MP?
    Somehow we have to adjust for the inherent differences between a max MF AH-based char and someone who has run selffound and just reached 60
  9. DZJB

DZJB IncGamers Member

Congrats on the PL100 InteNuIgen! Saw that a couple of days ago.

Been playing some myself lately, because of the expansion announcement. I wouldn't mind an MFO, I'll have some free time in the next few months.

+1 to kestegs' post. Would be too many groups, though maybe there might be more interest this time around? And also +1 to Joosh, the point system needs some tweaking.
  10. kestegs

Right. I think some kind of division might be nice, but we can't do too much, guess it depends on how many people we actually have.

I do agree that the scores need tweaking, not sure what to do about it though.
  11. DZJB

DZJB IncGamers Member

Weren't the previous score determined by their price on the AH? I can only assume that the prices have changed alot in 9 months time.
  12. kestegs

Yes, they were based on some sort of algorithm I made up based on minimum sale price of items on the AH. So it probably changed a bit, but items that were good then are still good now.
  13. Joosh

Joosh IncGamers Member

Sorry about the late check-in, I'd be happy to update the rules/scores based on changes and to even things out. I certainly agree we could change the divisions however I do have concerns that with an already limited community, further segregation will limit competition.

That said if there's more interest from the community and people can post the server/paragon level of their runner perhaps we could run a poll and see how the competition for each category would be.

That said, with the expansion potentially coming out within the next 6-9 months, would people prefer to wait until release and work out a more accurate system after a reasonable period of time post release?

Thoughts and suggestions are encouraged and welcome :)

Joosh :thumbup:
  14. kestegs

I like the idea of running it before the RoS release. It would give me motivation to play before then :p

I would be running with a PL0 HC character I expect. Probably a monk, but not real sure right now.
  15. InteNuIgen

+1 to that

I would probably use the MFO to gain paragon levels with a sub-100 char, in order to get more points to distribute after 2.0
  16. DZJB

DZJB IncGamers Member

Hmm, well, I wouldn't mind joining the same category as you to avoid having too many of them. I can sign up my PLVL 60 Wiz, or any other of my (< PLVL 25) characters.

And +1 to have the MFO before RoS.